Release: VHBL for Vita 2.60 by Acid_Snake and Qwikrazor87

Important note: at the time of this writing, it seems the games are still available in the US store. If you’re in another country and missed the exploits there (they have been removed at least in EU), you can create a US account (explanation here) and buy some US PSN Credit from Amazon (explanation here) to get the games in the US.

At this point I must admit that I’m lost about the ins and outs about this recent exploit announce for the Vita 2.60, but I’ll state what I know: the exploit (or at least part of it, since the same exploit is available in several games from the same company) was most likely found by several hackers, and several of them worked independently on porting VHBL to it.

Acid_Snake precised to me that many hackers found this exploit independently, and that most of them worked together in order to keep the secret. The first public announce (a few days ago, on another website) of the exploits which triggered this “messy” release has been confirmed to not be a leak, just poor communication from other devs who were working independently on the exploit. The whole thing was in the end just a sad coincidence, but we’ll try to give more precisions about this in a further article.

Nevertheless, what we are releasing exclusively today is what I believe to be the most advanced and highest quality VHBL ports available for these exploits, following Acid_Snake’s announce yesterday. Not that I think other VHBL ports around here for the Arcade Dart exploits are bad, but because I’ve personally worked close enough with Acid_Snake and Qwikrazor87 over the past few months that I trust their skills, experience and the amount of beta testing their work has gone through. At the end of the day, a VHBL port still involves some craftsmanship and I’ll trust people with experience (Qwikrazor had done an incredible job on the 2.12 release not so long ago) more than anyone else.

That being said, know that other VHBL ports for this exploit are floating around the interwebs, and you might want to give them a try if this release is not satisfying to you, for one reason or another. We just won’t offer the same amount of support for these “other” releases than we can offer for Acid_snake’s work.

While I’m at it, for other hackers who made a VHBL port of this, let me remind everyone that VHBL is released under the gplv3 license, and that if you distribute binaries, you should distribute your sources as well. Beyond all the drama, let’s please respect the open source license of the original HBL/VHBL creators who, for the most part, have nothing to do with any of the recent mess.

Hmm, now that this is out of the way, I am proud to release the files for VHBL on Vita 2.60, from Acid_Snake and Qwikrazor87. Credits go to (copy/pasted from Acid_Snake’s announcement):

• - Acid_Snake, who originally found the exploits in Pool Hall Pro and World of Pool.
  • - Frostegater, who found the same exploit in Arcade Darts, confirming that more than one game had the same vulnerability.
  • - qwikrazor87, who ported VHBL to Arcade Airhockey and Bowling, as well as his great work in the community.
  • - The Z, for confirming the games’ availability in all stores.
  • - All of Console Heaven’s VIP members, who kept this exploit hidden for so much time.
  • - Fate6 and gdljjrod, who pointed out that Pool Hall Pro was secretly patched in 2.60
  • - Total_Noob and the PRO Team for their great work on the scene.
  • - Wololo, who made the initial VHBL port of Pool Hall Pro a possibility and his great work in the scene.

These files will let you run homebrews on a Vita 2.60, as long as you own a legit copy of one of the following games:

• Arcade Darts
  • Arcade Airhockey & Bowling
  • World of Pool
  • Arcade Pool (also known as Arcade Pool & Snooker in Europe)

Donations

If you enjoy this work, please consider making a donation to Acid_Snake here, or to Qwikrazor here. Thanks for them :)

Download, install, and run

The Download links are on our VHBL page, as usual. Install and run instructions can be found there as well. (there are lots of files here, so apologies in advance if I messed up a link or two. Just kindly let me know if anything goes wrong, and I’ll fix it asap!).

For pre-packaged homebrews, please do check Smoke’s giant VHBL Homebrew thread here

Enjoy! Please report success/failure, post videos screenshots… go crazy and spread the word! :)

1. Francois’s avatar

How do you managed to make gpSP work ? When you load a game, the app crashes. I am not able to start any of my roms but the app starts.

2. trunk208’s avatar

this is so far the fastest exploit released I ever seen :O

3. NNNRT’s avatar

I have a feeling that way too much people got this exploit. :P

4. Charme’s avatar

Looks like they’re down in the US now…

Ah, well. Guess I was too late.

5. yoon’s avatar

nice finally got the exploit good job guys!:) and i got something to ask here. where can you download gpsp roms

6. mikey’s avatar

got the vhbl airhockey and will nintendo 64 emulator be available with it!? cus its not right now..thanks tho this is amazing

7. Netrix’s avatar

When I try the exploit on Arcade Pool (not & Snooker), I get “An error has occurred. (C1-2858-3)”…

8. alejandro’s avatar

When I try the exploit on Arcade Pool Us I get error (C1-2858-3)

1. qwikrazor87’s avatar

My bad, there is a sound thread that is crashing, I didn’t notice it.
      I’m gonna be out for a few hours, when I get back I will resolve the problem.

