Some videos showcasing 173210′s upcoming VHBL port for Vita 2.61

We’ve announced recently that Japanese developer 173210 is going to release a port of VHBL for Vita firmware 2.61 soon. The following videos showcase his work in progress. We have shown these videos before, but at the time it was not clear that a release would happen.

The first video shows a very simple homebrew (PSPONG) running inside the exploit. This was at a time where 173210′s exploit did not have enough available ram to load reasonably complex emulators.

But with help from Qwikrazor87 (famous for his port of VHBL to firmware 2.12, as well as his help for the latest VHBL on 2.60), 173210 was able to free more Ram and load more advanced homebrews. The second video shows that the exploit can run Daedalus (N64 Emulator), Wagic (trading card game), PSPFiler (file manager), Bookr (ebook and pdf reader), MVSPSP (Neo Geo emulator), PSPCalc (a calculator utility), pspdoxManager and PSPlorer (other file managers) and Snes9xTYL (Super NES emulator).

VHBL is a utility to load user-created software on the Playstation Vita, such as user-made games and emulators. VHBL runs through an exploit and typically requires you to buy a vulnerable game from the playstation store. This upcoming release leverages an exploit for a game that is only available on the Japanese PSN.

Stay tuned for more info on the release… don’t forget the way of the ninja :)

1. lucjedi’s avatar

“is only available on the Japanese PSN”

=(

1. nigth rider’s avatar

hey can i talk to a pogramer i have samthing to tell ya contac me A.S.A.P i have same great news for ps vita here where you can contac me at weedkiller1988@hotmail.com thx

2. rafael707’s avatar

Gotta love ninja releases, I still remember the arctic edge release for the vita :D

3. italkgame’s avatar

I applaud all involved for their hard work.

4. Thrawn’s avatar

“don’t forget the way of the ninja” ROFL °n_
    As for a nippon release of vhbl this is most fitting XD.
    But impressiv, it runs daedalus.

5. Davy’s avatar

That guy really needs to cut his nails.

1. AMD’s avatar

Hey, give the guy some credit.

He is releasing this exploit for us, while he has the chance to keep it private. Consider it a privilege and not a right..

1. fatman01923’s avatar

But what does the exploit have to do with personal hygiene! Lol I kid, I kid.

2. bearmon2010’s avatar

What ? So what. You have no respect. Keep it to yourself!

6. BeastyX’s avatar

The next psvita update has an interesting new feature wireless file transfer to the ps3 I love it

7. ps’s avatar

please what is ninja rlease and please send to me the name of the game my email is sb201032@live.com
    please svp

1. thedicemaster’s avatar

“ninja release” means the name of the game is given in waves through special notifications on the forum.
      the better your standing on the forum(contributions, no warnings, join date) the sooner you get the name of the game.

if a moderator finds out you shared the name of the game(or asked for it) you will be excluded from any future ninja releases.

8. Hellbelial’s avatar

So was the september VHBL only for japan right?,who cares we want VHBL US or EU not all of us have a japan account,waiting for VHBL october.

1. fate6’s avatar

I don’t think you understand
      There was no HBL release just a blog post showing the most popular homebrew for the month and now this post showing a bit more of the upcoming release

If you want a release for your region than either wait for one to be found and have the finder willing to release it or find it yourself

2. wololo’s avatar

Also, there is not a release every month, releases depend on when and how each dev wants to do it.

1. jonny2jo’s avatar

We can’t wait for the “when” XD

9. lythim’s avatar

your siteseems tobe havingconnection problems

10. DanDo’s avatar

I’m just waiting for the TN release in november!!!

1. Dmaskell92’s avatar

My birthday is in Nov, so I will consider it a birthday gift. Although if it releases later it will still be like my birthday.

11. jENNIFER’s avatar

is it released yet trying to find the ninja release as i am signed up on wololos site but not seeing anything and seems like everyone is talking about it like it has been

1. thedicemaster’s avatar

ninja releases come in waves.
      if you only joined recently, got warnings, and/or have a low (valid)postcount you may receive the notification later than people who have been active on the forum for a long time.

12. Netrix’s avatar

PSPFiler works? Is this the first release in quite a while that it runs on? I couldn’t get it to work on the 2.12 exploit. I had to use PSPlorer. Didn’t try on 2.60 though.

1. wololo’s avatar

Indeed, it’s pretty rare, but some versions of pspfiler have worked in vhbl releases in the past

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

Not really, qwikrazor found a way to get PSPFiler working by essentially moving VHBL globals away from the scratchpad as PSPFiler also uses the scratchpad. So this technically should work on most exploits (except those with memory issues).

1. 173210’s avatar

I found the way.
          qwikrazor make VHBL copy game stubs to VRAM before kill the main module and copy them to the same place after then.
          The way is not good. It disables to load some homebrews which is very large because the stubs are near the place to load homebrew.
          So I make VHBL copy stubs to another place and.
          Taking the opportunity, I make VHBL copy stubs and globals of HBL to the place.
          qwikrazor created the chance for me to find the way.
          This way don’t need so much memory. It needs only 1KB.

13. Egdardo’s avatar

Hi, can you please send me the exploiting game name, please?

My email is edgardo.castellini@email.it

14. Sato’s avatar

Hey I am partly undestanding what a ninja release is,but can someone kindly explain it fully for me (and all the other,that don’t understand this)?

15. Ryo’s avatar

I’m definitely looking forward to this! Thanks you to the people contributing time and effort for this =)

16. pppks’s avatar

I really dont understand the ninja metod, but I hope to get a lttle luck and catch the name… and waiting for a US release… thanks for the advise…

17. CuntBuster’s avatar

Hurry up and release it, you turds.

18. stef’s avatar

bonjour je suis en 2.60 je voudrais savoir est-ce que daedalus fonctionne parce que j’ai vu sur des sites ils disent qu’ils marchent et d’autres disent qui marche pas merci

19. heros’s avatar

Hi guys, Im entering the vita universe in the last months, I can say that Im really enjoying the psvita and the games, although the many locks it has in comparison with psp. I saw in some forums here that the next exploit to 2.61 will be through a game to be released only in Japan. There is some way to get this game (I live in south america)? There is a way to do a Japanese PSN account and buy it? Thanks and congrats for the site, really supportive!

20. mlc’s avatar

No CPSPSP? Or does that work just as well as MVSPSP?

21. giliard’s avatar

mim mande o nome do jogo

22. PlaGeRaN’s avatar

Just managed to get gpsp working on 2.60. Had to change the config file from VHBL to INSTALL to get it to work

23. stef’s avatar

en 2.60 gpsp, snes, emumaster fonctionnent même l’enregistrement de sauvegarde

24. chapas’s avatar

Is there a way to use The JAP store outside of Japan?
    Something like proxy…

Thanks

1. Jennifer’s avatar

Make a japan psn account and buy game that way