Prepare your PSN Wallet! – The next Vita FW Update containts PS4 compatibility!

The PS4 launch day is pretty soon, and Sony promised to make the PS Vita compatible with the PS4, obviously via a Firmware Update. The very next PS Vita Update seems to be the PS4-Ready Firmware, which was rumoured to be Firmware 3.00. Some other rumoured features of this new firmware, let’s just call it firmware 3.00, are, that you will be able to transfer files via a Wifi connection between the PS Vita and a PS3 console, which would enable you to transfer files without the need of any cable.

Even though we don’t know the actual version number yet, we can be sure that one of the conditions for the next PSPemulator kernel exploit release will be fulfilled. Earlier this summer Total_Noob stated that he could release another new kernel mode exploit for the PS Vitas PSPemulator, which will bring his improved TN eCFW, which will be TN-V4, to all the PS Vitas, that still can’t use a kernel mode exploit, cause of firmware limitations.

Another intersting fact will be, if his TN-V4 eCFW will run at the new PS Vita Slim & Light (aka. PSV 2000), or if Sony implemented some strengthened security, to prevent eCFWs from running at the newer slim model. I personally doubt that the slim model will refuse to run any of the PSPemulators eCFWs, or the Vita Half Byte Loader, since it should use the same PSPemulator as its older sister.

Will the PSV 2k be able to run the XMB?

Since the title states to prepare your PSN Wallet, I recommend to add some funds to your PSN Account, so you will be able to get a ninja release exploit game, which will, most likely, be released with TN-V4 together, so everyone gets the chance to use the good ol’ PSP XMB at the PS Vita, even though you don’t want to wait at a lower firmware, which offers you the ability to use the VHBL. Even though it is not confirmed that there will be an additional exploit game release, which could be released with TN-V4, I am very confident that there could be one.

In the End I would like to say that Sony might release another Firmware Update that offers just the PS3 Wifi file transfer feature, and nothing about the PS4, since they’ve announced this feature some days ago, and it is still not available. Even if they release a FW 2.70 before the big PS4-Ready FW, they will release a PS4-Ready FW in the next 8 weeks, since the PS4s launch day is pretty soon.

Tags: , , , ,

1. Haze7’s avatar

I hope its $3 or less.

1. jonny2jo’s avatar

Would 20$ cover the cost for the game?? :(

2. italkgame’s avatar

Isn’t it safe to say that tn-v4 will be released in December. Because there is know way to tell if how many fw updates Sony needs to implement fully working remote play functionality

1. sathriel’s avatar

The number is 0 because there is no number of FW updates that will make remote play work ;)

1. Bronson’s avatar

Is the psvita hardware not capable of remote play?

1. xPreatorianx’s avatar

It is, this dude has no fucking clue what he’s talking about. Remote play is possible and will be expanded upon with new FW releases. That has already been confirmed from Sony. Wololo just confirmed it again.

Listen to the article and Sony. not some dumbass.

2. EX-uno_exploiter’s avatar

regardless of when TN-V4 will be release, sony can patch the firmware anytime they want and for players that connects to PSN “regularly” TN-V4 is an “optional bonus” feature for PSV, as for me, i enjoyed the online PSV features more compare to the PSPemulator but i will get this TN-V4 once release.. awesome work TN!

3. Leires’s avatar

Maaan, please god wait for FFX HD before releasing :/ I don’t want to have to lose the awesome and rare ksploit to be able to play that game T.T

4. Lai’s avatar

._. i hope its not that expensive since i only got a few bucks in my account.. x.x :) can’t wait.. TN ..you sure did an awesome job! :) Thank you! and also to THe Z for the article

5. Adams Myth’s avatar

Need to top-up asap!

1. trey’s avatar

LONG.LIVE.CU$TOMFIRMWARE

6. Wololo Forever’s avatar

Long live CFW!

7. NakedFaerie’s avatar

If your waiting for the Wifi transfer between PS3 and Vita then you got your head in the sand as thats already happened with the latest update.
    Thats what the update was supposed to bring. I haven’t tested it as I dont sync between PS3 and Vita, I sync between PC and Vita as its faster and easier. Well USB cable to PC is faster and easier.

1. fate6’s avatar

It might have been added to the PS3 side of things but you are the one with “your head in the sand” as the Vita still has no such option

8. Maning’s avatar

OK good-luck

9. meanmachine781’s avatar

Hopefully better days for the Vita will come

10. phil87700’s avatar

Waiting…. on 2.12 VHBL-GOLOR for TN-V4…

1. andrew583’s avatar

If we have golor do we need to pay for anything else for tn v4 like another game?

