PS Vita: 2 more VHBL ports for firmware 2.61

We mentioned recently that both The Z and xXShinkirouXx are in possession of PSP exploits running on the latest Vita firmware 2.61, which was released yesterday.

They both took it one step forward by providing proof of concept videos of each on of their exploits running VHBL on Vita firmware 2.61.

This should not be a surprise to those of you who know how these exploits work (Sony only patch the “entry points” to VHBL, but not the “concepts” that let the PSP emulator run VHBL on the Vita), but it’s still good to know we still have options on the latest firmware.

On a side note, Yosh (wth) confirmed to me that the changes (in the PSP emulator) between firmware 2.60 and 2.61 are minimal, confirming that this firmware update was solely made to block the 2.60 Arcade darts exploits.

Enjoy the VHBL videos below :)

In his video, xXShinkirouXx shows Daedalus, Lamecraft (Minecraft clone on the Vita), Snes9xTYL, Bookr, Jelly Car, PSPlorer, gPSP running on the Vita 2.61.

The Z showcases Snes9xTYL, Masterboy (a.k.a. Emumaster), gPSP, and Wagic on his own VHBL port.

Release dates (if any) for both these exploits are still unknown, as well as (of course) the games these exploits rely on.

1. exo_gurei’s avatar

I wonder how many minis with vulnerabilities are left?

1. ReynkZ’s avatar

Probably endless or few, hackers and indie developers are always discovering new things; its kind of amazing if think about it.

1. nero’s avatar

I know a mini that crashes, but psplink refuses to work with me and show me the crash :/

2. hikarux3’s avatar

this will never end..

1. nero’s avatar

unless sony/game devs start making minis un crashable O.o

3. AndyEnsanity’s avatar

just goes to prove that us hackers will always be one step ahead of any patches.

4. Giovanni’s avatar

Is it already known if Total_Noobs new kernel exploit will work on the newest firmwares up till PS4 will be released?
    Just interested ;)

1. italkgame’s avatar

Kexploits can always be ported unto previous user exploits, correct me if I am wrong

1. Giovanni’s avatar

No I meant : TNs Exploit is for Arcade Darts on 2.60, will his exploit probably work with a new game on 2.61?

1. Giovanni’s avatar

OK read the post and saw that the kexploit will be released after ps4 release and perhaps after vita update 3.00

5. Vitality’s avatar

Still waiting for another PSP kernel exploit..I miss it since my last using with Uno exploit.

If it is discovered after Killzone released, I would definitely buy the second vita just to play PSP games.

6. phil87700’s avatar

All good things come to those who wait… :D

1. Yukon’s avatar

I’ve been waiting for my $9,999,999,999,999 for too long now.

1. ulianovish’s avatar

Really….Wonderfull you can explain me about you get do it :)

7. stop’s avatar

please stop wasting your freaking time with useless usermode exploits PSP is PSP, Vita is Vita, keep the PSP exploits on the PSP and just do something productive

1. nero’s avatar

sounds like someone is angry because they cant find and make the exploit them self ;)

1. stop’s avatar

grow a pair, i even bet you know less about programming than i do, you’re just another blind idiot who likes to waste time and money, “IDIOTS, IDIOTS EVERYWHERE”

1. schmief’s avatar

well if you do know about programming then why dont you make a native vita cfw? stop telling other people to do it asshole.

1. gunblade’s avatar

actuly i think first need a downgrader to downgrade to under 1.81(1.50) then i think u can install the coustume firmware

2. nero’s avatar

Buddy, I do know programming. It’s a little thing called college classes. I would love to see you build a simple hello world on a computer. I bet you can’t. The only reason I don’t share exploits is because my computer has an issue with psplink for some reason.

3. nero’s avatar

also, the one we call “stop”. if you think vhbl is a waste, why are you even on this website?

2. AndyEnsanity’s avatar

that is because atm there is no native vita exploit so the closest we get is psp exploits.
      Also the psp exploits on the vita are useful since you can map the 2nd analog stick on psp games making games like call of duty :road to victory much easier to play.
      Also i wouldnt hold my breath for a native hack it wont be happening soon if ever because there hase been no security flaw found that would allow that kind of exploit on the vita.

So how about you find something useful to occupy your time with instead of coming here to whine about how psp exploits are being used on the vita.

If you want a native hack so badly go find a exploit and report it here if you dont know how to code your hack or better yet if you know how to make your own vita cfw and become a legend in the scene.

