Wololo is 5 year old, and to celebrate, one of you gets to win a PS4!
Woohoo, the cat’s out of the bag! I’ve been restraining myself from even mentioning this one to our mods or some of my closest friends here in the community, because I feel it’s so big it had to be kept a surprise.
So here we go. As you know by now Wololo.net turns 5 this year. We’ve been celebrating by giving away $120 worth of PSN codes throughout the month, and in order to conclude the giveaway with a bang, this is what we’re going with: I’m giving away a PS4 to one of you guys. As a matter of fact, Sony made sure their console would be ready for preorders in time for this event, they’re really great guys
Seriously though. It’s simple: I’m going to give away a PS4 to one of my followers on twitter. The winner will be chosen randomly at the end of the month among those who retweet this tweet. So, to clarify again:
Now, this is not your typical $20 present here, so I need to be clear on a few things:
- I will need the winner to send me their email address for further contact, to arrange the shipping and all that stuff. Do not participate if you are not willing to disclose your email address to me
- Although it is possible with the retailer for me to ship something to you without knowing your physical address, I’ve never tried to do that so if that fails I *might* ask the winner for their real name and shipping address. Therefore, please do not participate if you are not willing to share your real name and/or your shipping address with me.
- The personal information mentioned above will only be used for shipping the prize and I will not resell it or use it for any promotional purposes
- The Prize is a “vanilla” PS4, specifically this one. It does not include any additional accessories or games.
- The Prize is a preorder. The actual product will ship in Q4 2013 and I don’t control the date.
- The PS4 ships from a US retailer (Amazon), to a selected number of countries. The PS4 will be a US PS4, with all limitations that might come with it. I do not know all the details, but the winner might for example have to buy an A/C adapter compatible with their country.
- It is possible the retailer will *not* ship to your country (Update: Although they used to ship to “some” countries, they currently only ship to the US , details here). In that case, I will offer you $400 in US PSN Codes instead of the PS4
- The winner may refuse the prize for any reason. In exchange, I can send them $400 in US PSN Codes if they prefer.
You might think “this is too big, I never win these things”… but keep in mind that given the relatively small size of our community, you have a decent probability of winning, compared to, say, winning the lottery, or winning such an electronic device on your typical mainstream technology website
Oh, another thing people have been asking me several times: If I have this huge present to give away, why not make a homebrew contest instead? There are 2 reasons, 1 is that organizing a homebrew contest represents a huge amount of time that I sadly don’t have anymore, and 2 is that with a simpler contest, more people get to participate
Good luck everyone!