Playstation 4: Modder enables Mouse and Keyboard support

The Z

PSP & PS Vita scene member, iOS enthusiast, Anime lover, Firmware expert, Zett master

You may also like...

1. GuitaristMatt says:

This might be useful just for enhanced keyboard support when moving around the dash (or DMB).

2. wisest.guy says:

The biggest bane effecting mouse/keyboard controller emulation on the previous console generation was the annoying acceleration which made any input other than a thumb stick useless, this guy claims to have counteracted it to make smooth mouse (like PC games); I think that is the greatest breakthrough beyond the fact he got it working on PS4.

3. J says:

Dumb “news” post, there’s benn a device out for quite a while that already does this.

• theWizard says:

Just because you waste your whole day on the computer looking for this kind of stuff doesnt mean everyone else knows about this.

Why don’t you try writing something constructive?

…Like your own blog posts.

• Why don’t you point us to this device and explain how it is exactly the same as what is posted in this article ?

I am a PS3/PS4 person and i didn’t know about this device until TheZ posted about it.

Also ironic that you would use the word “dumb” in your post, when you did not spell the word “been” correctly :p

• Devin says:

I wanted to mention the device as well but thought it’d be thrown aside as advertisement. The CronusMax is the device I believe he’s referring to. It allows you to use a Keyboard+Mouse/360/PS3/Wii/PS3/Move Navigation/Wii U Pro/Xbox One controller on the PS4/PC/360/Xbox One/PS3. I just got one the other day to review and so far I’m pretty impressed with it. (BF4 on PS4 with keyboard+mouse support? Sign me up.) However I’m even more impressed at the extent Frank took to achieve such a thing. I couldn’t even begin to image where to start.

• Cronus Max did not work on the PS4 the last time i checked, it seems that it does now, though not in a great way, so this feature is only a new feature and hasn’t been “out quite a while” like J said it was and it does not not excuse him being an ass and calling this news story “Dumb”.

On a side note, i have the original Cronus and Cronus Xtreme, before they were sold to Team Xecutor, i use it for when i play my PS3, love the 360 control pad.

• Steph says:

I’ve known about the Xim – but had heard it was impossible with the PS4 as the controllers (Even when plugged in) use bluetooth to talk to the console.

I was delighted to read this post as i now know to look out for the new Xim. Looks like i will be buying titanfall twice!

4. Lawliet156 says:

Im bummed out that people can use mouse and keyboard for this gen, main reason I play multiplayer games on consoles is so I can play against people who use controllers like myself. I prefer controller over Mouse and Keyboard just cuz it feels more comfy for me.

5. n says:

why would you want to do this?

• mixedfish says:

“Why did you do this?

I like playing shooter games on PC but my laptop is too weak to play them. Game consoles do not support USB keyboards and USB mouse, they only support gamepads. Gamepad controls are not suitable for shooter games, using a keyboard and mouse is much more comfortable for gameplay.”

Read the articles.

6. walkerdeath says:

Correct me if i’m wrong, but i’ve played ff14’s beta recently and it asked me if i wanted to play with a keyboard and a mouse, so it should mean that the ps4 admits that kind of perypherals, but only if the game is programmed to do so.

7. keane says:

For it being a console, and as I’ve only really played consoles, I think or is unfair to allow people use mouse and keyboard because over all it is easier to kill people I know this because I am not effective with keyboard bit with just mouse I can still kill and enemies user controller you have to have super reactions on p to get a kill and a bit of luck.

• Stranno says:

The keyboard/gamepad support on console its old. Dreamcast already supported them in a few games (like Soldier of Fortune) and a bunch of Playstation 2 games already supported them (like Half Life).

• keane says:

I didn’t even know that, but oh that invalidates my point then! thanks I checked it out for ps3, I was wrong lol! Thanks for quick response

8. fate6 says:

Actually the PS4 supports it just fine, Its the games that don’t(same for XBO)
    FF14 ARR has full mouse and keyboard support BTW

9. skpg says:

is it because the PS4 uses X86 hardware that makes it easier for modders to get 100% functional adapters working? I know this was a huge problem with the PS3.

If only the Vita hardware was more open.

10. 110706 says:

What if Sony blocks it now? i mean they block tiny stuff to run on Vita, i bet they will go batst crazy about this, full paranoia mode and block it before someone tries to get inside PS4 with the help of this usb “exploit”.

11. DaReapa says:

Your wrong keyboard support is supported on the ps4 natively but it is up to individual game developers to add the supoort to the game. It has been confirmed for a few playstation 4 tites already if you do the research

12. deidre says:

has anyone managed to dual boot a ps4 with linux? I would be very interested in that. thank you.

13. eleventh elfishly elflocks elicited elicitor elidible eligible eligibly.
    thefts   thegns   theine   theins   theirs   theism
      theist   themed. sorb     sord     sore     sori     sorn     sort     soth
    sots.

my wweb page; Go through much more