Custom Emulator Firmware TN-X for 3.00-3.20 Released
Previously promised TN-X is finally released. TN-X is a custom emulator firmware for Vita/Playstation TV. It runs Playstation 1 games with perfect sound and a lot more features.
It is known that some PS1 games can be exploited on Vita/Playstation TV. The two of the publicly known PS1 exploit games are Tekken 2 and XS Moto/Sports Superbike 2. You need to be on firmwares 3.00-3.20 and own one of these games to be able to use TN-X. You will also need TN-V to copy your PS1 games to ms0:/PSP/GAME/ directory. Here is the large feature list of TN-X:
* TN-X menu with cover arts and rumbling effect for DS3. Pressing triangle will open the configuration menu.
* Button combination to return back to TN-X menu by pressing L/L1 + SELECT.
* Integrated super fast SaveState plugin by holding SELECT for some seconds (remember that savestates in pspemu and ps1emu cannot be shared).
* Plugins support, but only CWCheat will be displayed correctly.
If you want to have an specific plugin being supported, contact me either via email (email@example.com) or write me a PM on wololo’s /talk.
* Official Vita’s screenshot feature with TN-X signature.
* TN-X custom button assignment (set your Vita’s offical button assignment to standard before using TN-X’s custom button assignment).
* Fullscreen hack for Vita TV (not all games/not all screen modes can be stretched up to 16:9).
* Fast forward feature by pressing R/R1 + SELECT to turn on/off.
* Enabled soundtracks in CDDA games.
* Possibility to use a custom bios by placing a bios file at ‘ms0:/PSX-BIOS.BIN’.
* Official PSN PS1 games can be played without licence file or ‘KEYS.BIN’.
If you don’t know how to convert your PS1 games to use them with TN-X, this guide will help you. Even though it says it is for PSP, everything is valid for Playstation Vita too.
TN-X together with TN-V is the reason i still use my Playstation Vita/Playstation TV daily. So i really appreciate Total_Noob’s work on them.
If you want to support TN’s work, here is the donation link.
You can download TN-X here
Source: /Talk Forums