TN-V4: How to Install Homebrews (Installment 1 of 3)

The Z

PSP & PS Vita scene member, iOS enthusiast, Anime lover, Firmware expert, Zett master

You may also like...

1. Xperimental says:

Hi fisch, I had to rename PSPFiler to PSPFILER try that.

ps: Can someone give me an anwser to my post above PLS.

2. Fisch says:

=((( i really tried everything now, but still “corrupted Data”. Also called my Filer Folder “PSPFILER”. Tried compression Normal and Store. I tried different Emulators. I have the file extensions correct. I downloaded the files of the Emulators from Wololo.net and from other sites.

Is it possible that i cant use the newest files of the emulators on FW 3.00? i downlaoded the same versions as in the video.

3. Fisch says:

Phew… found my failure and now it works. But i still want to know what game this is in the video (background of vita) at 08:13. thx =)

• Unnounn says:

What was your error, because I am having the same issue, and when it actually installs.. the game wont run.. it will be a black screen, thanks in advance!

• Fisch says:

I had from the begining 2 savegame folders. I could only install pspfiler with my first savegame folder (ULES01164) and then all others on my second savegame folder (ULES01164_GameData0). But at first i had to install 1 homebrew on my first savegame folder, dont know why.

• Fisch says:

hehe fount it, it is K-on =D

4. Lewis says:

Hi and first off thanks to EVERYONE who’s made this possible, from Total_Noob to other programmers, and commenters helping everyone. Maybe someone can help me too, I’ve successfully installed TN-V4 on 2.61 with Fieldrunners, and I successfully installed a couple ISO’s (actually on CSO format seems to work for me, but it works). When I came to homebrews, I installed the first one, Nester without problem, then I tried a second emulator (Picodrive) and even though everything looks right, files copy over, show up on XMB and allow me to install, however after I install I cannot find the 2nd emulator. The iso’s and nester are still there, but picodrive isn’t. I tried a variety of different emus (daedalus, gpsp, snes9xtyl) and always the same issue, is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

• Fisch says:

Hi. I had a similar problem. I had from the begining 2 savegame folders. I could only install pspfiler with my first savegame folder and then all others on my second savegame folder. I really dont know why because iam just a noob that tried everything to make it work ^^, but i hope it helps you.

• Lewis says:

I seem to have found my problem (my own mistake), I was creating the zip file from a folder called INSTALL, so my file structure was INSTALL>PSP>GAME> etc… instead of creating it from folder PSP>GAME etc…not sure this will help anyone

5. mma_jedi says:

How/where do I put PDFs? I have TN-V installed and running great with BOOKR, Star Wars TFU and few other apps. But Idk how to get PDFs in..when in book it doesn’t show anything besides the menu interface. I made a COMMON folder in INSTALL.ZIP/PSP/ folder where the GAME folder is but it doesn’t show. Maybe put the common folder into the game folder? Idk….anyone know? many thnx in advance.

6. UnnOunN says:

I am installing .PBP files greatly now, but when I try to run games, any game.. It wont run, the screen is black and that is it… any help?

7. K4L says:

Love you guys keep it up!

8. Rah says:

“Install Failed
    (80010016)” Any ideas why I’m getting this message?

9. herschwolf says:

Also, wanted to let people know. I just installed a bunch of homebrew at the same time. I put each folder (all caps and each name less than 8 characters long) into the \\PSP\GAME folder. I had to put the INSTALL.ZIP file in the “_GameData0″ folder myself. When I went to install, it only showed one image (the first in alphabetical order) but it installed every homebrew I had in the folder. When asked to delete the file, I selected yes and then exited the memory card back to the main menu I went back into the Game–>Memory Card and all the homebrew showed up installed and running smoothly.

10. Galford says:

Thank you it was tricky but i did it ! phew :O

11. Sakelade says:

ive followed directions and read posts but for some reason i cant get get my emus to work on TN-V6. No clue what im doing. i have the neogeo, cps2 and pico i want on there. but ive tried this over and over and nothing :(

12. Roberto says:

I don’t get anithyng. I get only the exploit game

13. sm says:

HAI….WHY DO I INSTALL TN-V4 NOT BE AT MY PS VITA 3.01….
    Many times, I do not so I’m still dizzy guidance in Manual please help me

14. sm says:

tutoring help easiest way for me to install and can be on tn v4 on my ps vita

15. sm says:

how to get psp games ps vita 3:01 simplest

16. TravisAxel says:

Ive followed directions and managed to install SNES 9xTYL. The homebrew runs but stalls while loading roms. Any rom will start to load and linger forever.

Anyone find a work-around?

17. EHSAN says:

i try this just now, everything works so well until the part to copy into the vita. i took megamix same as the video show as to not get any mistakes.. but then, after finish copy, the icon for the megamix(homebrew) is not out on the surface of vita… please teach me how to avoid that.!!

18. CARLO says:

DOES THIS WORKS ON DEMOS? BECAUSE YOU ALSO NEED TO PUT IT IN THE GAME FOLDER

19. sm says:

put in the game do you mean how can light right

20. sm says:

please I want to hack ps vita 3:01

21. CHRISTIAN says:

PLS HELP I FOLLOWED ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS BUT THE MEGA MIX EXPLOIT DINT APPEAR ON THE SCREEN THATS WHY I CANT INSTALL THE 660.PBP… PLS HELP

22. ivo says:

rtab
    use language fix
    use 7.3 megapack

23. BOBAH says:

я всё зделал как надо а у меня нету на экране этой иконке помогите.

24. Rubber says:

Homebrew is not showing up in the game XMB! Followed Video tutorial Perfectly. Why is this not working?

25. Halar says:

Hey Guys. Please someone help me out. First of all i m from Pakistan and i got a PS VITA from my Brotherly friend in USA as a gift. And now I want to get the PSP games on PS VITA eg all the stuff that’s just been explained here. But I seem to be having so many problems and do not understand anything at all. my PS VITA is completely new It has 8gb memory card along with extra 8gb card with lots of other cool accesories. 3.01 FW. 3g model – which doesn’t seem to be working over here in Pakistan.

All I want to know what things do i need to get the games on my PS VITA. simply how do it do it.
    NOTE: Can’t get a PS account CUZ my region ain’t there and it sucks.
    NOTE: No wifi connection in my area. I live in a very small or to be more specific under-developed city so can’t even use wifi.
    Please help because I can’t do S@#T with my brand new PS-VITA although I thought I’ll have hellova fun with it.
    Help guidance anything that tends to help me and promote me towards the thing I want Will be tremendously appreciated..

26. masood says:

my Ps vita is running latest version. and i dont know how to boot it into xmb. can you help me?

1. January 26, 2014

[…] to be one app you need on your vita, PSP Filer. You can get that here and install it following this great tutorial by The […]