Using the DS4 controller on various devices (PC, PS3, Vita, Android…)

The DS4 controller is out already, and a a lot of people have picked one up. So did you just buy a DS4 controller for the upcoming PS4 release and would like to use it on your PS3, PC or Android device for right now.

Well I did a quick connectivity test to see which ones the ds4 controller would work with today.

The DS4 will work with a micro usb cable and your Windows PC. It will be recognized as a wireless controller in windows and will work with almost every pc game. I could not get it to be recognized via Bluetooth to have a wireless experience on the pc. I did like the control it gave me while playing Batman black gate.

ps4 ds4

The ds3 tools for the pc will not work with the ds4 as of right now.

ds3 tools

If you want to use the ds4 on your android device with the sixaxis app it will not work. The pc software for the sixaxis app does not see the ds4 controller, so can not reroute the Bluetooth address to your phone. Maybe with the release of the sony app for android phones the ds4 will get some support.

sixapps

Using the DS4 controller on the PS3 you will also need to use a micro usb cable. I found no difference in using the DS4 controller as a wired ps3 controller. Now if you have any girl gamers in your family or friends they may not like the DS4 controller as a lot of girl gamers find the controller too big for there hands.

ds4 ps3

( wish full thinking) With the psvita tv coming soon, it uses the DS3 controller and soon will be able to use the DS4. Since it has the same OS as the the mobile psvita it would be nice if Sony would let us use the DS4 with all psvita’s.

ds4 psv13212

My overall experience with it on the PC or PS3 has been great and really like the response time it gave me on the pc the most. So have fun with your new DS4 controllers on your PC or PS3 for now.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. jhon’s avatar

hi. to buy a ds4 its more expensive than a normal pc controller

1. PlaGeRaN’s avatar

If you are buying / purchased a ps4 then this is alternate use’s for the controller. not to go out and buy one.

I hope they do this with other consoles also.

2. ils’s avatar

Any info about vibration support in Windows?

3. GuitaristMatt’s avatar

For people who do want to know how to pair it with your PC via bluetooth, make sure bluetooth is enabled on your PC, go to the bluetooth device manager and hold the PS button + Share for around 5 seconds. The PC should pick it up on-screen as “Wireless Controller”. Click pair. Done.

On Win 8.1 this setting can be found by locating the start menu and typing bluetooth settings

1. hackinformer’s avatar

I tried that with windows and I guess my bluetooth didn’t like the DS4. It would not pair with it..

1. GuitaristMatt’s avatar

You’re not the only one it seems.

2. Janos Megyeri’s avatar

Holy shit that actually worked!. For people that said it didn’t work, hold down the PS button and share button until the light bar starts flashing.

4. ivo’s avatar

hi, is ther any chance for a ps3 exploit now the ps4 is almost there ?

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Nope. Unhackable 2k5, 3k and 4k are still well unbroken. But you can get yourself a 3k3y or cobra ode. Games and homebrew does run on a non hacked device. Also multiman has been releases for cobra and 3k3y and it runs nice. So your choice.
      I would give up hope for an exploit in the ps3 kernel of newer consoles, they really did a good security job on those.

5. ivo’s avatar

hi, what about an other appoach than 3key or ode ?
    meaning taking out ps3 hdd extracting uno ps3 title
    porting uno vhbl or uno hbl or uno psp exploit to ps3 ?
    making an uno game+exploit injecting livecd or dvd ?
    one that recognises and reads/writes ps3 hdd’s with lots of tools and injecting ofc.
    hooking the ps3 freshly injected ?.?
    cheers

6. Datguy’s avatar

I want that dbz wallpaper of Bulma! xD

1. hackinformer’s avatar

Datguy, here is the Bulma pic you want..http://hackinformer.com/Gallery/index.php/PSP-PSvita/bulma I have a lot more psvita backgrounds there so check them out.

7. commandnconquer’s avatar

Hi, how can I use my vita as a controller for my android device? I wanna use it as a controller for my fpse for example.

8. ivo’s avatar

by using vitacontroller in ps vita mobile developer pack
    and running vitacontroller-pc in windows ?
    is ther an android controller server ?
    is ther a linux controller server ?
    what about the windows version ?
    what about pspcontroller that works in vhbl ?

thats sorta it.
    except i know what i want now for my propellerclock
    instead of colour leds … projector leds
    fill a room with projection.

and a rgb scart compoisite hdmi adapter to feed imagedata to the pic propellerclock via ir leds (either leds or projection leds propellerclock adapterboard)
    cheers

9. Tnutbutter’s avatar

Wish you could use the psvita as a controller…

10. Hymness’s avatar

Hi there community!

Just to say, Wololo, DS3 Tool isn’t the only way to get your dualshock to work with PC now. There is a great alternative named Xinput Wrapper by Scarlet Crush.Productions

It’s working flawlessly, doesn’t have any connexion required and work great when used wireless too. No bugs like not recognized when coming out from Sleep mode or BSOD.

You should give it a try :)

1. JC200X’s avatar

I second this. I used to use DS3 Tool/Motioninjoy on my laptop for a year until I kept getting BSODs. Switched to Xinput Wrapper and have had no problems since.

11. ivo’s avatar

still i would rather see an exploit than yet another controllerdriver yacontrolldrive

1. sathriel’s avatar

You are welcome to find one.

12. Chuckthetekkie’s avatar

My sister has no problem using a 360 controller. Then again her ring size is 12.

BTW, any word on getting the DS4 working with a Mac for Mac games? Could never seem to get the DS3 controller working on my MacBook Pro.

1. Luis’s avatar

Yep, native support on Mac as well. But don’t forget the games must have some sort of controller profile for them to work with it. I had no issue with mine.

13. titegtnodI’s avatar

It took me 20mins to realize you meant “Dual Shock” for “DS3″ and “DS4″. I’ve never heard them called DS3 or DS4 …