Release: VHBL 2.60 Update for Arcade Pool (& Snooker) – fixes error C1-2858-3

Those of you who have been trying to use our latest VHBL release on game Arcade Pool (& Snooker) were out of luck, as it seems a tiny bug made it to Qwikrazor87′s port on this specific game (both US and EU version).

Qwikrazor87 has found that one of the sound threads from the exploited games was not properly being deleted, ending up crashing the Vita. He fixed that and released a fix.

For those interested in the way VHBL works, you can picture it as a parasite that takes over a “target” (the exploited game). The idea is to free as much Ram as possible without crashing the exploited game in the process. This consists in deleting all the threads and modules of the game in a specific order. Sometimes we miss one when investigating how the game works, and this means it can crash the entire console eventually. Since a hacked PSP and a Vita don’t always behave the same way when one thread is left out, this problem probably went unnoticed initially.

But I digress, you can get the updated files below. Again, this is only useful for people who were seeing a C1-2858-3 error on the Arcade Pool (& Snooker) game.

Download

We updated the download links on our VHBL page.

If for some reason the links do not appear for you, check the source link below instead:

Source: Qwikrazor87 on /talk

1. 1998adam8991’s avatar

What about the broken link for Arcade Darts EU on VHBL?

1. The Z’s avatar

Use the Zload download links.

1. Gaeas’s avatar

I get a Sound erforderlich when I try to open a Rom With the snes Emulator – the the vita freezes. I use the VHBL on arcade darts EU… How Can i fix this?

1. Max7731’s avatar

I also SNES does not work on the U.S. version I expect a FIX to see if it will work after

2. berrios30’s avatar

hey z do you kno how to make a cheat list for the gpsp emulator

1. berrios30’s avatar

running 2.60 ps vita with the arcade darts

2. me’s avatar

Thank you mery much.

3. stavrosomo’s avatar

Thanks a lot for the release!!!

I have already tried VBHL on 2.60 and it working fine on the games i already tried.

Just to mentioned that i still received the C1-2858-3 error when i tried to copy some files from my pc to my ps vita. Other than that i did not get any errors or anything else.

GREAT WORK!!

4. BurningHaze74’s avatar

Dude. Vhbl is amazing!!! I can play emulators and wagic on my vita. When do you think that TN-V will be avaliable for vita.

1. giovanni’s avatar

as seen in an older news in here, Total_Noob will probably release his version of VHBL with a kernel exploit shortly after the Ps4 Update used for VITA has come. So you can expect it in ~3months or a bit earlier. ;)

5. Timothi’s avatar

The games are no more available for download from PSN Store?? :(

1. BurningHaze74’s avatar

I’m not sure. They might still be in the US store.

6. MacadelicHD’s avatar

Im on Arcade Darts (US) and I’m still getting the error message. My emulator starts but once I choose a rom it crashes. Help?

1. Nazgul’s avatar

Same here, i have this problem in World of Pool, Arcade Darts, and Airhockey&Bownling (All EU)

1. Gaeas’s avatar

Same Here. (eu-version)

1. bastien’s avatar

I dl “VHBL For Arcade Air Hockey & Bowling – EU (v2, 2013/08/25)”

But i have the same problem …. Any idea ?

7. Levi’s avatar

OK SO CAN SOMEONE MAKE A HOW TO PLAY GAMES AND USE THAT PSP HOMEBREW PLEASE

1. Hellbelial’s avatar

Follow this instructions,no matter what happen do not descompress the install.zip just do what he do.
      You have the arcade darts,so download this:

The pass is belial666,put it in ps vita and then find the route of your psv games like this for example:
      PSAVEDATA\b3b96ac006844c62 and inside that folder put the folder i upload to mega (b3b96ac006844c62 this folder might be diferent so dont worry if it doesnt show the same name that i have).After that use CMA and then pc to ps vita system,last option store save or something like that i have it on spanish that’s why i dont know what it says,is the option below playstation mobile to be more especific,then enter PSPTM/Others and then you will see a save data for Arcade darts,copy that to your ps vita and you will have the game save to run the exploit then just download the homebrew you want and copy them like you do with the save file of arcade darts.Here the emulators with some roms:
      nes roms were random i dont like Barbie games at all XD.And here a video example of how to put in the vita,the rest follow the video instructions.

My video example XD:
      Same password for all of the zip/rar files “belial666″.

1. berrios30’s avatar

how do u make a cheat list for the games in gpsp for the vita emulator

8. Hellbelial’s avatar

Snes doesnt work it freeze,mame i dont know how to make it work and the same for neo geo emulator.The rest is working fine.By the way,psp filer 6.6 doesnt work for me it get black screen and some time later an error apear and y have to reboot the arcade darts.

