PS Vita & the mystery of the vanishing game icons

You may also like...

1. Hazer7 says:

That explains the problems I had in the past.

2. Nazar_Ops says:

I Think I had a similar problem before. When a game crashed, I closed the game and Went back to live area, and everything was gone. But then I restarted my VITA and Everything showed up.

3. tinostar91 says:

I think you were little bit dramatizing some parts of article even when it wasn’t needed at all (like if something horrible happened) and also forgot 1 thing on 1st solution, what’s the point of redownloading completely everything and letting that old content still be on memory card and occupying space when you can firstly format your memory card and after that start downloading

• italkgame says:

If you format the memory card you also erase all the save data like I explained in the article. For some games lets say an rug where you have put on 40+ hours losing all your progress can set a lot of people of to play the game again. For example I am still playing rainbow moon and wouldn’t want to start all over again. Of course something horrible is are relative we are talking about games after all.

4. italkgame says:

I initially hoped a restart would fix the problem for me. But it didn’t. The Rebuild Database feature is probably exists exactly for this type of situation.

5. coffincolors says:

I haven’t encountered that yet but great article, I’m sure it will help a lot of people out!

6. ReyxDD says:

My friend had this problem for over a year. he didn’t really care much because the icons that didn’t appear where from games he already platinum’d. He recently bought an 8gb memory card and when he switched back to his old one all the missing icons appared. I assume this happened because every time you switch memory cards the Vita rebuilds its database automatically. Thanks for this article! now I know what to do if this happens to me.

7. Abdou005 says:

I was having this problem too and i solve just by ” removing the memory card and put it back ” :D

8. cenote says:

Will rebuilding the database delete the PSV browser bookmarks?

9. Luke says:

Professor Layton does it again. Good work professor.

10. Pirate Cat says:

This is why Sony is moronic for not having a ‘game’ icon that lets you play whatever cart is in the system and for tying saves to the icon -_-’.