VHBL on Vita 2.61: exploited game name announced

I lost count on how many PSP usermode vulnerabilities have been found by distinct hackers and announced here over the past 18 months, but I think we’re at about 12 by now.

We announced a few weeks ago that several hackers have ported VHBL to Vita firmware 2.61 by now. Japanese dev 173210 has been nice enough to share his own port with us. The exploited game he uses is unfortunately only available on the Japanese PSN. So you’ll either have to create a Japanese account on your vita to get access to his hack, or wait patiently for our next release.

As a reminder, VHBL is a homebrew loader running inside the PSP emulator on the Playstation Vita. It lets you run PSP homebrews, including several emulators (SNES, NES, GBA, etc…), but will not let you run PSP isos, let alone pirate PS vita games. Read on for details and the name of the game.

In order to run, VHBL relies on vulnerabilities in official PSN games. You need a legit copy of the exploited game in order for the exploit to trigger. Do not ask if this will work on an iso of the game (it won’t), or if we can make the exploit work for your favorite game instead (exploits do not magically exist in all psp games).

In general, Sony is extremely fast to remove the exploited games from their store (in general less than 48h), this has been so far their way of mitigating the “threat” that 8 bits emulators represent for their business, so if you are interested in VHBL, better get the game now.

Disclaimer and compatibility

We are not distributing the hack right away, it will be distributed in a few days (we typically wait for Sony to remove the game from their store, but this is not set in stone). It means you’ll have to trust us that this is real, buy the exploitable game, and wait for the files. It goes without saying, but neither me nor 173210 are making money when you buy the game, and VHBL comes with no guarantee whatsoever. You are buying a PSP game on your own free will, so don’t blame us if VHBL does not work as expected for you. To give you an idea, 173210 has published recently a list of compatible/non compatible homebrews for his exploit.

Now that you’ve read and agreed to the above, here’s the name of the game:

Jikkyu Powerful Pro Yakyu 2012 Ketteiban(実況パワフルプロ野球 2012決定版)

What you want is the PSP version of the game!!!

Stay tuned for the VHBL files which will come in a few days, and in the meantime, enjoy this video from 173210 showcasing VHBL running on this exploit:

1. Jonny’s avatar

Thanks Wololo and 173210 for All your Work. This game in only in the Japan Store, you have a tutorial for i get this title. Thanks and best regards

2. jonny2jo’s avatar

Too bad it’s only Jap :(

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

and it’s way too expensive, I think the amount of people who will grab this exploit will not even reach that of the arcade games

3. Sheldon cooper’s avatar

Your price is ¥4780 (50$) FAIL!!

1. mart’s avatar

is this the real sheldon cooper?

4. nindtendo’s avatar

I hope there will be anexploit game for eu store

1. naunau78’s avatar

Yes me to

5. Patrick’s avatar

Dropping 50 bucks, and losing all my settings to switch to JPN PSN. Ah, I’ll just wait until the next US release. Thanks for the update, though. Cheers.

I’m also liking the compatibility we’re getting here. It’s some nice stuff. The day that the Vita can read .cbr files is the day I become much happier with my purchase. We’re already at .pdf compatibility, so it’s only a matter of time.

6. Chie’s avatar

Spend $50 to play VHBL games & sooner or later sony announce new patch OMG what a waste

7. KILLERHEDAKE’s avatar

Holy shit, $50 is ridiculous. Thanks but I will use my psp1001 and wait for Total_Noob to release his CFW for Vita.

8. t-marius’s avatar

it’s too much according to me buying that game,will there be furtherly another exploit or that japanese game is the unique game that permits the function of the exploit ? and for european users ?

9. sephisel’s avatar

good for a new VHBL port, however, you are better off buying a good ps vita game and waiting for another release. out of curiosity? Why in the world is this game 50 bucks? I mean the most that a psp game can reach now is like 30 – 20 bucks max.

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

maybe it’s a top hit in Japan?

10. Leires’s avatar

As already said, a bit pricy for just VHBL, not to mention the mild headache that comes with making a JP account, but for those who already own the game, there you go. Thanks, at any rate, for the flow of exploits~

11. jonny2jo’s avatar

I’m soooo tempted to buy it cause sony has not yet done anything after all….50$ for a psp game :D

12. booler’s avatar

VITA is dead for western market.
    90% of vita games are japan oriented, remakes, minis or from other mobile platforms.