1. Netrix’s avatar

(To wololo) Will there be a blog update when the fix is ready? I imagine this is affecting a good amount of people, including me. (To wololo, quikrazor87, and Acid_Snake) Thanks for all you do for us.

1. wololo’s avatar

Yes, we’ll do our best to make every update as widely known as possible

9. delta191’s avatar

The download for Arcade Pool (also known as Arcade Pool & Snooker in Europe) is cocked up guys, Its actually a “legend of Robot” download, it shows up when you copy it to your vita through opencma.

can you check the download plz, its why everyones getting An error has occurred. (c1-2858-3)

think you’ve uploaded wrong file.

10. ManOverboard’s avatar

I got gPSP working time to test out some other Emulators And homebrew. Thanks for everybody who made this possible :b

11. elbarto’s avatar

lovely. PSN refused to accept my billing info to buy. bought a PSN card today…..and theyre all down.

well played sony. you win this round.

at least I still have a 2.02 vita – just would have been nice to see the new features put to use on a 2.60

12. Ivan’s avatar

i got the vhlb but there is no image in the back and the snes emulator does´t work for me any ideas?

13. yoon’s avatar

I try to install gpsp and it wouldnt work for me got an error so i try to erase it with psp filer 6.6 but then i get this error from psp filer 6.6(c1-2858-3)

1. yoon’s avatar

nice it actually works now! thanks! :)

1. Hellbelial’s avatar

Same here i get black screen and then it stop working.

14. so good’s avatar

all 4 games remove for psn

15. Maning’s avatar

its a great piece of work but honestly i can play little games in my pc & i cann use ppsspp for playing PSP/PS3 ISO (but not all)in my laptop.. soo… hehe

_____________________________________________________________

-English is not my native language

16. iShadowX’s avatar

Shut!! Not available anymore. Guess I will have to wait a couple of years for another exploit…

1. wololo’s avatar

We’ve publicly released 11 exploits in the past 16 months on this site alone, that’s more than 1 exploit every 2 months on average, not sure where your “couple years” estimate is coming from.

1. Charme’s avatar

Yup, I’m honestly just going to wait for the next one. I’m really excited that this one’s making everyone so happy, though!

17. Bastien’s avatar

On the EU version of Arcade Airhockey & Bowling o have the same problem of Arcade Pool (also known as Arcade Pool & Snooker in Europe) “An error has occurred. (c1-2858-3)”

18. mike’s avatar

gotta make the emulator compatibility list bigger for arcade airhockey & bowling all i got is like atari lol

19. Infam0us’s avatar

Hmmm then hopefully in two months time a new exploit will be released.

20. Nicholas’s avatar

I run the exploit on Arcade Darts (EU) and I made sure that I had the EU version as I matched the numbers up from a save I made and the exploit save.

No matter which menu I try (VHBL stock or 138Menu), when I exit a homebrew application like gPSP or most apps, I get a crash and then would get a popup of “An error has occurred. (c1-2858-3)”.

I don’t have Arcade Pool/AP&S, this problem happens to me on AD.

21. Jomann’s avatar

whats the deal wololo? I didn’t get an email this time…

22. dexter’s avatar

very good work. compatibility is stuff to check, but overall it works fine. I think there is a issue when VHBL tries to assign/free memory, so the thing is just retry (or just shutdown/power PSViTA and do it again)

Congrats!

BTW. is there a way to “transfer” already buyed game to another system?

23. TheAmazingAtheist’s avatar

Is PSP WiFile Transfer working on 2.60?

1. TheAmazingAtheist’s avatar

Or FTP?

24. Bucko’s avatar

I got the arcade air hockey and bowling, but when I go to transfer it to my ps vita, it doesn’t show up in my menu under psp titles. Using the opencma pc ps3 swap trick. Is Sony somehow blocking the game from installing on my vita? I also noticed that the game is missing from my download list. And yes it is on my ps3 in bubble form and hasn’t been installed. Any thoughts or suggestions.

25. 2020_worldwide_services’s avatar

hey guys I’ll be selling my ps vita with VHBL, 32gb memory stick,3 games, a controller type grip and more extras.
    I will post it on ebay. My store ID is 2020_worldwide_services if you’re interested. I will post it tomorrow.

26. Uiler’s avatar

I can not install emulators on my ps vita appears so FTP is no vita emulator I place appears to be installed

27. bastien’s avatar

I dl “VHBL For Arcade Air Hockey & Bowling – EU (v2, 2013/08/25)”

But i have the same problem …. Any idea ?

28. chapas’s avatar

Still on 2.12 here, there is no way to get “Gamocracy One: Legend of Robot” now right, it’s already asking to upgrade to 2.60?

Thanks,
    chapas

1. chapas’s avatar

Any point in keeping this version?

29. guido pabia’s avatar

how can i install vhbl on psvita

· 1 · 2