Release: VHBL for Vita 2.61

As I type this, I believe the exploited game for this release, Jikkyu Powerful Pro Yakyu 2012 Ketteiban, is still available on the JP PSN store. The Game is fairly expensive and probably didn’t attract so much attention. If you really want to run emulators on your Vita, it might still be possible for you to get that game.

VHBL is a homebrew loader running inside the PSP emulator on the Playstation Vita. It lets you run PSP homebrews, including several emulators (SNES, NES, GBA, etc…), but will not let you run PSP isos, let alone pirate PS vita games.

Many thanks go to developer 173210 for his work on his exploit, and for providing the result of this work to the community. I’ll go with the typical disclaimer: VHBL comes free of charge and with no guarantee whatsoever. In order to run VHBL, an exploit is required, and exploits exist in commercial games that you need to buy from the PSN. When you buy such games, you buy the game, not the exploit, not the promise that VHBL will work for you.

Donations

If you enjoy 173210′s work, please consider making a donation to him, with the link below:

Downloads

Download on the VHBL page, as usual.

I have myself not tested this VHBL port, so please report failure/success in the comments section below.

1. pejman1998’s avatar

so honey what about us store we are waiting

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

either you find your own exploit or you stfu and wait

1. AMD’s avatar

Acid_Snake is right.
        Got to love that condescending tone, pejman1998.

You have to realise that VHBL is a privellege and not a right.

Can’t wait for one? Well, good luck, make your own.

2. dafuqu’s avatar

lol calm ur tits sir, im pretty sure he was just joking ;p

3. pejman1998’s avatar

wo wo wo take a deep breath! i just find out why we are still waiting for a stable and useful hack instead of some retro emulator of course it is wonderful to see trying to hack device but why should we spend money for emulators of nintendo’s ancient games and i believe if you weren’t this much angry you could concentrate and probably solved this puzzle long times ago i don’t take it as offense but i expect more respect to each other !

1. trolol’s avatar

well, its “Acid_Snake” we r talking about =), nothing particular here

2. sathriel’s avatar

He wouldn’t be so angry if people like you weren’t such rear ends in top hats :)

1. NUTCRACKER’s avatar

Nah, Acid would still be pissed off since Sony steps on his nutsack every time they update their firmware.

4. BATMAN’s avatar

lol, you really made my laugh there, I hope these kids understand one day the hard work it takes to find a playable port to begin with. Thanks Acid_Snake, Wololo, 173210, and all the other vita developers. Your work is appreciated

2. Ghack’s avatar

hey i know is not related but look what i found http://www.joytechelec.com/ecp_view.asp?id=183

2. Anonym!’s avatar

Where’s the how-to-trigger-the-exploit part?

1. The Z’s avatar

Maybe just load the savedata?

I dont know. I would like to test it, but I dont have funds on my JP Acc, and I dont want to pay 45€ for a HBL game.

2. Freakler’s avatar

Found it! MainMenu/Success/4th Option/press O twice :)

1. jonny2jo’s avatar

How did u make a Jap account??

1. sathriel’s avatar

With PS3 it shouldn’t be a big problem.

3. killome’s avatar

Freakler : ‘MainMenu/Success/4th Option/press O twice’

Thank you Freakler !! VHBL work in exploit !!! :D

I did not know how launched VHBL but with your message Freakler I have pus the launched !!

4. smashing’s avatar

why dont hackers mod the cma in order tu use the vita as a usb like the psp? wish i knew how to code

1. Alex’s avatar

Lol you really don’t understand how difficult that is do you?

5. majdex’s avatar

so its just pretty much a leap frog game with sony..they update we release a “exploit” they patch. we wait for a new update.. lol i remember the ol psp days when every big “hacker” or “decoder” was all about killing consoles lol. but this is fine too , just wish i knew more about decoding.

1. drpepper’s avatar

lol. cant believe they took the exploitable game off already!!

6. newrcc’s avatar

All hard work it is wellcome… I love all this guys for everything!!! O_O”

7. zakaiya’s avatar

I absolutely LOVE vhbl and the psp sandboxed exploits but im gunna stick to official firmwares. I severely hope that if a native vita hack does surface it stays private because the US library for the vita is sickening. When you look at JP they have games for days. I’m sick of these horrible english dubs, just give us the game faster, translate the menus, english subs i’m good to go. Hell id even pay 50 if it came to it, wish they would start a service like this so bad. You can pay 40 when the fully localized version comes out and 50 for the undubbed. Simple and Clean.

8. Ghack’s avatar

1. Ghack’s avatar

is this true or legit

2. Hellbelial’s avatar

Great but only in US sadly i wont get it because the stupid country have problems bringing stuff from outside.

9. 110706’s avatar

of course it’s a fake. That stupid “product” has been available since last year if i remember correctly. There is also no support for it at all in any PS Vita firmware. No options for TV-Out. I heard it’s a cable for some iPhone model.

10. rainof89’s avatar

I see VHBL is on EmuCR now but they are using the patapon tutorial that doesn’t work on the Vita. Someone needs to inform them before ppl start buying the wrong game

11. nntb’s avatar

been waiting for VHBL for the japanese store for a while now. kind of lost all hope for a while. and probably will have to buy a 2nd vita… i want to play final fantasy x when it comes out and ect ect. for those whining about it being a jpn store game. remember the last many releases where all us store games. and i sat and waited and waited.

thank you for the exploit.

1. yvad’s avatar

same here…thanks for the exploit, although the exploit game cost a bit, but comparing to the effort that you’ve put in order to share with us, its nothing

2. Amir’s avatar

Play Final Fantasy X??? what do you mean?

12. nomuguy’s avatar

quick question: is it possible to switch back to the US store after the exploit, or will that erase the jailbreak?

i have two memory cards, so i use both stores. but if i can’t use my memory card with my US downloaded games on it after i install the jailbreak, i don’t know if this is worth it for me…

thanks!

1. wololo’s avatar

Basically you’ll need to backup your memory card. Then when you switch back to the JP account… I am worried you’ll be asked to connect and upgrade your vita to the latest firmware… which might block the exploit eventually. unless you have a ps3, check this: http://wololo.net/2013/04/17/lower-ps-vita-firmwares-for-dummies

13. not correct’s avatar

the spelling for 実況 is actually jikkyou as the only on reading for
    況 is actually kyou. Your reading for the rest of the name is correct.

14. Dolanna’s avatar

The game (実況パワフルプロ野球2012) can’t find it on Sony Media go. Is it shutdown on sale?

15. suyoheros’s avatar

This game comes in a ISO file from PSN?
    Any chances to download the ISO from other source?

16. Dolanna’s avatar

Dear All,

My PSV rom version is 2.12, could anyone get a suggestion for me.
    Weather need to upgrade to 2.61 and to buy (実況パワフルプロ野球2012) this game?

1. suyoheros’s avatar

I guess you can use VHBL earlier versions.

1. Dolanna’s avatar

Thanks, your suggestion.
        but my question is which of the game that I could buy it?
        because I can’t using PS store on my PSV.

if you have any detail ideal, could you let me know.

17. warllison’s avatar

unfortunately as we all already know here in Brazil the ps4 cost 1800 usd, and the scenario for the vita here also is not any good, I say farewell to my vita to be able to get a 3ds with 3d gateway

18. Isaac’s avatar

is Jikkyu Powerful Pro Yakyu 2012 Ketteiban for free?

19. Sky Yuki’s avatar