PS Vita Slim Is Coming To North America!

PS-Vita-2000-Head-on

Sony has officially announced the new PS Vita model (PCH-2000) for North America! But there is a catch.

Now we know for sure that the PS Vita Slim is coming to North America. On the PlayStation Blog, where this was announced, the post read that you would be able to get the PS Vita Slim in a bundle including the first-person role-playing shooter Borderlands 2 with 6 DLC packs and an 8GB PS Vita memory card for the great price of 199.99 MSRP. The one thing that I wanted to really know wasn’t released, a date. I’m pretty sure that one will come soon though.

PS-Vita-2000-Bundle

The thing is, if you read the post to quickly, you would not realize that currently, the only to get the PS Vita slim is through the bundle. I guess this would be a problem for people who don’t want Borderlands 2, but really, who doesn’t want Borderlands 2? After this, they continue on talking about all of the things we know about already. For those that don’t know, the slim model is 20-percent slimmer, 15-percent lighter, features an LCD screen and has a longer battery life than the previous model.

Some more of the things that were announced where what the DLC packs are. Here are the names: Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, Psycho Character Class, Mechromancer Character Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1 and the Collector’s Edition Pack. John Koller, VP of Marketing – Home Consoles and Handheld Platforms SCEA, also went on to state that Minecraft, Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, God of War Collection and The Walking Dead Season 2 are all coming to the PS Vita this year. Next, he said that PlayStation is looking forward to release more for the Vita this year, aligning quite nicely with this.

PS-Vita-2000-Angle

What we were expecting is here now, PS Vita slim for North America. Let me know in the comments if you are getting one, and if not why. Well, that’s all for now from me, The Jay Doctor. If you want to, follow me on Twitter @The_Jay_Doctor.

Source: PlayStation Blog

1. Trevor’s avatar

This is Sh*t!…The oled Graphics much better!

1. DQEight’s avatar

After comparing my Galaxy Nexus(Amoled) to my Optimus G(lcd)
      The colors are so much better in the amoled…

2. beastes’s avatar

the vita slim work with tnv kop or megamix ?

3. HarmfulMushroom’s avatar

I knew I should’ve waited, if for nothing else than just to be able to get Borderlands 2… But then I would’ve missed out on TN-V so I guess I can’t really complain.

4. Dark GOD’s avatar

Had no doubt it would..
    Sony always releases there revised systems worldwide.
    The design may be an improvement some.
    But the changes are not impressive enough.
    And most owners of the Oled Vita will never upgrade to this new one.

5. nevercall’s avatar

waiting for PsVita 3000… :D
    + OLED
    + Micro USB PORT
    + internal Storage
    + mini HDMI port
    + memorycard
    + flash support
    + what else…

i don’t care about the price, just make it flawless
    oh well… wishful thinking.. :D

1. angeliv’s avatar

i need PSVita2 (codename PSP3)

1. mixedfish’s avatar

Very cheap, if you didn’t want the game and memory card, sell them and your total expenditure will be closer to $150 for the system.

1. mixedfish’s avatar

^not intended to reply, sorry.

2. angeliv’s avatar

+ 3D capable
        + OLED/LCD with Triluminos tech
        + R2/L2 shoulder button
        + R3/L3 analog stick button
        + Sandbox for homebrewers

1. ryanbro33’s avatar

unless you want a vita the size of a laptop, or you want the battery to last all of 5 seconds, that will never happen

2. aerinas’s avatar

Flash support? I wish people would just let flash die like the piece of shit it is……

1. nevercall’s avatar

im not a techie… but all i really want is that my psvita can videos on any website like anime sites.. youtube etc….

and i thought those players are running with flash… am i wrong?

1. xPreatorianx’s avatar

Um, you can watch anime via streaming sites on PS Vita. I know for a fact because I saved two of them.

Here they are : http://www.animebox.tv/full-anime-list/

Those work on PS Vita’s browser.

Also Vita does work with youtube as well. So WTF are you guys talking about? Both in the browser and using the official youtube app.

WOW!!!

1. nevercall’s avatar

gogoanime.com to be specific
            and everything else..

WOW! such doge.

3. SsJVasto’s avatar

Memorycard: Not in Sony’s interest to use a cheap hackable storage media. The PSVita memory cards have build-in encryption mechanics you don’t have in standard flash cards. You’d lose RAM and CPU while constantly encrypting/unencrypting. I don’t think Sony will be releasing a Memory Card that makes editing SaveFiles and Game Content as easily as it was on PSP.

Flash: Welcome to the world after 2004. Flash is dead, move on. I haven’t even had Flash installed on my PC for the past year. It’s just not a necessity at all.

1. xPreatorianx’s avatar

SsJVasto – Um I still use Flash for a lot of things. It’s still required on numerous sites as far as I’m aware. So how on earth you’ve managed to avoid even installing flash is beyond me. Unless most sites you visit allow HTML5 as well? Not sure… But I’m almost certain all the sites I always go to including youtube require me to install Flash. But I could be wrong. But Flash doesn’t bother me at all so I have no reason to even test my sites without it.