There is still no solid game library

No games for a game console = no interest from customers = no interest from hackers = no cfw

Vita is a shame comparing to psp

1. you're an idiot’s avatar

What’s a “solid game library”? Vita is a slow starter like the PSP. Plus, we just got Killzone and Dragon’s Crown. There are also future releases like Ragnarok Ace, YS, and some other gems too.

And there is no CFW since people can’t just pull exploits out of their as*holes or they just don’t want to share it. Just be patient and wait.

I don’t want accuse people of wanting CFW just to play pirated ISOs (because there are some ppl with legitimate excuses), but I’m going to throw that out there anyways.

Buy the game. Support the developers. I’ve been buying most XSEED games that come out on the Vita. I hope they keep spoiling us with translated games. :)

13. Devin Smith’s avatar

Lol..can’t believe no one said this yet…But there may be another reason for that game being $50…I mean you have said maybe its a hit..But maybe someone purposefully made an exploitable game just so they could make bucks from it when people found out it was exploitable…It would make sense…Look at how many people desperately want to run homebrews…And the past sales of exploitable games…

1. Musouka’s avatar

Not really. There are more expensive PSP games in the Japanese PSN store. I have even seen one game retailing for ¥6280. This is Japan, after all, so games are rather expensive. You can pre-order the new Yakuza for PS4 for ¥8600 only.

1. jonny2jo’s avatar

are you kidding me!?

1. Musouka’s avatar

I kid you not. Here are some examples of more expensive PSP games in the Japanese PSN store:

最後の約束の物語 ¥5600
          ワンピース ROMANCE DAWN 冒険の夜明け ¥5980
          TIGER & BUNNY オンエアジャック ¥6280

Of course, there are many games that are less expansive. You can find games as cheap as ¥300 and there are many games in the ¥1500-3000 price range but the newer games from 2012 and 2013 are usually priced higher. The system still has a market in Japan and you would see more people playing it than people playing the Vita.

1. wololo’s avatar

Video games and movies are extremely expensive in Japan. $50 for a game out last year is, unfortunately, not so surprising here.
            They also still sell most of their digital music with DRMs, and a seat at the movies costs between $15 and $25. That’s how late this country is in terms of digital entertainment.

14. Julien’s avatar

the vhbl vita 2.61 wil in english or japan language ? thank you in advence)

15. drpepper’s avatar

i smell sony tricks of selling their games. anyway its business. respect to wololo and all the hackers.

1. Musouka’s avatar

It’s a Konami game

16. Hellbelial’s avatar

And who the fuck is going to grab this if its only for japan accounts and the price is too high.Another waste of time.

1. wololo’s avatar

Yes, it is too expensive, but the hacker did not choose the price of the game, show a bit of respect for people who dedicate their time to the community.

People like you are the same who whine when they miss a kernel exploit and realize they could have grabbed one of the 10 usermode exploits throughout the year to be guaranteed an access to the kernel exploit later on.

17. liquidmagic’s avatar

somewhere in japan sony laughs at us and our pathetic attempts to play emulators i mean 50 bucks,c’mon its a trap >:T….

18. Potnestmonster’s avatar

i download the game last night for free in the 0Yen section :P

1. Potnestmonster’s avatar

oh wait not the same title by bad

19. Sub1’s avatar

@ Potnestmonster;

Where you download it??….Do you habe a link or something?

20. drpepper’s avatar

this website is kool

21. bobo’s avatar

Hello world !

some can tell me if the game is still in the PSN jap ?

1. drpepper’s avatar

cant read chinese lol

1. drpepper’s avatar

cant read japanese…where says purchase?

2. Alex’s avatar

Please don’t send wrong link, your link is for the ps vita version, not the psp version, here is the good version:

;)

1. Guest0513’s avatar

The game just got removed today :(

22. bobo’s avatar

I can not buy the game it always gives me an ERROR NP 2244-2 when billing !! :(

help me, I want to be able to exploit VHBL on 2.61

I Presice the game dont have yet been removed from the PSP version !!

23. bobo’s avatar

I bought the game exploit :) , I wait for the link of the download of VHBL :D

1. drpepper’s avatar

the vhbl is out now on this site.

24. Best ps4 games’s avatar

I found this Google search to be greatly interesting. so If you are looking for the best ps4 games currently on the market, look no further! You have come to the right place. I will be coming back to your site for more information. Best ps4 games