How to: Convert a PSP save file from a region to another (by patrickneyl)
Note from Wololo: This tutorial was initially published by /Talk member patrickneyl, as part of our monthly tutorial contest. Patrickneyl won the best PSP tutorial prize in September (a $10 PSN Code) for his entry. You can find the original post here.
Through this tutorial, I will explain how to convert your game’s save files from a region to another one and make it compatible with the respective game.
In order to convert a save file to another region, you will need:
- The plugin sgdeemer (available here)
- A psp in CFW
Part 1: Installation
First, install sgdeemer as a plugin, then put it to enabled in the recovery .
To install a plugin, just put the .prx file named deemerh SEPLUGINS in the root folder of the Memory Stick then create (or edit the file game.txt) with this sentence:
ms0: / seplugins / deemerh .prx and enable it by adding 1 (1 means that the plugin is enabled).
Part 2: how to use
- Start the game using the save you want to convert and go to save the game.
- Just before initiating the save process, when the game tells you “overwrite?”, press L and do not let it off until the saving process is over.
- Do the same with the game of the other region that you want to convert the save to (for example I own the US and EU versions of the same game, well I do the same for both).
Part 3: conversion
- Once the save files prepared, go to your MS in PSP, and there you will find that there is a new folder named “SAVEPLAIN”, open it.
- Inside, there are files of your saved games and they can be recognized by the ID of the game.
- Open the folder where there is the save file you want to convert.
- In this folder, there is a file called SDDATA.bin, copy it and put it the folder of the same game from the other region you want to convert it to (for example I took the SDDATA from a game of EU region and I put it in the folder of the same game of US region).
- Start the psp,and then start the game that you moved the SDDATA.bin to.
- You will be able to load the save file of the other region game, now save (by pressing L) and turn off your PSP
- Then deactivate SGDEEMER plugin and delete the folder SAVEPLAIN.