Retro gaming with a Raspberry pi

hackinformer

I like to get everyone the right info and I like to help others get the most from there electronic devices. I enjoy playful cleverness and the exploration of technology. My Motto: You own it, you can do whatever you want with it.

You may also like...

1. BurningHaze74 says:

Cool. Will try it put when I get the time.

2. phil87700 says:

Busy right now, will deffinately give it a try… and blog about i… using GOLOR – VHBL 2.12..
    Thanks for the update.. hacinformer :-)

3. curious says:

fanjita?

4. mangosteam says:

ouya is great in emulating games too and nvidia new console

5. svenn says:

Nice to see some RPI stuff here! =)

6. Lennyvita says:

I own one of these. They are fun, enjoying to setup. I installed Openelec on mine and it works great as a media center. Even supports 720p movies.

I have not tried it as an emulator machine yet. I have read about some great uses for these little computers. People have used them from alarm systems to beer and liqueur dispenser. here is the link for bartendro.

A great machine for projects. just dont expect it too much at once, most smart phones are more powerful. but fun none the less. They can work with an Arduino and breadboard for fun projects.

• Have you tried XBMC on the pi? and I would like to try the Arduino GSM Shield. It allows an Arduino board to connect to the internet with your sim card from your phone,you can make/receive voice calls and send/receive SMS messages with it and browse the net too. It would be like a pc with 4g service but with your own sim card from your phone.

• lennyvita says:

openelec runs xbmc, then add navi-x it works great, a little slow on startup but does the job. it manages 720p movies. i dont work for openelec or sponsor, i just use it.

Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center (OpenELEC) is a small Linux distribution built from scratch as a platform to turn your computer into an XBMC media center. OpenELEC is designed to make your system boot fast, and the install is so easy that anyone can turn a blank PC into a media machine in less than 15 minutes.

the arduino board sounds great being able to add a sim, with both there is endless projects. i only have the raspberry pi. its all good fun

7. me says:

can the vita emulate a raspberry to emulate a vita back again?

• No but the raspberry pi can emulate the psp, but it’s to slow for that. I found one game,I could get working a old pinball game for the psp but that was still to slow to play.

8. speedbump says:

If anyone one here is going to purchase a Raspberry Pi I would suggest buying one that is made in the UK. The solder job is much better, The audio port is blue, and I don’t have issues with the power supply as i have with my China made one.

9. Steve says:

I’ve actually been looking for a way to build a system for my grandpa so he can play some of the old nintendo games and Retro Pi looks like it would work really well.