Android emulator for PC

Hello everyone! Changing a bit from PSVita and PS4 to one of the most used operating system for smartphones: Android. Many of you probably have got one of these with Android. Basically, because the alternative is the iPhone and it’s not what we can describe as “cheap”. (I don’t name Windows Phone ’cause it’s not very popular, at least here in Europe). So, going back to the title, I’m going to show you the different ways of having an Android emulator for PC. Yes, you read right, you can have Android 4.0 working perfectly on your computer screen. Ready? Let’s go!

Android emulator for PC

Personally, I know two “easy” different ways to emulate Google’s mobile operating system. These are YouWave and BlueStacks.

What’s the Best Android emulator for PC?

YouWave is program which emulates perfectly the whole system, the initial screen, preferences, browser, contacts… everything. This is the most complete one of both of them. You can even choose which version you want to emulate. I think, if I remember well, that you could choose 4.0 or 2.3 (ICS and Gingerbread :) ).

The main problem is that it’s not free so you have to pay 15$ for Gingerbread and 20$ for ICS. If you want my opinion, buy it, I bought it and it’s very cool. Runs smoothly, perfect help center… basically a fully working version of Android. If you want to buy it, you can get it from here. Good thing is, for those of you who are doubting, that they give you a free 10-day trial so you can use the full version all you want. Accepts PayPal and Google Wallet.

Android emulator for PC

Now, another Android emulator for PC, BlueStacks. This one is not actually a working version of Android like the other one, because what it actually does is execute the .apk file you give it, so you can play all the apps and games on your PC first and then download them on your smartphone or whatever you want to do ;)

Oh, by the way, it’s totally free to download so it’s a good alternative and you should give it a shot. You can download it here.

And this is it, I know you can also do the same with the Android SDK but it’s a bit more complicated and I thought these were the easiest emulators. Hope you liked the article and if you want to comment your opinion on any of the programs or you know another emulator, let me know in the comments!

Tags: , , ,

1. Obito’s avatar

I use Android SDK Tools. It’s free, you can choose whatever version of Android you want, and it’s like having a mobile phone on PC. You can even install WhatsApp, or any other Android app whatsoever.

1. Dragoon’s avatar

It’s also tragically slow, unless you’re running x86 images/you’ve got a fast 2nd/3rd Gen Core i7.

I prefer Genymotion: http://www.genymotion.com/ – it’s VirtualBox with modified Android images. It’s insanely fast, often faster than most real Android devices. Plus it’s completely free.

1. JeoWay’s avatar

> 2nd – 3rd Gen i7

I have a 4th Gen i7 4770k :D @4.3ghz :)

2. azibaapu daniel’s avatar

god punish u….

2. JVC’s avatar

I use bluestacks on a toshiba satelite and it is slow,I think youwave for some reason I didnt want to use,guess I will look up something else,use it mostly for whatsapp.

1. jonny2jo’s avatar

I’ve also got bluestacks with whatsapp but the only problem is the keyboard mine is in french so all the é, à and é kindoff annoying having to click it manually apart from that it’s all good

3. luis carlos’s avatar

Bluestacks is SOOOO slow, Ive tried it by several months and no computer power will be enough to handle it. It can turn into a writing machine any good computer (i7), so I personally DONT RECOMMEND IT ONLY IF U ARE NEEDED TO

4. chrisgomez’s avatar

what will be the point of this ? why should i emulate something that is meant for my phone ?

1. aerinas’s avatar

Because one might want to use/play android apps on a big screen. Think of possibilities like using whatsapp on a pc…

1. angelic_sedition’s avatar

You could still just use your android phone for that. Emulation is more useful if you don’t have an android device but want to use android apps or for testing I would assume.

5. angelic_sedition’s avatar

Have you tried virtualbox? As cool as YouWave is, I would never pay for something like that.

6. ivo’s avatar

is ther an android emu system for linux ? not virtualboard or virtualbox ?

