Release: PSP Usermode exploit (up to 2.61) for Half Minute Hero

PSVita Official Firmware 3.00 was a major update and it has been discovered that a LOT of game exploits were patched (around 20) so many developers whose private exploits got patched are releasing them for earlier firmwares. Frostegater has already released two: Pipe Madness and Fieldrunners. This time, it’s Yosh aka wth on the /talk forums with Half Minute Hero.

In his post on the /talk forums, Yosh says

“Hey guys,
with PSVita 3.00 firmware update were apparently quite several exploits (include private ones too) patched, including the private exploit of mine I’ve been using since Everybody’s Tennis was published and fixed.
Indeed Zer01ne used his Uno exploit until it got public, and lately decided to use mine too but unfortunately for him especially, he told me it’s been patched on 3.00 !
Damn Sony, they probably watched my crash logs / PSN game purchases who knows lol.

The game is Half Minute Hero, available in EU / US / JPN PSNs, with exploit working until firmware 2.61, and VHBL too.
However I didn’t update my VHBL for it since a long time, indeed I’m only using it to load eCFW since then.
To make this VHBL usable someone would need to merge it with the official VHBL latest changes, so that files respect the 8.3 CMA name convention and have uppercase file names. I have no time for this ;)
jigsaw also found this exploit himself after me, and we also had an agreement to keep it private, but since Zer01ne verified it’s not usable anymore on 3.00 it’s no use not publishing it anymore.

VHBL info :
This VHBL uses a special GPU unlocking method using sceGeListUpdateStallAddr on the game’s main qid, indeed without it the GPU won’t draw on the screen somehow, making VRAM direct write working only (without this “fix” sceGeListSync and sceGeDrawSync never end to be precise).

Files :
- Binary loaders for EU / US / JPN games : they will load & execute the H.BIN file you put in their save folder
- VHBL r147 for EU game (to make compatible with new CMA 8.3 file format)

Coldbird is to thank for crafting the US / JPN exploit payloads though :)
Have fun ;)

Download

The VHBL port can be downloaded from the link below:

Half Minute Hero VHBL (<3.00)

The game costs $9.99 on the US store.

We still recommend Fieldrunners though because of how fast it boots VHBL. It’s still available (at least on the US store) for $6.99.

If you’re having trouble getting the game, you can follow wololo’s guide and adapt it for whichever game you want to use.

So, lots of VHBL releases this week, if you’re on <3.00, this is your chance to grab an exploit before it’s too late!

1. Nice Guy’s avatar

Cool
    Being available for all regions this is a great addition.

2. Gable’s avatar

So this does work on firmware 3.00?

3. Gibite’s avatar

The title said that “up to 2.61″

4. theinfuser599’s avatar

So to get the tn-v4 I have to get this expliot?

5. Infam0us’s avatar

OMG i want the 3.00 exploit so bad lol. All this waiting is driving me nuts.

6. mangosteam’s avatar

Will they port tnv 4 in this exploit aswell?

1. mangosteam’s avatar

And im confuse sir is this for 3.0 or 2.61.

1. tar’s avatar

Read third paragraft

1. Chie’s avatar

paragraph*

7. kingknuts’s avatar

how we can grab this?? The charles dont work it says that i am up to date but when I try to logging it says to update the firmaware
    how we coul do??
    i am from EU (Europe)

1. Nnuma78’s avatar

the file for charles work one day only, download it again and just folow step by step . It could work… (EU) ps; you shouldn’t do the connexion test before going to psn.

1. kingknuts’s avatar

It works !!! thanks Nnuma78

8. hasu90’s avatar

the Japan version is 勇者30 (Yuusha 30) right ? why the savedata folder id is different ? Tried transfer anyway and the save data didn’t show up in the game. Did i bought the wrong one ?

1. yosh’s avatar

Yes the Japan version should be 勇者30 with id ULJS00195.
      The exploit’s savedata is ULJS00195DATA00, however no one ported VHBL to the Japanese version yet.
      Wouldn’t be much complicated to adapt VHBL to other regions, but I have no time.
      Even my European VHBL port has to be updated to work with the new CMA 8.3 naming convention, that’s why I only provided code + info + exploit savefiles.

1. hasu90’s avatar

i’m pretty sure i got the right game but the savegame folder was NPJH50104DATA00, unless of course i got the wrong one haha

1. yosh’s avatar

hm maybe the ULJS00195 savedata exploit Coldbird crafted is for an umd game and NPJH50104 is the true psn version .. I can’t tell, but then the NPJH50104 savedata should be kinda identical and easily adaptable since I doubt they’d change more than the id for a psn version in the same country.
          Maybe just reencrypting the Japan save for your NPJH50104 version and changing the loader path could work, anyway the exploit certainly works on NPJH50104 too ^^

2. Samson’s avatar

Did you figure this out yet? I’m tempting to buy since I’m on Japanese PSN but I don’t know how to modify from US savefile to Japanese savefile

1. yosh’s avatar

There is already a Japanese savefile but for ULJS00195, apparently the umd pass version. Seems the psn one is NPJH50104 though.
            Don’t have time to help on this, just don’t buy it unless someone fixes this imho

9. kingknuts’s avatar

How I can grab this?? charles proxy seems to dont work anymore… Region EU and FW 2.61

1. hasu90’s avatar

use PS3 and OpenCMA trick

1. kingknuts’s avatar

Thank you and sorry for my double post

10. aragorn46’s avatar

Hi Wolo. Is it possible to use as an exploit the previous free games of PSN? like Patapon and Patchwork Heroes? I’m on 2.12 version.. Dont know waht to do…

11. Pirulo’s avatar

So, can we load eCFW with this exploit?

1. yosh’s avatar

Yes, if you have a usable kernel exploit.
      Else no evidently, this is a user exploit.

12. kingknuts’s avatar

the chareles proxy seems to dont work:
    the ps vita reports that it isnt necesary to update the firmware, but when I try to log in in PS Store it promts to update. Im on 2.61 EU.

13. ModzLink’s avatar

since wololo won’t use my video… here is how to setup vhbl on 2.61 using fieldrunners

1. wololo’s avatar

Sorry, I *did* see your email and haven’t taken any action yet. Apologies for the delay

14. Levepedro’s avatar

What do u recommend me if im in 1.41?

15. ModzLink’s avatar

for anyone that was able to get field runners installed and needs help transferring homebrew over to their psvita watch this video to help you bypass the CMA update screen

16. Szam’s avatar

can this exploit possible to use by uno game in future?

17. Szam’s avatar

few month didn follow wololo because of work…
    is there any new exploit for uno?
    i mean latest exploit can be used by uno game
    thx for reading XD

18. Mini_Norris’s avatar

Will I be able to run PSP ISO(Monster Hunter Portable 3rd) on my Vita 2.61 with this exploit??