Total_Noob releases the 5th revision of his TN-V eCFW!

Even though Total_Noob just released TN-V4 and various fixes for his eCFW, he just released a 5th revision of his TN-V eCFW, which now adds some new neat features. Which features exactly? Well, how about we take a look at the fancy changelog.

The changelog of TN-V5

* Added ‘Plugins installer’ to recovery menu (Plugins -> Plugins installer ->).
* Added option to hide non-working items in XMB (these items will be hidden: Character Set, UMD Auto-Start, USB Auto Connect, Format Memory Stick, Power Save Settings, Network Settings and Remote Play).
* Added option to hide the volume bar in the home menu.
* Fixed bug that made some ISO’s showing as corrupt.
* Fixed plugin loading crash.
* Fixed autorun feature (also corrected its filename in recovery menu).
* Fixed the sleep-timer in music player. It’s cool, because the Vita’s music player doesn’t have this feature.
* Improved ‘Install Addon’ feature. Kxploit’ed homebrews, aka 1.50 homebrews can now be installed correctly.
ZIP’s which do not contain EBOOT.PBP don’t create corrupt icons anymore.
* Improved system stability. Hopefully there are no issues with FTP app and no blue screen of death anymore.
* Renamed ‘Hide CFW folders’ to ‘Allow anti-CFW games’. People who play DJMAX game should enable this.

Wow! This huge changelog surely looks fantastic! If you are already running TN-V4, just boot into the XMB, go to Settings -> System Update and then just update via network.

TN himself suggested that this is the best and easiest way to update, and you’ll be able to see the new fancy installer, which is a neat surpise.

How about a little showcase of what he added in his new TN-V5 eCFW?

Another nice thing I would like to tell you is, that, thanks to Qwikrazor, there are now exploit savedata files for nearly every game from our exploit game chart, with the exception of:

Everybody’s Tennis
Monster Hunter Freedom 2
Monster Hunter Portable 2ndG
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PS Vita Exploit game chart

If you need any help with triggering the exploits, feel free to watch this compilation/playlist of youtube videos that Ive made for you guys, which exactly shows how to boot TN-V with said game at said firmware.

Nearly every released PS Vita usermode exploit is showcased, so enjoy this compilation of videos.

TN-V5 Source via: Wololo.net/talk

Download

Download TN-V5 here

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Hazer7’s avatar

Nice tweaks, but I don’t see as much stability on 3.01 though.

1. ylyhome’s avatar

how to open 64m ram ?my fw is 2.12 tnv4

2. od’s avatar

yes. was surprised to see tnv5 when i checked the update today!
    great work. thanks.

it’s unfortunate about the ninja release being leaked.
    i hope there are more exploits in the near future.

tnv4/5 is a killer app for the vita for sure.
    it’s just simply amazing.
    and if many people gets to use it. they will appreciate developers work all the more

1. jonny2jo’s avatar

Hi i was wondering if it’s just me having TN all pixelled up compaired to an actual psp just wondering :)

1. paragonx9’s avatar

No, it’s not only you. But that’s not an issue, since it’s due to the Vita’s larger screen size. As of now there really is now way to change the PSP (emulator?)’s resolution size, resulting in it being stretched out. Hopefully somebody will find a fix for this, since it makes some games look ugly (although a few better). LOL you guys should see how dissidia looks on the Vita!

1. jonny2jo’s avatar

i found the fix for it

3. ylyhome’s avatar

how to open 64m ram ?my fw is 2.12 tnv4

4. luck’s avatar

it is already “opened”

5. FishSticks’s avatar

Why won’t Jikkyou Poweful Pro Yakyu 2012 Ketteiban be returning to the Playstation store?

1. Dmaskell92’s avatar

Was wondering this myself.

1. FishSticks’s avatar

ANYONE??

