For free on PSN: PSP/PS Vita game Valhalla Knights

Often enough publishers are perceived and portrayed as these big corporate fat cats who only care for money. And whose endless greed seeks to ruin the innocent and fun experience we gamers all so desperately need.  Well today I would like to tell another story because, for anyone with access to the North American PlayStation Store, the PSP/ PS Vita game Valhalla Knights can be downloaded free of charge. Thanks XSEED games, for giving back!

Publisher XSEED games is well known for their Ys series and their more recent efforts on the Vita platform include Sumioni Demon Arts, Ogarhythm, Little King’s Story and Ragnarok Odyssey.

While totally free to download and no subscription to PS Plus is needed, we are treated to this game as a marketing stunt for Valhalla Knights 3, a PS Vita game set to release on October 15th in the SCEA territory.

Like or hate reading my articles address me on twitter @italkgame or voice your thoughts in the comments below.

1. yosh’s avatar

Only US psn maybe ? Not free on EU one it seems.

1. italkgame’s avatar

Yes XSEED games only confirmed SCEA territory

1. yosh’s avatar

Right it’s Rising Star for SCEE lol

2. ps vita’s avatar

Wololo this game is available for EU users?

1. sathriel’s avatar

No, US only.

3. Frank’s avatar

Thanks ! I got it ! In North America, it’s free yes !

4. Haze7’s avatar

Should I update from 2.60? I’m willing to give up anything for the next TN release. PLEASE REPLY!

1. brian’s avatar

if you want to get the game, you must update your vita

5. Pirate Cat’s avatar

It’s generally the giant publishers that get portrayed this way, not the dinky localization companies :P.

1. Pirate Cat’s avatar

I don’t mean this as an insult to XSEED, they’re just tiny compared to say, Activision or EA.

6. Huesos_96’s avatar

Its free on PSN mexico aswell :)
    Sorry for my poor english

7. decookaaron’s avatar

I bought this game a long time ago. Was my first PSP purchased downloadable game.

8. mikkada222’s avatar

I wish all the games are free :)

9. lythim’s avatar

anyone else eperiencing downtime

10. tangra_87’s avatar

On the eur (spain) still not free :(

11. trickster300ballsackscrotumser’s avatar

Ow man… I even enjoy playing Jetpack Joyride more than this rubbish!

12. Thrawn’s avatar

!!Warning post contains criticism and cynicism!!

AND another game for my us psp and psvita XD.

First this year, wild arms, piyotama, patapon and patchwork heroes, now valhalla knights, all for free.
    And another 50$ spend and 10$ cash back action. O_O

While for my eu psp and vita … uhh uhmm… nothing? Oh we got jetpack joyride for free… as all others too…

I guess sony is dying in eu, we don’t even get the psm nor can we purchase movies on psn.
    And now the arising threat of a steam box (I’m a CERTIFIED STEAM HEAD), bye sony, c u in hell. XD

1. Blazing’s avatar

You guys get the best games on IGC on both PS3 and Vita.

2. jonny2jo’s avatar

I know what you mean!!i even tried to register for the free 1year PSM dev license but i could not because it’s not available in my country :( (i’m from switzerland by the way)

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Austria.
        But the interesting thing is, germany is supported!?!
        Hey, I can even spit over to their dvd and bd liners, so close are they to me. BTW a friend working inside told me, some bd’s for the ps3 and ps4 haven been “borrowed” :), he didn’t tell me what games, but I believe gta V was among them.
        So @ all sony spies, your security seems to be slacking. :P

13. martin’s avatar

i want to download the game but i’m on 2.60. is there another way to download this or another proxy server that still works.

1. Dunsparsley’s avatar

If anything, try purchasing it on the PC using
      store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and searching up the game. You should be able to “purchase” it and download it later after you decide to upgrade to the latest firmware. I’m not 100% certain this works, but it’s better than not trying at all.

1. martin’s avatar

you can only buy games there not download. still thanks though

14. System’s avatar

dammit how come there’s never anythng free on R3 -_-

15. Sky Yuki’s avatar

Hong kong psn had no games at all….

16. LostOsk’s avatar

America as a country may be failing, but we still get sony swag!

17. Yipie’s avatar