1. xlovenuggetx’s avatar

hahaha i love that meme. another one read, “watch TV for 5 hours and no one cares. play video games for 5 hours and everyone loses their minds.” +1

8. Brando’s avatar

Yeah cool, stop showing off and share

1. AndyEnsanity’s avatar

theres most likely still bugs in it.
      They probally need to fix the bugs so that people wont complain about constant crashes or worst case scenario their vitas being bricked.

just chill out and wait.

9. Milla Maxwell’s avatar

I can’t stand The Z queer voice. lol

1. AlphaKiloCharlie’s avatar

The Z’s German accent is sexy.

10. phil87700’s avatar

Im still playing Elder Scroll on my N-Gage QD… :-)

11. AlphaKiloCharlie’s avatar

It’s Christmas already?

12. meler-andy’s avatar

yeah more VBL i dont see the point buying those games just for it ,after all when the game’s go public sony will give you week or so to enjoy Silly VBL ,and the money goes like Good Monthly Bonus for Sony ,,its like a big conspiracy(sudden game desipire and back again patched so i dont really care i have bought mini but never ussed ,on uno 2.0.2),and keep the minis alive and develop more holes in game on the other hand….would be nice to see Kexploit goin on :D

13. Dragar’s avatar

PSP and VHBL hacks are kinda useless now, PPSSPP can play most psp game fullspeed on an android phone, thus removing any need to play those backups on Vita. Plus android has full homebrew support with thousands of apps, games, and emulators available for free and occasionally a small cost. If there was an actual vita mode hack then we could see some awesome uses of the vita hardware, but until then PSP mode hacks are pretty pointless.

1. nero’s avatar

you havent played a psp iso on a vita have you? its a hell of a lot better then that retarded ppsspp crap that doesnt even run most games.

2. OR’s avatar

That is crap. Most PSP games do not work with PPSSPP and those that do are glitchy as hell.

1. Sky Yuki’s avatar

Errrrm It not glitchy at all
        I confirmed (except for dead or alive paradise)
        It can up scale resolution to HD (vita can’t)
        It can up scale texture to make it look a bit better (vita can’t)
        It can use anisotropic 16x (vita got bilinear)
        It can play back up game (lastest firmware can’t anyway)
        It run super fast even on smartphone pause and continue play without lag (ps vita go to sleep mode and tekken 6 lag after wake up) (but well smartphone can crash when pause)

14. Ryan’s avatar

Hey Wololo, or anyone who can answer this question for me.

I will try to keep this brief but no promises. Anyhow, I am on 2.60 and VHBL works great, I am playing my emulated games and homebrews just fine. However when I tried to connect to CMA (yes I am aware I am supposed to use Open CMA) it says “I need to update” or whatever.

The problem here is, I don’t know how to get around this. Every time I’ve tried to get Open CMA to work, it just hasn’t. I run both the run and the setdll files as admin and the run file says a bunch of stuff as I believe it should but when I run the setdll file, it just flashes up and then goes away in a split second. So I assumed that’s what it was supposed to do, but to no avail. It still doesn’t work and prompts me to update.

Now maybe I am just being an ignorant fool but I really don’t know what to do. If any of you could help me it would be greatly appreciated. If not I understand, you all do enough wonderful things as it is. It is wrong of me to ask more.

Thanks regardless, Ryan.

1. exo_gurei’s avatar

have you tried turning off your PC’s wifi or internet connection?

2. gunblade’s avatar

from the program folder of contenmanager run the files cma and downloader then run the run.batt then the setdll.ex then change the system lvo in the xml for the np system filles to 00.000.000

15. FreeMyVita’s avatar

Is it possible to run the Charles proxy on the homebrew windows emulator? if so then is it possible to by pass the update check by running the charles on your vita via windows emulation?

1. gunblade’s avatar

was thinking about pc emu on vita thought sony bl.oc.ked char.les pro.xy from psn…but u can bypass the update with pc so would think be the same thing with an emu on the vita… wat i was trying earlier was to do the ps3 proxy thing… did realy figure out the numers yet..

1. gunblade’s avatar

dident- realy figure out the numers yet tryied the psn .. the psn store… and sum static ports.think i got to figure out my pc ip …

16. This is for all the Mac users’s avatar

سمَـَّوُوُحخ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ ̷̴̐خ امارتيخ ̷̴̐خ

1. meler-andy’s avatar

heh coreText :D will kill Ios and mac :D

1. gunblade’s avatar

most of china running linux so i heard…

17. Levi’s avatar

So if I got Arcade darts I can’t update you guys barley give anything

1. Ryan’s avatar

I’m sorry what? Are you new to this scene, if you are then I understand however whenever there is a cfw, hbl, jailbreak, etc. You do not update. That’s just how it works.

