This week besides what I’ve written in the title, we’ve got news on January’s free games for the US, and might I say, they’re amazing! along with news on an exciting announcement from nDreams. and Alot, lot more! Come check it out!
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any vita game announcements this week, I believe this is the first week I’ve had no Vita games announced to let you know about. Not even the guys on the official Vita game thread on /talk could find anything. Ah well, such a shame!
How about a story? Yes, let’s have a story.
I got a new laptop on boxing day, so after buying it an signing into my brothers steam account to download a few games, he told me to download ‘The Stanley Parable’ well at first I was like ‘wtf is that?’ but after he forced me to sit down at my computer (that part wasn’t hard) and play it… I really enjoyed it. It’s a great game and it’s indie so it wouldn’t be too taxing on your PC. I highly recommend it, it’s great fun and made me laugh multiple times.
That’s a nice story. I’m sure you are all very interested. /s
Let’s move on to news now as I’m sure you’re all tired of me rambling on about my new laptop ( I gotta new laptop I did) and talk about the PS Vita, it seems that the PS Vita sales have shot up since the release of the PS4. And sales have gone up for the device an amazing 68% on the first week, and 65% in the week after, this information comes from industry magazine MCV.
Ben Law of Sony had a few words to say:
PS Vita sales wise we are continuing to see strong week-on-week growth since our latest campaign kicked in.
We’ve already seen amazing feedback from PS4 owners on the Remote Play feature, and the success of Tearaway highlights what a great proposition PS Vita is, either as a standalone device or as the perfect companion to PS4.
Let’s talk about the newly released Gran Turismo 6, now you’ll agree that the cars look beautiful in this game and the same can be said about the tracks. But there’s just one tinkering issue all racing/sports games have had with something…. Crowds. That’s right. Now they aren’t as bad as Fifa where they’re 2d, just simply extremely low poly models that look embarassing
Notice how he’s just a mirror image of himself?
Okay, maybe some 2d, strange fuzzy people
Have a look at a few more pics in the gallery at gameranx here, it’s pretty funny.
I hope this is a trend that stops in the new generation, I’m aware fifa have now got fully 3d models (that look half decent) so credit to them, but even ‘next gen’ racer forza 5 uses 2d models that weirdly twist so you can always see the front of them in the camera, take a look, it’s hilarious:
Let’s move onto the January PS Plus updates, and boy have the US got a decent update this month, EU has it pretty decent also and has a better month PS Vita wise but I’d rather have the american update, that’s for sure.
For the month of January the US region get these games for their PS3:
Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons
Worms: Battle Islands
And the comprised a video showing what games are in the IGC (Instant Games Collection) in January, here it is:
As always, the trailer is accompanied my an awesome song:
And now the EU regions IGC, we’ve got:
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend.
And here’s the sum up video PlayStation Access put together:
As the video states, the January PS Plus games are avaliable from 24th december, which means you can download them now! Enjoy! (I’m not sure if US region games are avaliable to download now, just the EU
so guys, what would you prefer? Borderlands 2 or Bioshock Infinite?
Here’s something interesting, the official Playstation went barmy earlier in the week and posted a photo of a stream playing the playroom, and it seemed that they werent really playing the playroom, just having a party. There were a few flattering comments also on the stream photo they posted:
Something else rather funny happened over the streams. And a couple actually fell asleep while streaming, yup that’s right. Here’s a photo:
So let’s get this straight, there were 240 people watching 2 people sleep? it’s nice to know that it’s not actually Microsoft that we need to worry about spying on us, it’s actually PlayStation live streams where when you fall asleep you get 240 people watching you. It was also registered that there was over 3000 comments on the stream. Excellent.
So in the opening paragraph I spoke about an announcement from nDreams development team, well it turns out that they are developing a PS4 exclusive title and supplied this statement:
I’m delighted to be able to officially announce that we are working on a PlayStation 4 title, which will launch in 2014. More details will follow next year, but it’s the most ambitious game we have ever created, and we can’t wait to reveal more about it – it’s going to be something truly special.
nDreams are the largest publisher for PS Home, releasing content for it weekly, meanwhile their latest game ‘Frontier Frenzy’ is an iOS game, take a look at a screenshot of the game, below.
Weekly blog round-up
A fair bit on the blog this week and if you haven’t read them there’s some great reads in there, check it out if you got the time:
- Unstoppable: Total_Noob releases 7th version of his TN-V eCFW! - Wow, well TN is unstoppable releasing his 7th revision of his eCFW.
- 7 Days of Metal Gear, Day 7: MGS4, Peace Walker and the future - Acid_Snake talks about two of the metal gear games and what he hopes for the future of the series.
- Merry Christmas! King of Pool got pulled from the PSN - Well as if by magic, King of Pool has dissapeared from PSN and unfortunately anyone hoping to acquire TN-V now is out of luck.
- EU PSN Gets Excellent ‘January Sale’ With Huge Discounts! - I let you all know about a massive sale going on for the EU region.
- 7 Days of Metal Gear, Day 6: Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - Another entry of Acid_Snake’s metal gear article series, this
- Off-Topic: New iOS 7.x Jailbreak available – Supports newest iDevices! - For all of those that updated and unknowingly lost your jailbreak, you’re in luck!
- Release: TN-V6 for the Ben 10 AFVA exploit (PS Vita 3.01) - It’s finally here! TN-V for PS Vita, I remember it felt ages away when the blog mentioned ‘after the ps4 release’ but it seems like it went pretty fast, I’ve got my PS4, and my TN-V-ified Vita
- 7 Days of Metal Gear, Day 5: Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater- Another of Acid_Snakes 7 days of Metal Gear articles, click on it if you haven’t read it
- Yifan Lu dives deep into hardware analysis of the PS Vita - Yifanlu is trying his hand at hacking the Vita, it’s been out for nearly 2 years now and we’ve got next to nothing native avaliable publicly
Would someone please mind translating this? But anyway, this street fighter art is awesome!
This may not technically be on reddit but it was a link there so I guess it counts, it’s an indiegogo campaign at the moment and it seems like a prettty advanced bit of tech, real-time face tracking for any webcam, let’s take a look:
And here’s the latest Epic Rap Battles of History, it may not be on reddit but it’s awesome!