[Release] SED port for PC

Hey everyone! It’s been a long time since I last posted but that’s because I’ve been busy with life. This morning, being free for the first time in almost a month, I decided to work on some code so I decided to make a proper program to encrypt/decrypt PSP savedata. This is much simpler than the JPCSP/PPSSPP hack (which only decrypted savedata). Despite previous failed attempts, this time it worked! So here’s the release!

SED PC

It’s fairly simple to use this tool.

Usage: sed -e [Input File] [PARAM.SFO] [Output File] [Game Key File]

sed -d [Input File] [Output File] [Game Key File]

Where :

‘-e’ tells it to encrypt, ‘-d’ to decrypt.

[Input File] is the file to encrypt or decrypt

[Output File] is the name of the file to save to

[PARAM.SFO] is the location of the PARAM.SFO file whose hashes should be updated (Not really updated yet)

[Game Key File] is the full path to the file which has the game key

Download Link

The (extremely) untidy source code can be found at GitHub

Credits go to the team behind libkirk and to the PPSSPP team for the sceChnnlsv implementation, these two libraries made my work easy.

Tags: , , ,

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

Lol, not yet. I’ve still got a few more things to finish up before that tutorial needs an update ;)

I’m not sure if the DL link here is for the latest build and because github would be an easier place to update without the links here breaking, can you please change the dl link to https://github.com/hgoel0974/SED-PC/releases ?

Also, I renamed the program to SED-PC because I totally forgot that there’s already an SED on linux.

1. titegtnodI’s avatar

My first thought was “wtf, sed’s not new”.

2. DS_Marine’s avatar

+6 great app HGoel

1. ivo’s avatar

happy happy joy joy +10
    now just a howto coming from store
    till exploited save

2. warfaren’s avatar

Nice release but maybe you should consider another name, as it’s command line and conflicts with a very common also command line tool on any *NIX system. Would make it less confusing for anyone using this program on such system.

1. Archaemic’s avatar

Seconding this. A name like psp-sed would be preferable to a name that is an existing command line tool that basically all *nix computers have.

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

just rename the binary, it’s that simple

3. Mathew_Wi’s avatar

Right after I finish working on exploits. Figures.

4. Hykem’s avatar

Nice work.
    It’s great to see a port of the SAVEDATA algorithm to a PC application.
    Just a small note, a couple weeks ago I’ve added the ability to dynamically decrypt and re-encrypt SAVEDATA to JPCSP (r3432), as well as an option to dump the emulated game’s SAVEDATA key.
    Combining game emulation and SAVEDATA re-encryption should greatly help finding potential exploits (for Vita and what not).
    Also, there’s still a portion of the algorithm missing in the PARAM.SFO hashing process.
    Right now, JPCSP and PPSSPP aren’t able to re-encrypt data into mode 0×41 (both emulators and SED for PC generate SAVEDATA with modes 0×01 or 0×21).
    I don’t know if this is tested by the Vita’s PSP emulator, but it should be worth checking out.

5. Skars’s avatar

I wish I could pay $400 in PS4. Here the price for the PS4 is $1657 USD.

With this money I could buy four PS4s and some game.
    Shit government here…

1. bakedonsomesour’s avatar

try ebay to buy your ps4 shipping from us shouldnt cost that much

1. fatman01923’s avatar

If I am not mistaking that price sounds like he lives in Brazil or something. Those taxes on imports are ridiculous there as many Brazilians say and report for the cost of most foreign goods. Sorry if I got your nationality wrong though.

2. lolwut’s avatar

if my goverment is an ass, i would definitely buy one from black market.

6. ivo’s avatar

compile the sed-pc or sed-psp or the sed working …
    compile it whole to a library for apache libraries
    and make me a php-sed :)
    or even a php-ps3savetool
    make it so it can compile with my toolchain in phpsh.php
    thats a terminal for php
    so i can build exploits and saves from my browser lol
    cheers

7. bakedonsomesour’s avatar

United states*

8. Epoke’s avatar

Awesome..

9. NeonAera’s avatar

:D Does this mean that I can finally use my old Final Fantasy Tactics savegame files on my PVita with eCFW without having to start all over because of encryption issues?

1. SMOKE’s avatar

No. This tool is for decrypting PSP saves for finding exploits.

10. ivo’s avatar

then move on to ur localhost apache webserver or other
    and make a cms install
    and make a page that runs a command
    phpSH.php the name of the php script that runs path commands
    the name of the page is the command name
    so
    localhost/drupal/CMD.exe for windows
    localhost/drupal/sh for linux
    etc

more commands here

in phpsh script automacro eatch command
    and then add them to ur path and cms

could u run ur commands as pages or shellscripts ?
    whats ur code of this oddity.
    cheers

11. hgoel0974’s avatar

SED-PC now supports Linux as well! Thanks to codestation! :D
    Linux users, grab the source code and type make in the source directory to build.

12. grief3r’s avatar

is this open source?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

yes. read carefully, the github link is up there.

1. grief3r’s avatar

how do the algorithms for encrypt/decrypt work btw?

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

they use sceChnnlsv and the psp’s kirk engine. In this port,I just use the kirk-engine library and stuff from PPSSPP to simulate the same environment

13. ivo’s avatar

thanks for the heads up
    can only look at it next weekend
    as the weekend ends
    and i have to go again

what about a howto with all the different uses
    and hacks patches cracks for sed and more ?
    or a sed faq on popular hacks

headsup
    cheers

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

I’m not sure you understand what this is. It’s a savedata encrypter / decrypter, so there can’t really be a popular hack for it or maybe I just don’t understand what you’re trying to say.

1. gunblade’s avatar

Think person. like u talk about more hacks and more about save encrytion decryption…

14. ivo’s avatar

pspPathgenerator
    for windows and linux and maybe mac ?

what it does is install on ur windows/linux/mac
    and creates an eboot containing
    all exectuables in a systems path
    BIN2O BIN2C BIN2PRX BIN2PATH2EBOOT
    bached converted for psp
    and thus generating an eboot for psp
    with terminal interface and keyboard options

like an android as psp keyboard
    or other devices interactivity

1. matt123337’s avatar

You reallyyyyy have no idea what this is for.

1. Mathew_Wi’s avatar

lol rude

2. gunblade’s avatar

sound cool… Would think to work with a psp go with it’s bluethooth.

15. tokia’s avatar

SED? use for??

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

encrypting/decrypting PSP savedata

1. gunblade’s avatar

Ooh so it’s S.E.D save encrpyte decrypt coool.

16. Guardian’s avatar

Wow, wow, wow, let me get this straight. You say you code and yet you have a life to take care of? How the hell did you do that, it is impressive, your tool is also awesome.

1. gunblade’s avatar

Talented… Right..

17. Lisandra’s avatar

A few questions
    1)Does this support re-encrypting saves
    2)Can I use a save that I’ve edited (assuming I know what’s editable in said save that won’t cause the game to ignore it) on an actual device, such as the Vita

18. Sam’s avatar

Can’t run it, says I’m missing msvcr110d.dll

19. nero’s avatar

I am having some trouble using this. It will not let me decrypt my save. It keeps telling me “Unknown command”..