New mandatory Playstation Vita Firmware 3.10 released – Blocks TN-V kernel mode exploit and various exploit titles!

The Zett

I am usually located at the end of the Alphabet.

1. mohsen says:

bye bye, PSN

2. Rocklima2 says:

Damn Ps Vita update never show news function or more game compatibility ps one game.

3. chris says:

does any 3.01 exploit game return on psn i am itching to set up my ps vita to kernel exploit 🙂

4. frank-jaeger says:

well psn was fun while it lasted…

5. takotako says:

They moved Parental Control out from Settings app.

They made PS4 Link and PS3 Remote Play two separate apps while they should merge into one.

They still can’t make PS4 Link working on Vita TV.

and now…

They moved Application Data Management out from Settings app, change its UI’s color, and threw it into Content Manager.
    Still can’t backup and delete Vita game’s savedata alone without backup/delete the game itself.
    (Ok, PS Plus can do that, but SCEJA quietly removed the “55+ free games a year” promise from Japanese PS Plus’s description)

What’s the point?

$ONY make.***

• mixedfish says:

What’s the point? You can now have 500 applications on the screen, so who gives a flying f***, put the *** in folders you don’t want.

• jake says:

I’m 100% sure (okay 99%) that Sony said Vita TV wouldn’t be compatable with PS4 at launch.

Now remember what sony does when sony says “it will”. It usually will take forever, or not arrive at all (although changers of latter are low)

• DeathOfChaos says:

Sooo… why make the Vita TV compatible with PS4 Link? Just play your PS4 on the TV using your PS4…

• gunblade says:

Well in early firmware could delete the game from content manager on the vita think they jus moved it to make more room in the setting app. crazy if someone was making a custum firmware. They have to add the prosess of moving the sub app if they was adding update 3.10

6. LennyVita says:

Still not worth the update. i will keep the greatness of TN-V.

7. R says:

can I buy games from PSN on the PS3 and transfer them to the Vita if I stay on 3.01 ???

8. Anas says:

Yes ofc you can through OCMA trick with the ps3

9. Skia says:

But without any exploited games to use the TN-V it doesn’t really matter that they patched the exploit for the games that were already patched individually?

Or am i missing something?

10. Sky Yuki says:

The real new application is : Calendar
    Other than that bug fix bug fix more customize to old app
    Not worth it
    I think there’s psp calendar homebrew

• gunblade says:

It’s Google calender probly connected to gmail and Google + would be usefull if sony dident upgrade the Browser app trick there gmail offline I think not sure lol…

11. weezer says:

does anyone know how to acess content manager without updating?

12. Kokumotsu says:

So with this update I’m not even considering it. So my question is. I’m a PS+ member. Since I’m not updating my vita. Is there a way I can still get the free games through ps3 since it uses the same store and transfer it using ocma?
    I saw a post a few days ago but didn’t get to read it

13. Galford says:

COME BACK TOTAL_NOOB..!!!!!!!!!!

14. Jaime says:

aaaand… this is why I just bought a 2nd hand PSPGo – Which cost about the same as an exploit game from PSN.
    Now I have a PSP for emulators and a Vita for multiplayer gaming.
    No more hassle.

15. reprep says:

here is my question. i have a psn plus still going on and i am on 3.01. i will not update to 3.10.

i know i can still get to psn via charles proxy but does anyone have an estimate about how long it will last from past experiences? if it lasts for about a month, i will renew my psn plus for one month as it is about to expire.

i do not have a ps3 with me now, or another vita.

• DarkenLX says:

Short Answer: Charles if your lucky youll get at max 5 days it really depends how fast sony works.
      I’m trying to see if i can find another method it will prolly be something combined with charles but atm im getting as much data on this issue as i possibly can before i make any solid claims.

16. mma_jedi says:

I always turn my Vita off at bedtime, last night I forgot to. Woke up this morning and when hitting the home button it had a mssg that said “Update has been downloaded”..I was like “please no!!!please don’t have auto-updated”…luckily it just dl’ed it instead of installing. So I went to the dl bubble and hit cancel and it deleted the 3.10 update from my Vita. Thank the Maker!

TN-V8 FTW!!!

17. megav says:

Okay, let me make sure of something. I’m on 3.01 or whatever and I have the King of Pool exploit. And if I update, I assume I won’t be able to use this exploit anymore, right? Sorry, I’m dumb, I dunno how these things work 😛

18. madruss94 says:

lol, thank god i just got Final Fantasy X / X-2 before the store went down, phew!!!