Also for the record, these guys have done a shit ton.

18. Zz’s avatar

The Z is becoming ALL Show.. No Release…

1. Ryan’s avatar

Learn to be patient, it’ll help. It’s a good life skill.

19. Levi’s avatar

can I update and still use arcade darts?

1. Ryan’s avatar

No the exploit won’t work. It’s pick and choose, get the update or get to use vhbl

20. mixedfish’s avatar

I’ve repurchased an exploit for the 3rd time now, if Sony don’t announce a redesigned Vita by years end, i’d probably permanently have the Vita updated to continue playing my games.

I mean seriously, Dragon’s Crown, Killzone, Teraway, Ys: memories of celceta. Killer line up for me, that can’t be missed.

21. paulcute08’s avatar

Thanks for the hacker hacking psvita but what if they make a program that you can buy psn games for free like in android blackmarket… or raTher making a working code generator for loading up your walket on psn store…

22. 1998adam8991’s avatar

I have an in depth tutorial for NOOBS on my channel for the 2.60 VHBL exploit for all the games, its a very in depth guide, along with a clear speaking voice, good editing and perfect 1080p clear resolution :)

23. Hellbelial’s avatar

I wonder why when they show a game,always have to be Wagic and pokemon shit XD,adventure island,batman return of the joker,TMNT,Monsters in my pocket,megaman,there millions better games than pokemon shit.Well i updated just for instant game collection for Rayman,i will wait for the next exploit and i hope not to see lags and fps drops in snes,normally gameplay on castlevania and then when you pass to the second 1-2 the fps drops from 60 to 20 or 19,also neo geo has a little bit of lag in some parts.

1. Ryan’s avatar

Well sir that is called an opinion. You may not like those games, but whomever is making the video, probably does.

While I am an avid fan of Megaman (and pokemon, tbh) I don’t like to see people smack talking other games.

Opinions my friend, yours isn’t right, and neither is mine. That’s why they are called opinions. Just a personal preference. Show some respect next time, please.

1. Hellbelial’s avatar

??? It’s my opinion like you said,i didnt say “The guys is stupid” or something like that,read more carefully later,good yo hear that youre a Rockman fan,even after all these years im still playing Rockman 1!!! XD insane right?.

24. jake’s avatar

By “yosh” you mean yoshida, right? He actually confirmed that to you, wololo?! Wow, I thought he’d do anything to stuff you up lol (no hate on this website, I just thought he’d prefer not to talk to you guys)… Wierd o.O

1. wololo’s avatar

Haha, no, I meant the hacker known as ‘yosh’

25. xhost’s avatar

Vita another update incoming.
    Damn will this go on and on??guys discover an useless exploit Sony patches it.I am saying useless as all these hombrews can be run on the psp now.
    Until I see an exploit which can run within the vita all these are of no use.
    Devs do us a favor and stop these stupid exploits as this will reduce the useless firmware updates from sony and help us maintaining the vita in the long run
    This is just my point of view.

1. xhost’s avatar

or at least release exploits after long gaps

26. ulquiorrA_schifeR’s avatar

Will this usermode exploit be compatible to Total_N00b’s incoming kernel exploit??

27. Cronioc’s avatar

Wololo, plz, can you tell us more about the games at 2.61 version (if you have the news, ofc) ? I never went in time on any game since 1 year and a hlf i have this PS Vita and here I have a chance to have your homebrew ! Since I could not play anymore on wagic anywhere else, I would like so much to get it on my ps vita ! :)
    Thx for advance man. And btw, dunno why people say you are doing bad things / tempo while you do all this stuff for us and they continue to blame you anyway …

28. Lien’s avatar

n00b question, but I just brought a PSP Vita (I used to have a PSP Generation 1 many years ago) & like a dime bar updated it to 2.61. I only plan on using the Vita for Sega/Nintendo/MAME emulators (I’m old skool gamer & only want to play the stuff from late 80′s early 90′s) is there a working jailbreak for this yet firmware or are we still waiting for one?

29. olu2013’s avatar

i just got a ps vita working on 2.61. i want to be able to play snes games and other emulators. please how do i go about it?

30. peppergoat’s avatar

kudos to all them good hackers out there! keep up the good work and bless. just checking to see if there is any new vhbl cfw or software that can enable me play snes games on my ps vita 2.61. still waiting like you promised mr wololo. God bless you guys.

31. Sub1’s avatar

Maybe is there a date for release??

32. idea’s avatar

hey wololo , if you had a friend that is a maker of psv games , then could you let him make a game wih a bug in tha has a bug in so you can us that to create cfw???