6. honey’s avatar

is this update support sound ps1 if not pls fix the problem so every 1 happily ever after… but tnx tn ur amazing

1. Dmaskell92’s avatar

It’s not possible. TN would already have it working if it was.

2. Martin’s avatar

if the sound problem on ps1 is fixed..that means coldbird is back on the scene because it’s his unfinished work. that’s why I really hate Sam Jordan who ruin the hacking big leap for the vita.

7. ewok’s avatar

exploit in 101 megagames still can not start when Vita is set to other language then English. Can you please look into this matter?

1. jeje’s avatar

copy the files inside the tnv4 all of it…

8. Cheater’s avatar

Hello,

with TN-V5 ist the Language Bug still there. If i have my System in German so i get error (C1-2858-3) … if i make the system in english so i have no problems.

9. yangjiacheng’s avatar

is well!

10. froggerfrosch’s avatar

Hello,

I have a question?I buy and download gravity crash and mad blocker to my Ps3 at the time before psn fix the games.the game install bubbles are long time in the ps3 game list,now i have buy me a ps Vita, can i install the games from the ps3 to the vita and they work for the exploit?

2 question the picture on the top, back at PSN? yes yes yes , now when i buy Urbanix or World of pool or King of Pool it is exploit able?

Thanks for Answer

11. Hazer7’s avatar

Hurry up and buy King of Pool. Its still exploitable on 3.01

1. Eddie’s avatar

Its not though… Only on 3.00…

1. Dmaskell92’s avatar

It is though… Back from the dead…

12. Eddie’s avatar

Anyone else having issues with cxmb on v5?

1. jeje’s avatar

mine works fine just done updating using via internet :D

1. Eddie’s avatar

Hmmm, I dunno whats up with mine then :L I will try it again haha

13. vijr’s avatar

With TN-V5 I have Language Bug to. If i have my System in Russian so i get error (C1-2858-3) … if i make the system in english so i have no problems.

1. jeje’s avatar

copy the files inside the tnv4 all of it then save it to your psavedata..dont just copy the tn.bin ect copy them all… :D

1. jeje’s avatar

or better yet used the tnv4 then just update it using system update

14. Hellbelial’s avatar

Hello guys,thank you for the exploit im enjoying megaman powered up now,since Crap-com says that the game has some trouble to be on the store.Now i have a question,when we are playing psp isos and cso,how do we exit the game without using the PS button to exit the exploit?,i mean,i dont want to exit the exploit and enter agaaaain to the exploit and then select a new game,is that possible?.

1. Mathew_T’s avatar

Press and hold the PS button, then exit the Vita settings screen and you can exit the game

2. Iris Heart’s avatar

In addition to what Mathew_T said, you can go into the recovery menu and set two buttons to mimic the PSP Home button. (It’ll only activate when both are pushed at the same time.)

I personally have it set so hitting both Left and Right mimics the home button, but in order to do that, you need to change the exploitable game’s settings so the right analog stick is the d-pad.

15. Dmaskell92’s avatar

TN is already speaking of a V6 release! What a animal lol.

1. jeje’s avatar

ahahah yeah mine is also tnv6 its suppose to be tnv5 hahah lol mistake :D

16. meiersas’s avatar

V5 also supported the king of pool for 3.01 ?

17. Charles Fasano’s avatar

Gamocracy is STILL not back in the US Store. At least I can’t find it.

18. LBattle’s avatar

I just love the irony in his name, Total_noob. Yet he’s the one that hook us up with Awesome Vita V5 XD

19. jeje’s avatar

ty total noob….and to our dedicated hard work programmer ty ty very much im done updating :D

20. ickn28’s avatar

what happen to my update 6.60 TN-V6 i thought its TN-V5 ??

1. levy’s avatar

He just recently released yet another update :p No worries.

1. papapsofos’s avatar

really now????????? damn dat monster!!!!

21. maou’s avatar

Is it okay for me to turn on the wifi, and flight mode off to go to utube, internet, and fb in my vita if I have install tnv?