19. zsld0423 says:

Glad I at least got FF X-2 off the store before this happened

20. dragonsdogma says:

I might as well update, I missed every single exploit

21. solidsnake says:

Why are they always adding some sort of social networking feature that no one wants! The Psvita is not a phone or pad. Its for playing games with your friends not texting or voicing your friends! I could think of a billion little improvements besides social media. Are we as a species so easily controllable?

22. HunterX says:

I have 3.01 and I download the monster hunter united USA. wanted to know if I can use TN-V with my ps vita fw3.01 with MHU?

23. Freezer says:

Damn.., I knew it. With Borderlands 2 ps vita coming up & the massive 1.2 Terraria update slowly rolling out, not to mention FEZ, Minecraft & Isaac rebirth, Sony just had to screw up SOMETHING again. 😀 unfortunately one can not have everything, now to update or not to update, thats the question.. Plus I don’t think I’ll survive long without Killzone having multiplayer.. My brain is gonna explodeee

• franz says:

Yah mee too killzone merc online just blows every psp games away best fps shooter vs free psp games guys could tell u u could buy a psp but how about the second analog plus some psp games arent on psn birth by sleep, crisis core etc while terrible psp games are their ***?

24. decookaaron says:

Today my vita was acting weird my update wasnt mandatory. I didnt update and was still able to go to the PSN Store and tue norm. But this tuime i chose to update it since i dont use any exploits since i still have my PSP 1001 with dual joustick mod. But i did find it weird it didnt self update or forced it self on my vita when i was connected. Anyone else seen this on their vita?

25. Anton says:

If I have king of pool, would VHBL or another non TN-V loader work on 3.10?

26. Monty says:

Do persona exploit still work on updated firmware

27. Tyler Tizard says:

Well, still no sight of Minecraft Vita so it looks like I’ll be staying on 3.01 with TN-V! I’m excited to see future exploits on this new Firmware.

28. veelk says:

Does it add a UMD drive on the back?
    Does it allow Video output through the charger port or mystery port?
    Does it allow lower brightness than minimum?
    Does it allow less saturated colors so I don’t go insane playing old games on OLED cause they look painfully colorful?
    Any limited time FREE downloads to whoever updates?

29. CyKo says:

Can anybody post a link for the tutorial to buy games in PSN, without updating the vita?

30. Alex says:

It’s for that I have now 2 Ps Vita lol

31. omgscared says:

Oh god…Can I still remote play without updating?

32. Armando says:

Charles Proxy works! I’m using 3.01 and I just downloaded Destiny of Spirits and the conception 2 demo.

• sam2u22000 says:

armondo how are you getting this to work mine keeps saying update software is there a video tutorial on youtube or something?

33. Armando says:

EDIT:
    I forgot the link to where I found the tut, there yah go!

34. Claudio says:

I got Pèrsona 2 Xploit.. so if I update… bye bye TN-V…am I right..??
    The only reason I bought PSVITA is for playing FFX -X2…so this is my question… Can i Download X2 via PS3 and transfer it to my PSVita without update..????

Just tell me that i can and i’ll be happy… 🙂 ( or crush my dreams..haha )

35. Madziontist says:

I have OpenCMA installed, and it keep prompting me to update? Anybody else have this issue, or know the solution?

• Dockotis says:

Completely turn off Wi-Fi, then completely turn off your vita, verify OpenCMA is installed (turn off your computer’s interwebz if need be for what’s next) then start your vita (should be in airplane mode) connect to OCMA (should spoof firmware authentication as usual) and once it’s in, your good to go… That’s how I do it with no failures or updating!

• gunblade says:

Yea think if Ur live screen updated. Solution Pretty easy.

36. h2oPSV says:

this update bricks 32gb sticks to an unrepairable state. sony is aware of the problem. lol.

37. h2oPSV says:

i lost some save data but now gamestop is trying to resale a bricked memory card i got a new one free 🙂

38. Ark says:

It looks like Sony took some 32GB memory cards as an exploit too, it seems…

• gunblade says:

Well technily in the early firmware 32 was the limit think in 180 Sony add the patch to upgrade the memory cards to 64 not sure tough jus read about it.

39. Kokumotsu says:

im having problems getting OCMA working now. its saying i need to update. i have vita in airplane mode, internet off on PC and i just reinstalled OCMA> what gives?

40. maicom says:

my ps vita when I plug it in when I cma transeri the game asks to update my psvita if not put it exits the menu .. I need steel puts other games