Do you want to test the PS4 firmware 2.50 right now? – SKFU can grant you this wish!
Important note: Some people on external sites are saying this could brick your PS4, or that this could install some sort of “backdoor” on your PS4: those statements are false and based on nothing. The technique below does not install anything harmful on your PS4, it points the console to the official (but hidden) PS4 2.50 file, hosted on Sony’s servers. This is the exact same file that Sony is sending to their beta testers.
Sony has published an official changelog of the upcoming PS4 firmware 2.50, which will be released in near future.
Some users are already running the beta (preview) firmware of version 2.50, which is only available to the MVP members of Sony, or is it?
Developer SKFU has published a method which allows any person to install the beta firmware 2.50 onto their PS4, as long as they are going to follow SKFU’s tutorial.This basically consists in finding the PUP file and tricking the PS4 into downloading it through SKFU pr0xy.
Keep in mind that a beta firmware is prone to have flaws, and that you are unable to downgrade your PS4 back to the most recent (public) firmware, which is 2.04.
It is also worth to mention that the Remote Play feature, the one that lets you use the PS4 screen on your PS Vita (TV), requires the PS Vita to run a firmware that has not been released yet (a firmware higher than 3.36).
This pretty much makes it impossible to use this feature, until Sony publishes the public PS4 FW 2.50 and a new PS Vita firmware alongside it.
- Get any SKFU’s Pr0xy server (wololo.net)
- Start & setup the Proxy Server on your PlayStation4
- Redirect “http://feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net/update/ps4/list/eu/ps4-updatelist.xml” to “http://zload.net/ps4/beta/ps4-updatelist.xml”
- In case your from another region, change “/eu/” to your regioncode!
- Search for an update on your PS4
- Download, install and enjoy 2.50 Beta 🙂
- In case this does not work, try the installation via safemode “Update using Internet”. If you have setup the proxy already, it also works in safemode.
Source via SKFU.