Vita hack: the webkit exploit fully explained (+ more code for you to look at!)

1. biohazard90 says:

I would like to see a simple homebrew run too, thx for the news =)

• سلام.شرایط خاصی نداره. مال بنده هم نیست. سایت chiilick.com رو باز کنید و عضو بشید.برای عکاس شدن جای خیلی خوبیه.

• Krydser fingre for dig Emma! Det er vigtigt at have den rigtige mavefornemmelse, nÃ¥r det kommer til noget, man skal bruge sÃ¥ mange timer pÃ¥.Hvor arbejdede du henne, hvis jeg mÃ¥ høre? 🙂

• Asali, I'm not saving the best for last. I don't have a clear favorite I'm afraid, Trayee and Bombay Bling are both great with Mohur coming close second only because it's not the type of perfume I wear (it's too nice and proper for me). Review coming soon.And I don't think you should worry about cedar here, it's not even remotely strong, others are strong enough to keep it checked.

2. lmao says:

nice. we need loader and sdk

3. arcangelnew says:

I think the first thing to do, as impossible it sound, is check if with this exploit we can get RW privileges on the memory card and/or the internal memory, with that we can start developing tools using reverse engineering of the current files on the vita, I know it sound easy, but getting RW privileges on an encrypted memory (and getting the encryption key) using a webkit exploit is really, really hard, maybe yifan can achieve it, or maybe no one, hoping someone reverse engineer the vita memory card, that would be the entry point for Homebrew.

4. yugoslavija says:

enough steps, a lot of tools, complex.

5. Smoker1 says:

Please let one of the first Homebrews be a Doom Port 😀

• Thrawn says:

First homebrew will be “Hello World”.
      Second homebrew will be “Pong”.
      Third homebrew will be “DOOM”.

It’s always that way. 🙂

6. Charles Fasano says:

They lost me at the first “ROP Chain”. I’m a RealBasic guy, not a C++ or JavaScript guy. The first page of just about every C++ book gave me a headache so I have real respect for what these people do since it’s all Japanese to me. I would’ve said Greek but I think Greek would be easier to learn than C++.

I guess I will eventually upgrade my one Vita to 3.18 when the time comes. For now it will stay on 2.10.

7. dAxPro says:

Put a bounty in vita hack, what do you think?

• Sky Yuki says:

Well that’s how they do when they gonna hack new android
      But i don’t think there’s that big vita community and money isn’t everything

8. AirMage says:

I know! Call geohot – he will hack vita for less then week I think

9. StealingPirateRulez says:

This is so great news when we can finally download and steal vita isos. This will be great for the vita look what happened with the psp we could steal and download like crazy. Keep up the great work.

• xyler says:

Wololo’s site is not supporting piracy and this sort of posts should not be posted or removed.

• claymores says:

please. Piracy isnt that evil. If you use a emulator, than your pirating. Also piracy doesnt equal stealing!

• lol says:

It does. Unless you buy the licence after or before of doing it.
          Also, If you use an emulator and you’re emulating a game you already paid the licence for It’s not piracy, or at least, not stealing as the usual pirate does.

• swagniqqa says:

Just to clarify: Emulators are legal but the ROM has to be ripped from your own, legal copy of the game you want to emulate. Downloading ROMs is a no go.

• Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog? My blog is in the exact same area of interest as yours and my users would truly benefit from some of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this alright with you. Thanks a lot!

• I consider this is among the so very much significant info personally. And now i’m glad studying your article. However want to observation upon some common issues, The site taste is excellent, the articles is actually nice: D. Good job, cheers

• Wolf says:

Nice bait mate.

10. xyler says:

I love all the new attention that this exploit is getting, because a month ago I was unsure if anybody was going to try anything to get a native exploit. This is also a great so article which will encourage programmers to get their hands dirty. Ofcource a small homebrew or a native hello world with touchscreen interaction would be great, but searching for a real exploid is way more intresting if you ask me.

11. Stealvitagamesn says:

Will this come out soon does that mean we can download games for free? That’s the reason to hack for everyone.

12. dragng8 says:

wrong. the reason for hacking is for homebrew and to make a seemingly good software better. not everyone is a pirate

13. biohazard90 says:

I dream of the day when a ps2 emulator released on vita <=-)-§-<

• Ruben_wolfe says:

Although the vita GPU is stronger than ps2’s, its CPU isnt near strong enough when comparing to the ps2’s CPU.
      Therefore..a ps2 emulator is most likely not possible, and even if it was, it will have to be made first by Sony itself, for us the community to copy.

• Lakeisha says:

I could read a book about this without finding such real-world aphecaoprs!

• Great pics, definitely liking the last picture. Inspiring me to create a 3D room with interesting decal or wallpaper over the walls using mydeco.com 3D room planner. (Like the interesting light fixtures in the first picture too!)Thanks for sharing this!

• As a native Texan, I so appreciated this post! I have had this "dip" many times, but I had no idea it had such an interesting origin. I can't wait to share this story with my grandparents next week!

• Hot topic for me. Yesterday by the end of the day absolutely lost my temper and start shouting like never before in 2 years. The only one good thing is not on my colleagues creatives, but on “suit” MD:) Waiting for the call for the “Sorry man but we have to say good bye to you” meeting

• V£RITAS LIߣRAT remains de best even ßÇ & AÇ.Q”NAS tøps alL.AQUINAS u r great.AQ,nøOØ siZE,cuz we always say ßEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEß߀€€(there’s nØ time 2 waste).

14. meysam25 says:

so simply it is a dead end !

15. b6temd says:

I dream about a Steam In-Home Stream homebrew.

16. lollypop says:

like a geforce experiance’s mars and shield streaming server ?
    why are those not compatible with psvita or ps3/ps4 !!!

1. November 9, 2014

[…] weekend, most people rest. But not Bballing1 (CodeLion), TomTomDu80, and Smoke. Working with the recently released SDK by acez, they created a new Module Dumper that dumps all modules visible by the webkit process on the […]

2. November 11, 2014

[…] “past” the psp emulator hacks, and that it’s high time the scene moved to native hacks (which, as you know, is also a thing), but, forgive me if I say that this looks pretty awesome, and […]