FW 2.60s Exploit games are back at the PSN!

Three weeks ago, we’ve revealed that not only one, but 4 different games were exploitable for the usage of the Vita Half Byte Loader. Since Sony removed those games after merely 50 hours, it had been impossible to exploit the PS Vita with the firmware 2.60. A few days later followed the firmware 2.61, which apparently fixed the vulnerability in all 4 exploit games, rendered VHBL useless and, once again, let us decide what we prefer – Access to the Playstation Network services, or access to the huge Homebrew library, that the PSP(emulator) offers.

Sony did not even just remove the games for the Playstation Network, but even removed the games from the download list of their customers, which is illegal in some countries in Europe (e.g. Germany), since it refuses the usage of an already paid service (the digital copy of the now pulled games). A refund could be demanded, which some people even got.

But don’t be desperate, because Sony just brought those games back to the PSN and the download list. If you own one of those exploit games, then its possible to download these games via your PSP, PS Vita, PC or PS3, so you can play them again. There is still one bad news: Sony fixed the FW 2.61 bypass method via Charles Proxy some hours before they’ve brought the games back. Bad luck or a coincidence?

We still have some more news. The 4 Arcade games, Arcade Darts, Arcade Airhockey & Bowling, World of Pool and Arcade Pool (& Snooker) aren’t the only games that are back at the PSN. The FW 2.12 exploit title, Gamocracy One: Legend of Robot also returned to the PSN, which was used to exploit the PS Vitas firmwares 2.10 – 2.12. The only problem is, that you need a PS Vita with the firmware 2.61 for accessing the PSN, don’t you? Not necessarily. Just try the following method, which will help you to install some of your PSN titles to a PS Vita, which has a lower firmware than the most recent. This PS3 + OpenCMA trick is still working, and even can enable you to use an eCFW at your PS Vita, if your firmware is 2.02 or below.

Since the PS Vita exploit game chart is outdated at our lower FWs for dummies tutorial, have an updated version of the chart, which should be accurate now.

1. tangra_87’s avatar

I just can`t wait your K exployt Z , so I can play my Kingdom Hearts BBS :) Hope it would not be too much expensive .
    By the way nice job , and thanks for the info :)

1. fate6’s avatar

That belongs to TN not The Z

2. The Z’s avatar

Not my kxploit. It is total_noobs.

3. Obito’s avatar

Wanting to play BBS too xD.

4. Maning’s avatar

You can play BBS to your pc using ppsspp im playing it too.. you dont have to wait for the kernel xploit

i recommend you to visit the site: ppsspp.org

5. howieumd’s avatar

Are you saying TN has an unreleased Kernel Exploit or are you talking about an existing one? I’m on 2.02 Uno. I’m sure that once PS4 is released, there’ll be a new Vita OFW released by Sony to allow proper syncing between the units for remote play. Is this exploit (if you’re saying there’s a new Kernel one out there) being held until then? That’s the biggest thing I’m concerned about with my Vita, whether to keep my 2.02 Kernel exploit or upgrade to higher OFW at that time to allow syncing to PS4 if there’s a required OFW needed to do so once it’s released.

1. Dmaskell92’s avatar

He/She means a PSP emulator running on PC.

2. Dmaskell92’s avatar

Oh I read that a bit wrong, my apologies. TN says he will release a new Kernel when PS4 releases. So yes he basically has a unreleased Kernel. I didn’t see any POC or anything to prove his claims, but this is TN we are talking about.

2. Jonny’s avatar

Hi, i buy the arcade darts, but i update my psvita to fw 2.61, now i see the arcade darts in psn, but when i try to download it i see “cannot download using a PS Vita system”.
    Why?. Thank you.

1. The Z’s avatar

Which store? US Store?

I can download all the exploit games via my EU PSN Store account.

3. TheMole’s avatar

Just wondering could you download to a 2.61 system, then backup using OpenCMA, then restore onto ANOTHER Vita that’s at a lower Firmware version?

1. omar rana’s avatar

yes it should work if both vita s are activated with the same account.

2. The Z’s avatar

Yes. If you have a second vita, that is activated with the same account, as the 2.61, then its possible to download the exploit titles with the 2.61 vita, back it up via CMA and transfer it to the non-2.61 Vita.

1. whackm’s avatar

Do you really need OpenCMA? If you had two vitas one at 2.61 and one lower, could you just plug the memory card into the 2.61, download, and then pop the card back into the Vita at a lower version?

Assuming both are activated on the same account?

1. RP’s avatar

No. Vita storage cards track firmware versions. A card formatted for 2.02 won’t work on 2.61 without an “update”, and once updated for 2.61 it can’t be used on an earlier firmware without reformatting it. Specifically to prevent you from doing what you describe.

4. GuitaristMatt’s avatar

What? Did the Z just write a blog article? I don’t think I have seen that in a while.

1. The Z’s avatar

My first (blog) article at wololo, to be specific.

1. Dmaskell92’s avatar

I thought so too, congratulations.

5. owanef’s avatar

Sony gonna banned vitas now :0 ?????

6. phil87700’s avatar

Good news but still waitng for TN-V for GOLOR – VHBL ;-)

7. Hellbelial’s avatar

I have Arcade Darts so is now working? i dont understand.

8. veelk’s avatar

If Sony would only make something that allowed us to play UMDs on our Vitas, they wouldn’t need to deal with exploitable games.

9. Lucas’s avatar

The Z. Your article is very poorly written. Many grammatical errors. Interesting topic, yet the sentences made me cringe.

1. Dmaskell92’s avatar

If i’m not mistaken, English isn’t his Native language. That’s kind of a hit below the belt. I think he did fine.

10. brunoso’s avatar

Great, now we just need a way to downgrade ours consoles!!!

11. Stef’s avatar

bonjour et merci moi j’ai un souci j’ai telecharger le jeu arcade darts sur le store de ma ps3 parce que sur ma ps vita je ne peux puisque quand je veux aller sur le store il me dit que j’ai une mise a jour a faire.
    Donc je voulais savoir comment transferer le jeu arcade darts de ma ps3 à ma ps vita car je n’y arrive pas sa me met mise a jour disponible quand je branche ma vita sur la ps3 même quand je désactive le wifi c’est la même chose

12. magus’s avatar

so im on 2.12 and have been waiting for gamocracy to come back on checked it today its there but not up for purchase is this only me or is it other people as well?

13. Wolf’s avatar

I downloaded the air hockey game but when I use the open cma trick to copy from ps3 to psvita it wont appear in my download list. Can somebody help me?

14. Stef’s avatar

j’ai essayer la methode ps3+ methode cma sa marche toujours pas de solution à mon probléme

15. ResleyZ’s avatar

My Vita is on 2.60, does that mean if I download one of those arcade games, I could still use the exploit, or did they patch the games?

16. Stef’s avatar

j’ai réussi à mettre l’exploit sur ma vita je l’ai installer mais comment mettre et installer des emulateurs et homebrow svp parce que quand je branche ma vita sur mon pc il me dit toujours que j’ai une mise à jour sur ma vita et donc je ne peux pas faire de transfert entre mon pc et à ma vita

1. wololo’s avatar

Utilisez OpenCMA

17. stef’s avatar

merci
    est-ce que quelqu’un serait comment on fait pour installer les emulateur sur ps vita 2.60 ainsi que les roms parce que exemple j’ai 2 jeux sur l’emulateur emu master et quand je cherche mes jeux je les vois nul part il y en a que un qui se lance