9. 1998adam8991’s avatar

A full in depth tutorial will be up for n00bz on my channel, one question, its obvious we have to wait for TN-V4 exploit until the PS4 comes out, but isn’t it easier if Total Noob used these newly discovered, exploited games and ported the older TN-V3 onto it (for the time being)?

1. giovanni’s avatar

seems not to be an easy thing to do it. I think you can’t port it in an much easier way than develope a new one.

1. LoLqPeZ’s avatar

You can’t ‘port’ TN-V to any of the 4 exploits released recently. TN-V needs kernel access, but the current exploits only have usermode access. TN might release a new kernel exploit some time later and port TN-V to that.

Please correct if wrong

10. ivo’s avatar

c3-14978-9
    cma error

11. ivo’s avatar

can not connect to network

12. x-eye’s avatar

Is there any danger of bricking the vita with this stuff?

1. me’s avatar

i think no, all apps running in sandboxes.

13. ivo’s avatar

hi, i think a tutorial might be needed
    i used vhbl homebrew preparer
    but must see that i cant copy install.zip in capitals
    on any save cma just doesnt do it

vhbl darts gets no homebrew becuz of it

a tutorial or a faq or howto page
    detailing howto transfer homebrew for each version of vhbl ?
    thanks

14. ivo’s avatar

hi, finally succeeded installing deadalus r13
    no thank to homebrew preparer :)

15. yuyuyu’s avatar

Will there be a fix for the Snes Emulator? All i wanna do is play some Chrono trigger and Earthbound on the go with my vita.

16. Hellbelial’s avatar

Psplorer and File 6.6 doesnt work,any other choice to erase homebrews that i dont need?.

1. Antichrist84’s avatar

pspfiler works for me with Arcade Darts (EU)

1. Z’s avatar

PSPFiler 6.6?

2. Hellbelial’s avatar

Some of the files doesnt just freezes the vita but i found one that i works,also i made work neo geo and mame so great to have king of fighters,rage of the dragons,svc chaos and matrimelee on the vita.

17. synapze’s avatar

I downloaded one of the exploited games to my PS3 because I my Vita is still on FW 2.12. Tried to transfer the game to my Vita and install VHBL but the game was already removed from PSN. Now I can’t transfer the game until the game is put back on PSN :( I guess this is a classic case of self-pwnage lol oh well.

Thanks to wololo and all the devs that make VHBL/eCFW and this site possible. Keep up the great work.

1. giovanni’s avatar

If you’ve already downloaded the game to your ps3 and you connect your vita it usually has to work. It worked for me too with the new exploit games after they’ve been removed from the German SEN(PSN).

1. synapze’s avatar

The exploited games aren’t showing in my list of games I can transfer to my Vita. Based on some searching on the forum, if the game is blacklisted by Sony aka game has been pulled from PSN) you can’t transfer it from your PS3. From what I read, once it’s put back on PSN then I can transfer it.

Z: Yea I know I was being lazy and didn’t know about this issue when the game is pulled from PSN. I thought because it was on my PS3 already I could transfer it regardless, but apparently not. Oh well will just have to wait a bit.

2. Z’s avatar

should have transfered earlier

18. Dark’s avatar

Can we get a fix for ace darts please?

19. Haze7’s avatar

The Error for Arcade Darts (US) is also showing up. Please upload the fix.

20. PlaGeRaN’s avatar

Will have to test the old exploit. It seam RSA is linked to the Europe store. Will check in again after testing.

21. SSJ-Vita’s avatar

6.60 Arcade air hokey and bowling vhbl, any news for attempts at a working n64 and also is this the exploit currently limited to 32 mb? And also thanks for all the hard work NZP is fantastic on vita screen, much appreciated!

22. SSJ-Vita’s avatar

I said 6.60 hahaha. 1.60*

1. rjwboys’s avatar

you mean 2.60?

1. SSJ-Vita’s avatar

Yeah I was tired as hell lol

23. ivo’s avatar

hi, so is it normal that deadalus r13 works but cant detect roms ?
    i mean that it looks in ms0:/psp/game/daedalus/roms
    and not in vhbl dir instead of game dir and ms0:/n64 dir
    it allso looks in

so i wanted to develop some menus for vhbl so my question is are any of the vhbl menus opensource ifso where
    i wanted to look into getting evolutionx and avalaunch like with xbox before 360 or one (the old one)

if anybody cares let me know right here

then the last issue i have is with vitaftp not detecting ipadress and shutting down
    so shutdown on ftp … any works around ?

24. schmief’s avatar

lol you guys should’ve stayed with GOLOR exploit. i did. me and qwikrazor87 is homies.

25. Hanky’s avatar

Qual será o próximo TN-V para o PSvita ?