TN-V4: How to Install Homebrews (Installment 1 of 3)

TN-V4 is now publicly available (for Firmwares up to 3.01) and Total_Noob is finally able to rest. Since he did the main job, programming his awesome eCFW, it is now up to us to help all the users that might have problems with some functions of TN-V4.

I would like to show you in 3 installments how to install homebrews, ISO and CSO files and finally plugins, CTF-Themes and other various PSP hacking related files (installment 1, 2 and 3, respectively).

Let’s get started!

The most important thing is that you own a PS Vita that runs TN-V4. Can you boot into the XMB? Great!

For installing homebrews we need a few tools, I will show you how to do this at windows 7.

At first we need WinRAR: Download (use the version of your language)

Then be sure to enable the file extensions (Important!): Click me

We also need homebrews. Just get them from somewhere in the internet.

Got everything?

How to prepare the homebrews for transfering them to your PS Vita

In this part I will show you how to prepare the homebrews for transfering them to your PS Vita.

At first create a folder called PSP. Within this PSP folder create another folde called GAME.

Now check your homebrews if they look fine. There should be an EBOOT.PBP (and sometimes some other files too) inside of a folder (e.g.: PSPFiler -> EBOOT.PBP). If this is the case, then the homebrew is good to go.

Now move said folder (in our example PSPFiler) and put it into the previous GAME folder. If we did everything right we now have this structure: /PSP/GAME/PSPFiler/EBOOT.PBP.

If this is the case, then go back to the folder in which the PSP folder is.

Right click the PSP folder and create a .ZIP file. Be sure to call it INSTALL.ZIP and be very sure to enable the file extension (see above).

If the INSTALL.ZIP file is ready, put it into the exploit savedata folder (for example the Megamix exploit: NPEZ00068).

Now copy the exploit savedata folder to your PS Vita.

Start the exploit game and trigger the exploit.

If you are in the XMB, go to GAME and check for your homebrew, it should now appear.

Press Triangle on it and select install.

Install said homebrew and then delete the .zip file.

Go back and check your savegames, photos, music or videos.

Re-check your games and the homebrew you want to install should appear.

Thats it. Pretty easy, isnt it?

If you’ve got any problems with installing homebrews, refer to my tutorial video below.

I wish you a lot of fun with Total_Noobs TN-V4 eCFW.

Tags: , , , , ,

1. Xperimental’s avatar

Hi fisch, I had to rename PSPFiler to PSPFILER try that.

ps: Can someone give me an anwser to my post above PLS.

2. Fisch’s avatar

=((( i really tried everything now, but still “corrupted Data”. Also called my Filer Folder “PSPFILER”. Tried compression Normal and Store. I tried different Emulators. I have the file extensions correct. I downloaded the files of the Emulators from Wololo.net and from other sites.

Is it possible that i cant use the newest files of the emulators on FW 3.00? i downlaoded the same versions as in the video.

3. Fisch’s avatar

Phew… found my failure and now it works. But i still want to know what game this is in the video (background of vita) at 08:13. thx =)

1. Unnounn’s avatar

What was your error, because I am having the same issue, and when it actually installs.. the game wont run.. it will be a black screen, thanks in advance!

1. Fisch’s avatar

I had from the begining 2 savegame folders. I could only install pspfiler with my first savegame folder (ULES01164) and then all others on my second savegame folder (ULES01164_GameData0). But at first i had to install 1 homebrew on my first savegame folder, dont know why.

2. Fisch’s avatar

hehe fount it, it is K-on =D

4. Lewis’s avatar

Hi and first off thanks to EVERYONE who’s made this possible, from Total_Noob to other programmers, and commenters helping everyone. Maybe someone can help me too, I’ve successfully installed TN-V4 on 2.61 with Fieldrunners, and I successfully installed a couple ISO’s (actually on CSO format seems to work for me, but it works). When I came to homebrews, I installed the first one, Nester without problem, then I tried a second emulator (Picodrive) and even though everything looks right, files copy over, show up on XMB and allow me to install, however after I install I cannot find the 2nd emulator. The iso’s and nester are still there, but picodrive isn’t. I tried a variety of different emus (daedalus, gpsp, snes9xtyl) and always the same issue, is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!

