Vita hack: Davee releases a Vita Native exploit through Webkit (but there might be a catch)

1. Tonakai says:

Bit of a shame I updated from 2.60 to 3.18 because I couldn’t get the PS1 loader to work.

Still, very excited about what the future is going to bring :mrgreen:

2. kiko says:

i get it tnx mr.wololo ill stay in 3.18

3. kiko says:

more power mr.davee and mr.wololo

4. Smoker1 says:

DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!!
    I am on 3.18 . I did this and it just refreshed. However, in doing so, I am not sure what happened, but now whenever I try to run QCMA, I connect my Vita and it keeps telling me I need to Update. So now I can not run the Content Manager.

• stef says:

Are you referring to the original post or the Codelion’s git ?

• codelion says:

hey mate, I have been having the same problem on 3.18 in general. put your vita in airplane mode, turn it off.
        Put your computer in airplane mode or unplug ethernet and reboot
        turn back on and they should connect, then it ok to reconnect your computer to the internet

• Smoker1 says:

This one where it has the Link for the Vita. However, Disregard my Comment. After you do this, Shut Down your Vita and then Start it up again. I guess it did something, but upon restarting, it clears it out.

• Smoker1 says:

Disregard. I Shut Down my Vita and when I started it back up it ran perfectly fine.

5. BlackFire27 says:

I don’t care if it doesn’t work on 3.30 or how long it takes. Davee knows what he’s doing and doesn’t get the respect he deserves. Long live 6.20 ~

6. z2 says:

page refreshes on a 3.18 fat vita.. 😀

7. Lyxse says:

I got a vita with the uno exploit (2.02)

should i stay on the version I am on right now… or update with some kind of program?

8. Walala says:

Hey anyone, could this lead to an exploit to activate a system offline sort of like that PSP hack thing where you could enable WMA music files without activating online?? Thanx!

Im a PSTV owner stuck with unactivated system on FW 3.20!!

9. Kyokawasaky209 says:

3.30 fail
    error 1

10. ew2k3 says:

in my case no error message the page reloads 🙂 my fw is 3.18

11. stealps4games says:

I tried it on my ps4 and it created a living breathing klingon and she tried to kill me with snusnu. be careful with stealing vita games I hear that creates klingons too. Special protections from sony

12. Ricky D says:

Tried it on 2.12. Just reloads the page, but no error message, so it seems to be working

13. Kryptek says:

Can anyone say whether it is patched on 3.18? :0 first a kernel exploit now a NATIVE VITA HACK! We are finally in for some goodies

14. Bill O'Reilly says:

No, you illiterate jackass.

15. lmao says:

ofc not, this is just usermode.

16. lmao says:

I’d say pirate 3DS game and run it on PSVita is possible (read: emulation), Vita GPU is around 10x power of 3DS GPU.

17. ballpets says:

nothing happen on 3.01

18. Aaron says:

Im on 3.18 and when i click start it powers off my vita and it restarts.

19. The Z says:

Yes. Yes we can.

We can also run PS4 games on it via the Install0us Now (a PS Now hacked) Store.

Aint progress great?

20. bubl says:

I’m on 3.18 and the side reloaded for me no error message

21. Shera says:

But what will the Exploit allows us to do ?? Will i be able to play pirated games, download PS Vita games for free from Sony Servers without use of account

• wololo says:

Piracy is off the table on this website, and for all the people involved in this hack so far, so you’re not asking the right people.

• AirMage says:

Hmm, soo ppl who trying hack vita only want launch of homebrews but not vita games?man that sucks

• fatman01923 says:

Piracy for vita games is also pretty pointless, just buy the games you like as the Vita’s library isn’t that huge at all. It is completely manageable hobby even if in a *poor* country a game every 3 or 4 months isn’t that bad.

• Goodefellow says:

I mainly want to play emulators, do I need to hack my vita for this? I
            ve found a lot of videos showing off VHBL and emulators on 3.35 but I can’t find any “how to” stuff,

22. cris says:

great great my ps vita is vulnerable good thing i stayed on low firmware for kernel psp exploit,waiting now for the emu using ps vita power and maybe a cfw 😛

23. Abdulec says:

Yes I’m IN

24. ocs says:

usermode (OFW) or kernel (CFW) ?

25. bruno says:

There is a chance to create an easy way to change accounts on vita with this?

