Minimur12, WTH Happened This Week? MGS V Next Gen Comparison, Upcoming PS4 Game Reveals Leaked, And Cranky Kong Takes Over Twitter!

Hey, there’s plenty of entertaining news for you to lay your eyes on this week. including news about Gran Turismo 7, Driveclub, oh, and apparently the FF 7 HD Remake is happening!

italkgame mentioned this earlier today in his Borderlands article, but in case you missed it: there’s been a comparison between the PC and PS Vita version of Borderlands 2, and I’ll let the photo do the talking, but it’s no doubt what the outcome will be anyway:

Even so, it still looks good for a game on a screen with a 950×544 resolution, in any case, I won’t be picking it up being as I got it or free on PS Plus, and couldn’t really get into it to be honest. But anyway, will you be picking it up?

Next up, is something Konami have put out their website comparing each console, next gen and current, so here it is:

This is one of the many games that also joins the resolution gate group, it’s 1080p/60FPS on PS4, and 720p/60fps on Xbox One, along with the usual 720/30 on PS3 and 360.

There’s no denying though, it looks great on all consoles, so even though the PS4 version is a bit better, it’s not worth kicking up a fuss about it.

So, here comes news from the one and only Ashad Rasheed/ AKA Thuway, he’s been in the spotlight recently because of his Sony leaks, and he hasn’t been short of them that’s for sure.

Here’s a few of his tweets:

The Last Guardian?!?

So judging by Thuway, he suspects that there’s going to be a GT7 prologue, along with the re-introduction of The Last Guardian… and I wonder why Uncharted 4 is on there twice…. will there be a PS3 version as well, I’m not sure, but in any case, I’m pretty excited about the game, who isn’t ?!?

So let’s talk about Cranky Kong taking over twitter, well he was given the reigns of Nintendo of America’s twitter account and after  few fumbles, he now knows how to make memes, knows how to tweet, and everything! I’m so proud!

This was the outcome:

‘I am up to date with the hottest internet trends’ His accompanying tweet reads

And we finally get there!   Take a look at the other tweets Cranky sent out on their twitter page here. Some of them game me a giggle :)

Let’s talk about the much wanted Final Fantasy 7 re-make, according to Verendus, NeoGaffer who is supposedly very trustworthy, so much so that when an article was put up mentioning the FF 7 game director commenting on it, a commenter said ‘where’s Verendus? ‘ Verendus replied with this:

It’s happening. He’s obviously not going to give any indication as such though so it hardly matters until they’re ready to announce something. His comments make sense. It’s a huge project that will take a lot of effort, and demand a lot from him personally, in order to ensure the end result is something satisfactory.

It’s happening.    I’s no surprise that they’re not ready to announce it, It will be a very long time before we hear anything about it anyway being as for this game, you can’t simply update the models, the majority of assets will need to be completely re-done, and knowing Square Enix they’ll definitely want to play around with the soundtrack, like they did in FF X|X-2 HD remaster.   But still, I can’t wait to hear more about this, and will keep my ear/eyes out for anything more of this and keep you lot updated!

Oh my goodness, what’s this? Even more inFamous Second Son footage?  Yep. but this time it’s night-time, and the neon colour when it’s dark looks absolutely beautiful!

You can watch a higher quality version of the video here, but I put the above in for the lazy :)

We’ve also got a new Deep Down trailer, I’d like to know when this game is coming out, if anyone has heard a rumor about  what quarter and what year, it would be much appreciated!

Tony Hawk has also announced that he’s got a new game in the works, while talking about the original games on his radio show, he said ‘We’re working on a game, we are working on a game, it’s pretty cool.’

After which, his co-host, referring to motion capture said ‘It’s a whole suit you have to put on.’ Judging by the latter comment I really hope this isn’t something you have to put on, and was talking about Tony Hawk doing mo-cap for the game, everyone knows, peripherals that you need to play a game for, like Band hero or even the previous Tony Hawk games, where you had to have a skateboard to play, are a joke.

I want an original, controller only, Tony Hawks game :)

Weekly blog round-up

We had plenty of blogs up for you to read this week, from The Orders breathtaking cinematic gameplay, to a giveaway of game exploits.

Reddit Time!

Well first of all, let me show you my awesome laptop and locker stickers:

#
I got all the stickers from redbubble.com apart from the Rockstar, Wololo, Naughty Dog, and Razer.
Amuse me, name them all :)

1. Carlos’s avatar

IDK, that new Deep Down trailer kinda left me with a meh feel for it. And I was pretty damn interested with the older teasers. Doesn’t look as dark an eerie as it did before.

2. BahamutBBob’s avatar

I quite enjoyed the Rock Band games, even with all of the problems I had with faulty peripherals.