1. Fisch’s avatar

Hi. I had a similar problem. I had from the begining 2 savegame folders. I could only install pspfiler with my first savegame folder and then all others on my second savegame folder. I really dont know why because iam just a noob that tried everything to make it work ^^, but i hope it helps you.

2. Lewis’s avatar

I seem to have found my problem (my own mistake), I was creating the zip file from a folder called INSTALL, so my file structure was INSTALL>PSP>GAME> etc… instead of creating it from folder PSP>GAME etc…not sure this will help anyone

5. mma_jedi’s avatar

How/where do I put PDFs? I have TN-V installed and running great with BOOKR, Star Wars TFU and few other apps. But Idk how to get PDFs in..when in book it doesn’t show anything besides the menu interface. I made a COMMON folder in INSTALL.ZIP/PSP/ folder where the GAME folder is but it doesn’t show. Maybe put the common folder into the game folder? Idk….anyone know? many thnx in advance.

6. UnnOunN’s avatar

I am installing .PBP files greatly now, but when I try to run games, any game.. It wont run, the screen is black and that is it… any help?

7. K4L’s avatar

Love you guys keep it up!

8. Rah’s avatar

“Install Failed
    (80010016)” Any ideas why I’m getting this message?

9. herschwolf’s avatar

Also, wanted to let people know. I just installed a bunch of homebrew at the same time. I put each folder (all caps and each name less than 8 characters long) into the \\PSP\GAME folder. I had to put the INSTALL.ZIP file in the “_GameData0″ folder myself. When I went to install, it only showed one image (the first in alphabetical order) but it installed every homebrew I had in the folder. When asked to delete the file, I selected yes and then exited the memory card back to the main menu I went back into the Game–>Memory Card and all the homebrew showed up installed and running smoothly.

10. Galford’s avatar

Thank you it was tricky but i did it ! phew :O

11. Sakelade’s avatar

ive followed directions and read posts but for some reason i cant get get my emus to work on TN-V6. No clue what im doing. i have the neogeo, cps2 and pico i want on there. but ive tried this over and over and nothing :(

12. Roberto’s avatar

I don’t get anithyng. I get only the exploit game

13. sm’s avatar

HAI….WHY DO I INSTALL TN-V4 NOT BE AT MY PS VITA 3.01….
    Many times, I do not so I’m still dizzy guidance in Manual please help me

14. sm’s avatar

tutoring help easiest way for me to install and can be on tn v4 on my ps vita

15. sm’s avatar

how to get psp games ps vita 3:01 simplest

16. TravisAxel’s avatar

Ive followed directions and managed to install SNES 9xTYL. The homebrew runs but stalls while loading roms. Any rom will start to load and linger forever.

Anyone find a work-around?

17. EHSAN’s avatar

i try this just now, everything works so well until the part to copy into the vita. i took megamix same as the video show as to not get any mistakes.. but then, after finish copy, the icon for the megamix(homebrew) is not out on the surface of vita… please teach me how to avoid that.!!

18. CARLO’s avatar

DOES THIS WORKS ON DEMOS? BECAUSE YOU ALSO NEED TO PUT IT IN THE GAME FOLDER

19. sm’s avatar

put in the game do you mean how can light right

20. sm’s avatar

please I want to hack ps vita 3:01

21. CHRISTIAN’s avatar

PLS HELP I FOLLOWED ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS BUT THE MEGA MIX EXPLOIT DINT APPEAR ON THE SCREEN THATS WHY I CANT INSTALL THE 660.PBP… PLS HELP

22. ivo’s avatar

rtab
    use language fix
    use 7.3 megapack

23. BOBAH’s avatar

я всё зделал как надо а у меня нету на экране этой иконке помогите.

24. Rubber’s avatar

Homebrew is not showing up in the game XMB! Followed Video tutorial Perfectly. Why is this not working?

· 1 · 2