7. Stef’s avatar

I had found once an android emulator tha was very small, too fast and .exe for windows from a chinese team (i think so) but i can’t find it write now, after a big research that i had done it was the best one out there.. I’ll check my old pc for links and i will come again to post tomorow.. cya !! :D

8. Haze7’s avatar

I was just wondering. Will it ever be possible to make a android emulator for the PS Vita? Isn’t PSM already android based sort of?

1. wololo’s avatar

PSM is based on Mono, which has nothing to do with Android

9. Shay Legacy’s avatar

I use Bluestacks and runs ultra smooth on my laptop with intel i7 3770k processor.

1. Shapeshifter’s avatar

Lolwut laptops can’t run desktop parts
      Not unless they burst into flames atleast

1. Gordon Mac...’s avatar

Can’t run desktop parts??? Check out the specs on my Sager NP 9570, I’m running an I7-4820k @ 3.9 GHz processor,and that’s the “baby” of the CPU’s

2. desto’s avatar

i can play smoothly in my intel core i3
      2350m

10. BakaOsaka’s avatar

Try http://www.socketeq.com/, I’ve tried it and it’s pretty awesome. However, it’s only Android 4.0.

11. Viral_Weaponry’s avatar

I made a bootable USB flash drive and boot my PC to android whenever I want and is persistent, just Google android x86, youre welcome lol

1. Viral_Weaponry’s avatar

Forgot to say its 4.3

12. Shapeshifter’s avatar

I have a 3612qm , 1tb hdd 128gb ssd 7750m gddr5 2gb , 4gb ram and full hd screen
    Blue stacks best for me

13. wartaf’s avatar

can’t install on my pc, there’s an error :(

14. dimy93’s avatar

GenyMotion – fast,fluid,free, many options, the only problem is it’s 4.0 and 4.1 only

15. comwiz’s avatar

What about this?

16. gamr13’s avatar

I use android x86 4.3 on a laptop with no fan to cool down xD normally i just let the air at it like now (it’s disasembled) works fine, really fast, installed all my apps and the funny thing is, I don’t have a HDD in it, the hdd is in my ps3, so i installed it on SD card (8GB) xD

-sent from a PS Vita

17. coldhell’s avatar

SDK supports all versions and it is free, so I don’t see a reason for another emu… about the complicated way – it is not like you will need to do anything different once you learn how to do it.

18. chuito’s avatar

damn i couldnt install the second one cuz i dont have a graphics card :(

19. John’s avatar

First off. Bluestacks sucks. COders have no clue how to make it run on all platforms. Second, YouWave is just as bad as Bluestracks. Why pay for something that doesn’t work right??Third, Genymotion is another worthless paid app. I can’t believe you guys pay for shit products. The saying is correct, A fool and his money is soon parted. People have to remember, Android is an open source linux based operating system. Meaning its free to do what you want with it. I am almost certain, these people who are charging for the service is in violation of the TOS. But anyways. Those that require you to have high end equipement to run a shit program means the coders have no clue how to get something to run. Bluestacks needs more memory and graphics then what a real Android phone has. That should tell you something right there.

1. wololo’s avatar

Do you have a good, free alternative to suggest?

2. Don Kali’s avatar

Which alternative would you suggest then?

20. how to hack whatsapp,whatsapp hack tool,whatsapp hacker for android,whatsapp hacking tool for iphone,how to hack whatspp hacking software’s avatar

Rather element of written content. I recently stumbled upon your web site as well as in accession investment capital to express i always get actually treasured profile ones blog site blogposts. In whatever way I will be opting-in in your rss feeds as well as My partner and i completion you get entry to regularly fast.

21. cursos de pnl, curso de pnl’s avatar

Fantastic overcom! I’m going to trainee when you fix your web site, exactly how may we subscribe for any website web site? The actual accounts solved the problem your appropriate bargain. For a nice and little bit familiar of this your transmitted presented sparkly obvious plan