I will be very excited if/when the FF7 remake is officially official. Unless it’s iOS/Android only like the FF5/6 remakes -_-

1. Minimur12’s avatar

Oh no! Don’t you dare even think about that!

Don’t get me wrong, I love Guitar Hero on my PS2&3, but once you’ve finished playing with it, the guitar is just going to be sitting there doing nothing, collecting dust.

1. Thrawn’s avatar

U Draw tablet anyone? XD

Got another one for ya:
        BALANCE BOARD! HAH Take that.

1. Minimur12’s avatar

Udraw tablet, haha

but to be fair, the Wii fit board (if thats what you’re talking about with the balance board) took off pretty well, I certainly know quite a few people with them, so that was reasonably successful, but Udraw?

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Yeah I meant the wii board.

You know, the udraw was successful on the wii but when they released it on the ps3 it took a dive and took THQ with it XD.
            Since then they never surfaced again.

3. Acid_Snake’s avatar

Ground Zeroes, and MGSV in general, is gonna suck, this sums up what the series has turned into: pew, pew, bang, bang, kaboom. They should rename it to Metal Theft Hunter V: The Phantom Ops Declassified.

1. APC’s avatar

You should definately leave your opinion aside. It’s the internet, you could as well shove it down your arse. The MG franchise might have taken a different path in MGS4 , but you are still judging a game that hasn´t been released yet. Yeah, probably it wont be a Stealth Action game as they call it, but it might as well be a great game. Give things a chance, people like you are the rewason why the internet and the world itself has become a huge pile of crap.

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

I don’t need to play the game to come to a conclusion, anyone with half a brain, something you blind fanboys don’t have, can see how freaking deviated MGS5 is, and although it started with MGS4, that game still had a Metal Gear feel, it was with Peace Walker where it started definitely lost its Metal Gear identity to become yet another shooter.
        - No health bar or hud, but rather regenerating health, does that sound familiar? that’s right: Call Of Duty.
        - Open World, because every fucking game in this generation has to be Open World, there can’t be any diversity, no: Open World.
        - Same lame ass cast of characters that NOBODY liked from Peace Walker.
        - Lets copy-cat Splinter Cell instead of us being the ones to set the canon in stealth games.
        - Big Boss now being called Punished Snake = lets continue to throw the game’s main theme down the players throat instead of doing it subtlety like in MGS2 and allowing them to draw their own conclusions.
        ALL of this can be seen in just the trailers, no need to play the game to come to this conclusion. Although tbh, it does seem TPP at least tries to go back to the roots, just adding Open World (which I still don’t like, it doesn’t fit a Metal Gear game), Ground Zeroes is otherwise crappier and shouldn’t be sold at 40€ on next gen when the difference is barely minimal, 30€ maybe. And let’s not forget that GZ is still a glorified demo being sold separately when it shouldn’t. Was the Tanker Mission of MGS2 and Virtuous Mission of MGS3 sold separately? NO, it was part of the same package, this itself proves how Metal Gear has turned into a milk cow rather than a game being passionately made by its creators.

1. Amnos Adikos’s avatar

There’s a reason Acid Snake doesn’t exist in the MGS series, there you have it! :P

Relax,man! And if you don’t like the game – just imagine Metal Gear ended with MGS3!

You don’t have to play a game you don’t like – just because you hate open world or whatever doesn’t mean everyone else is supposed to as well.

I understand that games are changing, but you need to keep in mind that the gaming industry is a business – look at how fucked up Resident Evil got – In my head, Resident Evil 3 was the last real thing – everything else is just a bad dream, but that’s just me so I don’t explode about it.

Anyways, if you don’t like the game – just don’t play it, or better yet, please make your own Metal Gear game and share it with the world.

Because while you’re complaining about how much the new MGS is gonna suck, guess who’s counting those dollars raining into his bank account! ;)

2. Carlos’s avatar

While MGS IV did indeed shift drastically in playstyle you cannot honestly say Kojima didn’t deliver in terms of content, story, and usual mindfrak like the previous entries. Which to me are far more important than its gameplay (which was still good).

And if the Red Ban trailer is any indication, this will likely be the darkest, grittiest, most satirical entry yet.

It feels as if you allowed your annoyance for a change of gameplay to overshadow the series’s other major components.

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

it’s not MGS 4 that makes me think this, yes it had its flaws, but it still had that Metal Gear feel. It’s Peace Walker that’s a total disgrace.

4. Pirate Cat’s avatar

Minor correction, according to GS it’s actually an unknown resolution being upscaled on the PS3/360.

5. asd’s avatar

Dose any news about vita hardware hacking coming out?