1. fate6’s avatar

Nope you’re set ^__^

1. Dmaskell92’s avatar

Sweet :)

2. Acid_Snake’s avatar

if you have any game exploit then you are good enough to use TN-V4

1. Jin’s avatar

So you mean any VHBL exploit ?
          Like say I got “air hockey and bowling ” then I will be able to get and install the TN-V4 ?

Please advise .

1. xPreatorianx’s avatar

No, any VHBL exploit will not do. It has to be able to run in kernel mode. Don’t listen to everyone on here. If EVERY VHBL exploit was capable of TN-V4, we would all be enjoying it.

These people are lying to you. Why? I have no idea. It’s not like wasting money on an exploit that won’t give you PSP isos, etc is going to benefit them.

STOP WITH THE MISINFORMATION PEOPLE!

3. phil87700’s avatar

Yes you are all set, if you have GOLOR with running VHBL exploit. :-)

11. PlaGeRaN’s avatar

anyone know how to backup vhbl game savedata? if I need to update, I need to backup my save files before hand :/

12. Dmaskell92’s avatar

I’m keeping my AMOLED screen thanks. I’m glad they make a budget device to increase popularity, sales, and dev interest but I am keeping my original Vita. Yay for TN-V4!!!

13. timeline’s avatar

Is the game only in american PSN?

I want to be stay tuned.

14. Argun’s avatar

Hmm..
    I would recommend to wait for the update after the first “PS4 rdy”-Update so that those first (never-happening) bugfixes may appear out of the blue to fix compatibility issues between PS Vita and PS4.

Greetings.

15. a724947223’s avatar

Japan Psn?

1. Snowlink’s avatar

i hope it’s on japan PSN too. I don’t have the VHBL yet, and there are tons of things we can’t do without the CFW.

16. a724947223’s avatar

please any one tell me about ninja release because i dont want to miss tn_v 4 please here my email 721757152@qq.com

17. AliFOJ’s avatar

Gameocracy ftw!. I’m gonna stay at 2.12 because don’t want to waste any more money on other things as I have to get a PS4 this year.

18. Hardin’s avatar

Not sure I understand this. From what I gather, I have to buy ANOTHER CONSOLE to extend the library of my Vita? And in order to play these games you have to be online? Boy for being a handheld there sure are a lot of conditions and headaches to get this baby to run some damn games… Why won’t you let me love you, Vita?!

1. mixedfish’s avatar

Why would you need to further understand that to play PS4 you NEED a PS4?

I don’t think there are any hidden surprises there.

19. Blazing’s avatar

I will skip this one. When Gaikai comes, I bet there will be another Big update, and I always wanna play Tearaway and YS.

20. Musouka’s avatar

I wonder if the new Vita’s internal storage will have an effect on the PSN account switching trick.

21. Seto’s avatar

The tn_v4 worked with the arcade darts? Or I need to buy the new game? Thanks for getting me out of doubt!!!

22. Frank’s avatar

The function to transfer files from your Vita to you PS3 is supposed to be released in the last PS3 firmware update, it was written in the update details.

23. Tech’s avatar

Hey Wololo i think you should tell Total_Noob to hold off the release till at least a month after the PS4 release. My reasoning is that once the PS4 is released and the many games in its line up are release and get to consumers hands and servers are activated for games to go online, there will be many errors! MANY MANY ERRORS. like even with GTA V there will be many errors, some of which will force Sony to release updates to the PS4, what this means is that the Vita may receive quite a few update as well. i would hate to see this release go to waste and released be fore Sony release two back to back security patches or fixes or adds new PS4-to-VIta capabilities that well have to hold out for.

TL; DR:
    Release the exploit a month (or a while) after PS4 release to not have the exploit patched in Sony’s obviously expected maintenance updates to fix game compatibility or major errors not related to the TN exploit.

1. Tech’s avatar

Actually this should be directed to The Z as well as Wololo or any of the major players of the Vita/PSP hacking scene

24. Hellbelial’s avatar

Pay for update? are the fucking nuts? and why bother,i guess no ps4 games repacked for vita anyway so fuck you Sony.

25. daftkenny’s avatar

So, im knew to the whole exploit in vita thing, so basically, buy an exploitable game and just just install the cfw and youre good to go? Havent exploited a Vita before (only regular psp’s)

26. Sky Yuki’s avatar

You didn’t mention which region will get the game
    But whatever top up anyway
    Prepare 4 …..Exploit???

27. KliBre’s avatar

Hi Wlolo Plz
    answer mE i want to play psp Games in my Vita How PlZ

1. Sky Yuki’s avatar

This is what you need to do
      Wait
      For
      Kernel exploit
      That it
      And how to play psp games on vita will be released