[PSP] How to: patch new games with Iso Tool for M33/Gen users (by vitaboss)
Note from Wololo: This tutorial was initially published by /Talk member vitaboss, as part of our monthly tutorial contest. Vitaboss won the best PSP tutorial prize (a $20 PSN Code) for his entry. You can find the original post here.
Newly released games all require new firmware updates. If you are still using CFWs like 5.50 GEN-D3, 5.03 GEN-C and 5.00 M33-6, you will need to patch the new games otherwise they will not work. You can also in another option install new CFWs in order to play the new games.
If you don’t want to install new firmware and you are still on any of the 3 previous CFWs, you can follow this tutorial to learn how to simply use Iso tool which will let you patch any game In order to be playable.
Before starting, make sure that your Custom Firmware is any of these three:
- 5.00 M33-6
- 5.50 Gen-D3
- 5.03 Gen-C
0. Getting started
Place an iso (an unpatched Iso game file) in the /ISO folder on your memory stick.
1. Download ISO Tool
You can download ISO TOOL here.
- Connect your PSP to the computer via USB.
- Pass your PSP in “USB mode” with the option “USB Connection”.
- Right-click on the file you downloaded.
- Choose “Extract Files …” (WinRAR is advised).
- Choose like destination the letter assigned to your PSP from your computer.
- Press OK and wait for the extraction to be completed.
- Quit the “USB mode” on your PSP
- Go to Game and then Memory Stick menu to launch Iso tool.
3. How to use :
Iso Tool will automatically list the files located in the / ISO folder on your memory card. Select the iso you want to patch (with the arrows) and confirm the iso with the X button.
- A new menu appears, confirm with X button on the Patch option.
- In the submenu that opens confirm with X button the option patch Prometheus.
- Then select the MHP631 version of Prometheus.
- Then confirm with X button.
At the end of the process, Iso Tool automatically returns to the start menu, press the triangle button then select Exit and confirm with X button.
When you return to the XMB menu on your PSP, you can launch the game from Game -> Memory Stick, your iso is now compatible with firmware 5.00 M33-6, 5.03 Gen-C and 5.50 Gen-D3.