Another VHBL port to PS Vita firmware 2.61 brings the number to 4

Although Hacking the Vita itself has proven to be very difficult in the past years, controlling at least partially the psp emulator inside it seems to be something the hacking community has now mastered. We announced recently that at least 3 working VHBL implementations exist on Firmware 2.61, and KanadeEngel apparently has a 4th one. Check the video below.

At this point it is difficult to know if all 4 exploits are on different games, but it might very well be the case. In this video shared by The Z, we see KanadeEngel’s VHBL port run a gameboy color Zelda game, through famous emulator Masterboy (a.k.a emumaster). No information yet as to which stores have the exploitable game (although since the author seems to be German, it is a safe assumption that the game is available on the European PSN store), or if a release is planned.

In related news, Japanese developer 173210 announced that Qwikrazor87 was able to help him overcome memory issues on his own exploit, allowing him to run advanced homebrews through VHBL.

1. italkgame’s avatar

Congrats

2. Ryan’s avatar

That’s right, keep it up gents. Wonderful work as always.

3. xPhoenix777’s avatar

Nice! Hopefully they can keep the exploits over the next few months… The PS4 push will most likely have some updates to the Vita.

4. 1998adam8991’s avatar

One Question, I strongly think you guys should give us a heads up before telling us the exploited game, it’ll keep us prepared to update (if on a lower exploited firmware)and know when to top up our wallets, because most of us miss the games because they get taken down D:

1. wololo’s avatar

There’s usually up to 4 weeks of heads up. If you haven’t realized how ninja releases work by now, the problem is on your end.

2. PlaGeRaN’s avatar

If you haven’t heard of RSS feed you really shouldn’t be here.
      Most phones can handle RSS or has an app for it.

That’s how I find out before the games are removed.

5. Chief’s avatar

Four 2.61 exploits & not one released, sort it out will ya. going impatience over here :-)

1. JHewk’s avatar

Here’s an idea, find your own exploit and stop complaining

2. titegtnodI’s avatar

I doubt 2.61 will ever see a release. There’s no point, the entire patch was just to block VHBL. We’ll have to wait for at least 1 more update to the Vita.

6. capcomlegend’s avatar

NICE!!!!!,the CEO’s of Sony by now prob has a picture with Wololo’s picture on the wall throwing darts on it like a 1920′s detective hehehe

7. kupomogli’s avatar

Not about VHBL, but if any of you guys find out about an exploit, could you hold off on releasing it until the PS Vita TV comes out if it works on that?

I own a non exploited Vita to play retail games and an exploited Vita to play my PSP games and emulation. An exploited home console version of the Vita would be awesome :D.

8. Adams Myth’s avatar

Congratulations and many thanks for the effort!

9. All-StarGamer’s avatar

If I purchase the game that runs the exploit and jailbreak my Vita, will Sony ban my account from PSN? That’s the only thing I’m worried about.

1. wololo’s avatar

No, Sony has never banned VHBL users as far as we know.

2. Cat’s avatar

Yes, Sony will ban you if you do exploit. I recommend you DON’T do it.

I lost my PSN account a month ago because of this.

1. wololo’s avatar

Proof or it didnt happen. This is the first report ever I read about someone being banned for usig hbl or vhbl in more than 3 years, so I highly doubt that.

1. Giovanni’s avatar

It’s meaningless and not logic to say that you’ve been banned because of an Exploit on the Ps Vita. If you got banned, you may have used cfw on a ps3 or someone else used your PSID while plaing online. Sony has no chance to see if you modify the PsP Emu on the Vita and they can’t control your saved data to see if you use an exploited savegame. So you couldn’t get banned for this and you won’t ;) However, a VHBl is technically not illegal.

10. MMA JEDI’s avatar

Sony told me a new update is scheduled this month(Sept.)..talked to a guy yesterday on the phone. I called to complain that the Vita can’t use java and asked if that was something they may do in the future. I want Soundcloud and more stufffffs. ;P

11. Dmaskell92’s avatar

Pointless for me as I still have my 2.12 GOLOR exploit, and JeoWay made a tutorial that has me on PSN. No worries here! I can haz TN-V4 now? Kidding but seriously can’t wait.

12. Somehting Something Somehting Light Side’s avatar

you guys should get a bunch of exploits then release a few hours after each firmware update just to annoy Sony

1. wololo’s avatar

We kind of did that when tnv was released.

1. jonny2jo’s avatar

Wait Sony made a vita update in the name of wololo loool not bad at all!

13. hamidooo’s avatar

i want real exploit emulator vhbl for ps vita 2.61 and tuto thanks

14. Hellbelial’s avatar

No news about the new VHBL? weird,i hope Sony doesnt release another of their stupid patch,im also waiting for Rayman and still no news about it,just the old free august games also no sales.

15. Jake’s avatar

Time for a “root exploit” as was done on the PSP. We who have updated to 2.61 to play “Dragon’s Crown” are now stuck it seems…unless I acquire a 2nd PS Vita that has a much earlier version of the OS on it.

16. Nigga’s avatar

yes another exploit. and yes another scam to boost their sales

17. Franzken’s avatar

Keep hoping i remember when ps3 is virtually unhackable… Then bam failoverflow did it…. I was like one of the first one who had a jailbreak ps3 goodtimes but theirs so much drama back then aswell now its all drama haha

18. Fidosy’s avatar

Sony is a bitch,pissing off african hardcore gamers like me. Sony,gamers here will not subscribe on poor expensive data service to keep up wit ur antipiracy terms on ur crappy little toy

19. Sky Yuki’s avatar

Well more useless update coming up i guess

20. BamBucha’s avatar

А не проще хакать и патчить игры чем пытаться vita сломать??? я не в курсе многих событий и если такой вопрос задавался прошу прощения…

21. Matt’s avatar

Last time I hacked PlayStation portable product, it was PSP 1001 (w/ 2.xx – 3.xx). After downgrading to 1.5fw to customize the internal firmware (sounds, bootscreen, font etc..) I’ve been really into hacking my consoles.

Currently own a PS vita originally came with 2.60, without googling VHBL I upgraded to 2.61. Which is now hackable, so are you going to release this?

Other questions are in the PSP days. I could run homebrew, play PSX / PSP games from memory card, is it still possible with this hack?

Thanks :)