(Android) Make phone calls for free in the US and Canada

hackinformer

I like to get everyone the right info and I like to help others get the most from there electronic devices. I enjoy playful cleverness and the exploration of technology. My Motto: You own it, you can do whatever you want with it.

You may also like...

1. Hene193 says:

It’s really nice to see something else than Playstation news all the time :) Thank you.

• ForsakenWulf says:

Agreed! i like to see these posts.
      But i like to see informatative ones like this.
      This is actually useful and informative. There are some where its like people dont care because its not a practical thing they can use!

• Chasez671 says:

I agree. These kinds of posts are interesting and very helpful!

2. Dallox says:

I wish this was available in Europe.. :(

3. linkedot says:

m already amazed by gooe chrome cast, they r really busy those googly guys ! thanks for the news

4. Lytera says:

Is it just me or is this one of those apps sony should have put on the vita, free calls over wifi yes please.

5. NECROMANCER says:

its not like we get alot of breaking news on the hacking scene everyday so its nice to have something to read while we wait for the next big hack

6. SsJVasto says:

I use MagicJack

7. GottZ says:

you do know voip is an inbound feature of android that does not require any app?

8. BeastyX says:

There’s also a solution for iPhone users, but only if your jailbroken. There’s a tweak you can get through Cydia called Google Voice Phone. It itergrares Google Voice into the iPhones phone module.

9. Renzo says:

Doesn’t Google voice come preloaded in all android devices?

10. GuitaristMatt says:

I’d like more of this kind of thing, but this specific one feels like an advertisement. I’ve used VoIP apps before and they are usually ok. There is major lag at times, and an horrible echo other times.

11. TelgarDrakore says:

I think as long as this kind of thing is mixed in with the vita news which honestly is often pretty sparing in itself, then its fine to have off topic stuff like this one the website. Maybe 2-3 times a week have something off topic would be nice, just not every day.

12. John_Scott says:

Why not just use Viber? it is on android and iOS.

13. giovanni says:

Istn’t it just a slightly lighter version of “viber – free calls and messages” which is available for free on iOS and Android? If not I would have understood it wrong.

14. Theredbaron says:

There is also a program called Talkatone : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.talkatone.android

I have used it for quite a while, and it does work nicely.

15. oO Flowzilla Oo says:

This is pretty interesting. I’m bookmarking this.

16. xlovenuggetx says:

i like seeing the other types of news. nice find.

17. jlo138 says:

I use google voice app for iOS. All you need is a gmail email and set up google voice from a PC. Then you can pick your phone number and its free calls and text through wifi. The receiver doesn’t even need the app. I used to use talkatone, but GV had better reviews and when I tried it the calls were clearer.

18. lowsnamebrand says:

I love the android related posts, I would love to hear a review/feature on CyanogenMod maybe a history lesson it’d be a good read, especially for those who don’t know what it is

19. icyheart says:

Thanks Iam From Saudi Arabia AND I want article like this more

20. Nate says:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! Finally this app is getting the coverage it deserves! Iv’e been using this since February and I’d have to say overall saved me 5 arms and 6 legs, considering I do a lot of calling. Its a great app, and I’m glad I’m starting to see some good android stuff on here! :D

21. sudodmz says:

Thought viber, tango & co are doing the same thing. Nice to have platform overlapping/independent news though