New way to download games to your older FW PS Vita – No Proxy required!

Don't want to update your PS Vita?

Don’t you hate that you need complicated Proxies, a second PS Vita or even a PS3 to get a game to your PS Vita which runs an older Firmware? It seems our user Crivonyx found a new way to download content to a PS Vita which sports an older Firmware. But how does it work?

The method is pretty simple and the fact that it works is unbelieveable stupid (watched from Sonys side). At first we have to state, that your Vita needs a linked PSN Account, it does not work with a PS Vita that is fresh out of the box, or does not sport any connected PSN Account at all.

You got a PS Vita with an older FW and want your contents on it?
Then follow this simple tutorial:

Disable Wifi and enable the Airplane mode at your PS Vita, then restart it.

At first you need to login to your PSN-Account at the Online Store.

Then go to your downloadlist and select the game you want to download to your Vita.

Select “add game to download queue”, so it should automatically download to your device, once it connects to the internet.

Disable the Airplane mode and enable Wifi. Now restart the PS Vita again.

Thats it. The PS Vita now should automatically start downloading the selected game, without needing the most recent firmware or using the PSN-Store App.

Crivonyx reported that this method worked at his device twice in a row, and that it should be still working.

Just try it yourself and tell us if it is working.
Were you able to get your content or isn’t it working (anymore)?

Source: via Wololo.net/talk (Crivonyx)

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Valerio’s avatar

Firmware requires 3.10, PSVITA on 3.01 works
    2014/03/26

1. The_Ogrenator’s avatar

further confirming that this works on 3.01 as of 2014/03/27. was actually about to make an article for in /talk, but glad i did a search first :/ (my potential for making an impact was just shot down)

1. TNT2Gamer’s avatar

This method works great. I used it to grab Numblast.

2. this_is_a_throwaway_account’s avatar

I reset my Vita a while ago, so there’s no way for me to access PSN on my Vita without upgrading my firmware. So I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place. :/ Again.

FML. FML, FML.

3. psx119’s avatar

don’t get mad at my noob questions but i don’t get it. do i have to restart meaning shut off and turn on my vita? or reset it completely and re-link it to my account again? also don’t i need to be logged into my psn account to see my download list? if so, shutting off wifi and enabling airplane mode doesn’t work. it just says flight mode is on. and is this done from the vita,ps3 or both. plz help without trolling. thanks guys ;)

4. crazygamer’s avatar

tested on 3.01 3/29/2014 works like a charm. now i can download ffx2

5. George Sam’s avatar

I’m on 3.01.I buy a game from the PSN , then i open my vita but there is no download activity on my vita.What shall i do.Please help me

1. claymores’s avatar

Same thing over here. need help asap.

6. Stoneson’s avatar

tested on March 30, 2014 and still working!
    for those who are not able to get it to work, on step 2 you have to go to the Online Store on your PC. do all of steps 2 to 4 on your PC. then follow rest and it will work.

7. Matt’s avatar

Heads up…I tried this and it deregistered my vita, when I bought the game online and tried to download it…It said I need to register my vita..even though I have purchased things before. Anybody know another way to access psn from my device?

8. nocturnalsteve’s avatar

This worked fine last week for Final Fantasy XHD but today trying the method to get Football Manager Classic 2014 nothing downloads!!! I dont want to lose my TN-V – am I screwed – have Sony blocked this? Anyone?

9. nocturnalsteve’s avatar

Right. Can anyone else on 3.01 confirm that this DOESNT work anymore?

I deleted one of the FFX from my Vita and added it to the que via PSN and did the trick above, no download :(

Other than update and lose TNV is there any other solution or have people still got this working??

Help!!!!

1. godmod’s avatar

When I tried downloading Numblast, it didn’t transfer over to my Vita from my download list. 3.01.

Not working for me either -_-

Please help!

10. Fedora’s avatar

I’m also on 3.01 and couldn’t download from my queue after repeating these steps, I tried downloading SFxTK last night.

· 1 · 2