26. JGWentworthh says:

Soo I just got the vulnerable message, what do I do now to get an emulator or something running?

27. XtremeDerp says:

lol yeah…the guys working on this don’t intend to support piracy…yet leave the door wide open to it.

Who are you trying to fool? Anyone who works on hacking a console/handheld IS supporting piracy. Period.
    Even if they really JUST want emulation of other consoles/handhelds or homebrew (which CAN lead to more piracy too), they KNOW that one of the consequences of hacking is piracy. So you only don’t support piracy by not hacking the hardware. There’s no other way around. They’re linked. One leads to the other. You’re not off the hook because you only want a piece of the hack. If you did the hack you’re held accountable for ALL it’s effects even if they’re not used by you or are used by someone else. Just man up and admit it, stop pretending you took the high road by not supporting the leeches. You didn’t.

• G4nz says:

People here actually support hacking and piracy, but they can’t publicly say about this, because “bad guys from police” are watching them.

• mlc says:

You may be morally accountable to yourself, but that doesn’t mean other people should hold you responsible for others’ actions. It is “good” to spread knowledge, even if that knowledge can be used immorally. You should also recognize that people have to protect themselves legally, so a strong stance against piracy isn’t necessarily contradictory.

• Richard says:

I’d like to interject for a moment.

Publishers often refer to copying they don’t approve of as “piracy.” In this way, they imply that it is ethically equivalent to attacking ships on the high seas, kidnapping and murdering the people on them. Based on such propaganda, they have procured laws in most of the world to forbid copying in most (or sometimes all) circumstances. (They are still pressuring to make these prohibitions more complete.)

If you don’t believe that copying not approved by the publisher is just like kidnapping and murder, you might prefer not to use the word “piracy” to describe it. Neutral terms such as “unauthorized copying” (or “prohibited copying” for the situation where it is illegal) are available for use instead. Some of us might even prefer to use a positive term such as “sharing information with your neighbor.”

A US judge, presiding over a trial for copyright infringement, recognized that “piracy” and “theft” are smear-words.

• JeremyR says:

It may very well lead to piracy,but so what? Sony has abandoned the Vita, and so have Western developers, except for Indie games that you can get for $1 (if not less) on the PC and yet go for $10-15 on the Vita.

heck, if not for the hackers, I couldn’t even play most of my PSP games on the Vita. Even many of the ones I own on PSN won’t work because Sony can’t be bothered to officially support it.

I basically paid $250 for a paperweight. Maybe this will let me use it for something.

• Goodefellow says:

“Piracy” is a dirty word, rather we call them ” back ups”

28. widjaya says:

My Vita stay in 3.15, and stay tuned for next project i can assume, buying old new ps vita can get fw 2.60 before price going high.

29. ChrisHighwind says:

“(says the guy who just updated to 3.30 yesterday…)”

Oh, good, I feel a little better knowing that I’m not the only one that made that mistake, though I updated far sooner, before the webkit exploit was even found.

30. SSJ-Vita says:

Sitting on a comfortable 2.60 kernel exploit from a game I bought BEFORE the exploit for it was released “that was a very nice surprise btw : D ” And actually and genuinely looking forward to some native vita homebrews to be honest. In the badass days there were psp competitions, I’d like to see that umph on the native vita for all us lucky chumps : )

1. October 19, 2014

[…] the fire that propagated through the scene within minutes of us mentioning this release, hackers left and right were quick to contact me about giving proper credit for the exploits; Davee […]

2. October 19, 2014

[…] Source […]

3. October 24, 2014

[…] nas and proxima have extended the recently released Vita Webkit exploit, and made it compatible with the latest PS4 firmware, firwmare […]

4. October 24, 2014

[…] desarrolladores nas y Proxima han conseguido aplicar una modificación del recienteexploit WebKit de PS Vita en el último firmware (v1.76) de PlayStation 4. Al igual que en la portátil de Sony, el fallo […]

5. October 24, 2014

6. October 25, 2014

7. October 25, 2014

[…] посвященному взлому игровых приставок PS Vita и Playstation 4, была опубликована информация о том, что известный хакер под ником Davee, […]

8. October 29, 2014

[…] Vita slim, but to get a Vita with a firmware as low as possible, so I could keep one vita for the future development of homebrew, and one for my PS+ subscription. So I actually intentionally got myself a Vita 1000 (the […]