Best Vita / PSP Homebrews for August 2014
Every month we publish a list of the best Vita and PSP homebrews as voted by our community over the previous month. You can add your own homebrews to our /downloads Database, and vote for your favorite ones. This doesn’t require any login.
Check out this month’s most popular homebrews, as rated by our community below.
This month, utilities get the most attention!
- Compatible with VHBL and CEF (ARK/TN < TNV4)
- Multi-language English, Spanish, German, French, Turkish, Polish, Italian
- Various settings
- Homebrew installing
- You can use custom themes and wallpapers
- Delete App and Homebrew Folder format features included
- Custom OSK
- Easy-to-use interface
- Protection measures included
- Low sized
9. Pro CFW
Unleash the full power of your PSP with the most popular Custom Firmware on the scene! Compatible with all PSP models on firmwares 6.20, 6.35, 6.39, and 6.60
- Homebrew Compatible – Run your own unsigned applications, both user and kernel mode.
- Plugin Compatible – Add new features to your PSP via kernel mode background plugins.
- ISO / CSO Game Dump Playback – Backup your own UMD discs via USB and play them from Flash Storage.
- 2g+ Memory Range Unlock -Use the previously locked RAM range within your own homebrews.
- NODRM Engine – Use your bought DLCs, no matter on which PSN account you are currently logged in.
- PSX Emulator Unlock ? Play your PSX classics, yes ? all of them. Not just PSN titles.
- And a lot more…
8. CyanogenMod PSP C
This isn’t a port of CyanogenMod for android, it’s a project created from scratch. It will never allow you to run android apps, the psp system doesn’t have the hardware capabilities to run android. It’s purpose is similar to that of “iR Shell”, but with a UI inspired by CyanogenMod.
7. FTP For PS Vita
Coldbird’s FTP server to ease the transfer of files to your Vita
(also known as CEF 6.60 TN)
– Custom Emulator Firmware 6.60 TN for PS Vita, with XMB support
– by Total_Noob (individual game exploits by various hackers)
* The whole PSP environment
* Recovery menu and VSH menu (many options to set)
* Support of plugins
* CPU speed changement (makes no sense, as the difference is only minimal :P)
* Install Addon
* Network update
* 1.50 kernel homebrews compatibility
* Higher homebrews compatibility (VLF homebrews)
* High PSX compatibility (experimental sound support since TN-V9)
* High backups compatibility
* Support of prometheus patched backups
5. PSVita Style CTF Theme
eCFW TN-V / CFW PSP CXMB Theme with vibrant, vivid PS Vita icons and start-up sequence.
Inspired by, and moded from Paolok95’s PS3 style theme.
removed all the shadow effect icons to lessen filesize and minimize(or eliminate loading bugs), since the icons are a bit heavy for loading.
More info at the forums:
4. 6.39/6.60 ME
The “Minimum Edition” CFW by neur0n is an alternate Custom Firmware for those who want to stay up to date on a hackable motherboard (PSP 1000/2000) and don’t want to use Pro CFW or TN Hen.
Game Boy Color and Sega Master System emulator
Lightweight simple plugin to dump a game’s savedata key.
New Homebrew of the Month
Ok, this one is actually from June, but check out ONELua, a new Lua interpreter from gdljjrod and Rober Galarga. This will let you create your own homebrews with Lua, a popular scripting language on the PSP. There exists many Lua interpreters for the PSP already, so you can check ONELua’s features in the /talk release thread.
ONELua can be downloaded here
Also check the following!
The entries below didn’t make it to the ranking this month, but were close, check these out:
What would you recommend to fellow PSP/Vita owners? Feel free to add your homebrews in our database and vote for your favorite ones!