Release: TN-V4 for PS Vita 3.01 (and below)
The long wait is over! Almost one year after his latest release, Total_Noob is back with an eCFW for the PS Vita.
Total_Noob’s TN-V4 lets you run a variety of PSP Homebrews, plugins, and emulators on your PS Vita. It is compatible up to firmware 3.01 included (the latest PS Vita firmware at the time of this writing), and requires you to own one of the exploitable games that was revealed recently in our Ninja release.
Credits and Donations
Credits for the Hitman Reborn exploit in JP go to Patchouli with help from 173210.
Credits for the 101-in-1 megamix exploit for EU/US go to Xerpi and Qwikrazor87.
Credits for TN-V4 go to Total_Noob.
If you want to thank these guys for their hard work:
You can donate to Qwikrazor87 here
You can donate to 173210 here
You can donate to TotalNoob here
Xerpi and Patchouli have both said they are not looking for donations. But don’t hesitate to thank them on /talk for sharing their exploits!
Additional thanks go to hackinformer, Acid_Snake, mamosuke, and the /talk mods, who have all contributed to this release.
How to download and install TN-V4
For now, the installation process is a bit rough, but I’m sure our community will have tutorials and more “user friendly” packages up in a few hours. In the meantime, please follow the instructions below:
- download 660.PBP Here. (choose the PSP 1000/2000/3000 version, *not* the PSP Go version). Depending on the download links, if the file you download is named EBOOT.PBP, rename it into 660.PBP
- Download TN-V4’s binary files here
- Download the TN-V4 Loader for your game here. Choose the download that matches your game and region!
- If you don’t have it already, download and install OpenCMA
- Extract the savedata from the TN-V4 loader of your game on your hard drive, in your CMA’s PSAVEDATA/xxxxx folder (where xxxx are a bunch of letters and numbers).
- Copy TN.BIN, FLASH0.TN, and 660.PBP in the game’s savedata folder (where you can find ‘H.BIN’)
- Copy the game’s savedata to your Vita, using OpenCMA
- Now run the exploit for the game (the trigger varies on the game. For 101-in-1 megamix, just loading the savedata should be enough) and TN-V should start.
- On the first boot, the recovery menu will appear automatically.
- Select ‘Advanced ->’ menu and then select ‘Install 6.60 files’ (this step is only needed if you’ve never used TN-V4 before).
- Enjoy the install progress.
- After the install is done, go back and exit the recovery menu.
- Enjoy TN’s awesome work.
What to do next?
We’ll try to keep you up to date with more user friendly packages and tutorials, as I said above I’m sure they will come soon. Now get crazy and start downloading a few emulators and homebrews, we have a huge list here, and here
Please post feedback and issues below. This is a huge release with many files and many possible scenarios, so it is highly possible a few mistakes slipped in the release. If it doesn’t work for you right now, please report your problems as precisely as possible, and don’t lose your temper!
Source: hackinformer.comsee here.