22. newtotnv’s avatar

Hey, Just wondering when you install TN-V for the first time where is the installed CFW saved? Is it on the Vita itself or memory card?

23. exequiel’s avatar

TN-V6 CAN PLay tekken6 tnx total noob and wololo

24. b3l0kk’s avatar

tekken 6 works !! thanks guys :D

25. Bobo’s avatar

One question, very seriously. When I go on the tn-v6 ecfw into psn, can the games bought there are also normally used with the vita?

1. levy’s avatar

Since it should save those bought games to your psn account, they should work. But I’m not so sure if downloaded games inside tn-v6 are also shown on your vita, or if you have to redownload them

1. Manuel N’s avatar

YEP, both ways work, at least for me. I used to play Valhalla Knights in LieArea and in TN-V4

26. crayoticgames’s avatar

Awesome work guys! Just to kind of update anyone that hasn’t seen it yet, it now updates you via network to TN – V6!
    Also, it’s a major bummer about the ninja release leak. It kills me how the devs take so much time out of their lives to bring us something like this and to think that all they ask in return is to keep a little secret so that everyone may benefit from their work… Yet, people can not. It’s a shame.
    anyhow, thanks again guys. this update was wicked fast and i’m testing now.

27. AliFOJ’s avatar

But I just updated to TN-V6. O_o

28. Marlon’s avatar

PS1 games without sound? Why?? Why withound sound?

1. Martin’s avatar

29. Teenager’s avatar

Hi mate, is this new update of TN-V6 corrects the error of the language of the TN-V4, I mean that I have the console and run the exploits Spanish without any problems?

30. JhormanC’s avatar

still the error (C1-2858-3) with the ps vita is presented in Spanish … Ships sometime the solution to this problem?

31. jake’s avatar

When games r taken off the psn store are they being fixed or are ps quarantining t until the next firmware? So if you didnt get the game and a 3.02 pops up fixing the exploit nd puting the game up, could u use that tricktoget on psn store to get the xploite?

1. Memento’s avatar

Yes it will work. I’ve done it with a couple games from the past. They seem to just take them down and not patch the actual game until they block it with new firmware, then put it back up on PSN.

32. sayid’s avatar

sorry any one can help me?

I have two folders NPUH10053 and NPUH10053_GameData0 I paste the content of “release_tnv6″ & 660.PBP to NPUH10053_GameData0 this folder has 32MB and NPUH10053 has 117KB and then synchronize with CMA and I saw two save data on my Psvita, those files to sync correctly but after opening the game nothing happens or I have to press a button to boot the exploit? or I missed something?

Documents\PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\53bab77bd0747f0a\NPUH10053 and NPUH10053_GameData0

I try to run in King of Pool on 3.01 FW

33. Stef’s avatar

bonjour et merci je suis en 3.01 avec l’exploit king of pool j’ai bien fait la mise a jour pour tnv6.
    j’ai réussi à installer l’iso psp du jeu riviera mais depuis j’arrive pas à installer d’autres iso psp ça me met fichier corrompu.
    Pourtant j’ai bien renommer “GAME.ISO”

34. TRJO’s avatar

So, the latest OFW is 3.01 and the chart says King of Pool, 3.01 and below, back at the PSN. Assuming someone buys a Vita today which has or dumbly updates to the latest OFW, said person could instantly get eCFW (which I know it’s different of VHBL, don’t know to which extent, researching right now)?

(I’m a noob to the PS Vita scene as I do not actually have a Vita, but I’m following the scene since PRO-B3 I think, so no a total noob)

35. KnoRke’s avatar

All of the games that could be used for an exploit seem to be deleted from the psn store. :( Is there any chance to install the tn-v v5 with other games than the ones that are not available any more?

36. Lionhearttal’s avatar

Hello does anyone know any info on when the latest exploitable game will be out for the 3.0.1 ?