2. Deathhell’s avatar

if u use google chrome as a web browser, so sorry to say that google chrome has built in flash player

4. xPreatorianx’s avatar

What do you mean by flash support? Doesn’t Vita already have flash support? Or does it use HTML5 or something for youtube, etc?

As some anime streaming sites work with the Vita browser and so does Youtube. You don’t even have to use the youtube app for youtube vids.

Here are two anime streaming sites I know that work with the Vita. http://www.animebox.tv/full-anime-list/

5. KCO’s avatar

Me too, 2 generation no is the best.

6. Thrawn’s avatar

Well, the bundle is not bad, bl 2 + 2 full dlc + 8gb sony (m2)psvita memory for ~200$ is good.

Hmm actually I won’t be getting this, I just got rid of my vitas which was not so easy.

I will consider a buy when the vita slim and bright or vita street or whatever it is called by then, surfaces with µSD support!!!!

7. Goku’s avatar

Does it really matters?? OLED is much better then this version.

8. NeonAera’s avatar

Big Original PSVita ftw! :)

9. Ourobus’s avatar

I’m actually going to get this pack more than likely, oled may look better, but they waaaaay to prone to burn-in, I take really good care of my stuff, taking every precaution to avoid burn-in on any of my devices and my vita STILL managed to get a black line down its screen on the right hand side. I for one will never buy anything with an oled screen agin, it isn’t worth the investment.

10. Charles Fasano’s avatar

I want a bigger Vita. Current Vita is too small for my hands. I really can’t wait for Borderlands 2 for Vita. I have gotten all the Trophies/Achievements for the Steam, 360 and PS3 versions of the game.

I just hope that if they use the rear touch panel they do it right as current games don’t work right with the rear touch panel unless I hold the Vita in a really uncomfortable position.

11. Razzy’s avatar

Hahahahahah… Usual Sony pricing. UK (European too, maybe, dunno) barebones release – GBP 180 ($295). US bundle with memory card, brand new released game and dlc – $199. Fuck you, Sony.

cya
    Raziel-chan

12. Rizwan Parvez’s avatar

Hey Guys I got a quick question is The PS Vita Original Compatible with 64 GB memory card

1. DR460N’s avatar

I bought a 64GB online from Japan, works great

13. BahamutBBob’s avatar

That bundle is missing the Hammerlock and Tiny Tina DLCs! D:

I hope the game comes bundled with the same DLC that the system bundle does.

14. reprep’s avatar

now i am convinced vita tv isn’t coming to states or europe.

they would have at least hinted about it, if they had planned an international release.

1. sathriel’s avatar

At least it isn’t coming anytime soon.

15. XKlipz’s avatar

Where’s Borderlands 2? It better be released the same day the PS Vita (S) bundle hits stores in North America.

16. xploit everywhere’s avatar

Oled display more quality than lcd display. although the new psvita is chipest

17. Riddle43’s avatar

in case you all were wondering final fantasy x/x2 will be out at game stop march 18 ive had mine pre ordered since nov i cant wait

18. MadZiontist’s avatar

I won’t be buying a 2000, unless I ever HAVE to for some reason. In fact I plan on buying another 1000 as soon as I have the extra cash for one. The LCD just looks really bad compared to the OLED (based on the comparison shots I’ve seen).

Burn in shouldn’t be a problem with the PSV OLED model, as long as things are being handled properly (don’t turn the brightness up higher than necessary, don’t leave a HUD on the screen for extended periods of time, and don’t feed it after midnight).

Oh, and I wonder if this Vita 2000 will have extra security measures built into it.?

19. tryrush deppy’s avatar

I’ll definitely buy a slim vita… just not sure if it will be this bundle or a different one (if released) or a core unit only (when released), simply because I enjoy tn-v so much. my analog stick and screen (and battery cover for that matter) on my PSP are beyond fucked up and make playing games on it a real annoyance. I have enough PSP iso and PSI eboot back-ups plus ‘up to date’ Vita games that I really like and will play through tons of times, to where I won’t need to upgrade past 3.01 fw. So, if the future of Vita does become enticing enough, I will buy the unit again. Not sure I’ll buy the phat again cuz of the price.

On a side note, I wonder if the slim will effect price of used phat vistas? driving up the price beyond initial launch price just for a oiled screen?

1. tryrush deppy’s avatar

oled, not oiled. (goddamned auto word correcting bs.)

20. mma jedi’s avatar

I’ll buy a Vita slim mainly for Playstation Now, as to keep TN on my Vita 1101. Also I’ll play two player with my kids once I get a new one. And imo, Lcd is just as good as oled..not better, just as good.

21. Big_Cock_Surprise’s avatar

The vita slim has 1gb of internal storage

22. kast1x’s avatar

i’ll be getting one since i already have wi-fi/3g black stock and assassin creed white wifi with TN-V6 and the japan lime green vita