Announcement: I will release a new usermode exploit soon

[Note from wololo: this article is not by me, but by Acid_Snake. Just want to clarify this before the wrong guy gets praises for his work ;) ] I know, I know, Gamocracy was just released for the previous firmware, why release another one? well keep reading.

Like I said, there are a few reasons why I want to release a new exploit right after Gamocracy was released not so long ago, here they are:
- Total_Noob might release a new kernel exploit
- Firmware 2.60 is a big update
- This exploit, afaik, is available at least in EU and US, and should also be available in Japan and other territories, allowing for more people to have access to at least VHBL.
- The exploit’s compatibility is a lot better than Gamocracy, Apache, and most other previously released VHBL exploits.

Now, let me make this clear: THE EXPLOIT WILL BE RELEASED WITH VHBL UNTIL TN CONFIRMS A NEW KERNEL EXPLOIT, so I don’t want anyone asking “d0es it pl4y 1S0s?” cause I’ll directly ignore you. If TN decides to release a kernel exploit, YOU WILL SEE THE NEWS HERE, until then: VHBL IS ALL YOU GOT. I know I sound harsh, but it’s a pain how the forums becomes bloated with people asking the same questions over and over again when the answer can easily be found with little to no effort.

On the other hand, I will continue to feed you with news on the development on this: FAQs, Compatibility List, Tech Support through the forums, any possible kernel exploit release, etc, so don’t hesitate to ask questions that are hard to find the answer for.

Last but not least, if you find someone leaking the name of the game on some other forum, news site, or whatever, tell me or wololo by PM, at the end of the release I will give a 20$ PSN code to the person who reports most leaks.

Have fun with the exploit, eCFW or not.

1. DarkenLX’s avatar

when vhbl exploits are made is there any effort to try to make sure the game used does not cost alot?. not everyone is able to buy stuff off ps store for various reasons.

1. wololo’s avatar

Yes, the price is taken into account. See this article from last year on the subject: http://wololo.net/2012/12/18/psp-exploits-and-the-vita-how-hacking-psp-minis-became-relevant/

2. sdf’s avatar

will these make vita read vita/psp backups?

1. avasdv’s avatar

o.m.g. read..

2. Casavult’s avatar

Read the damn post!

“Now, let me make this clear: THE EXPLOIT WILL BE RELEASED WITH VHBL UNTIL TN CONFIRMS A NEW KERNEL EXPLOIT, so I don’t want anyone asking “d0es it pl4y 1S0s?” cause I’ll directly ignore you. If TN decides to release a kernel exploit, YOU WILL SEE THE NEWS HERE, until then: VHBL IS ALL YOU GOT.”

3. luis’s avatar

why not announce three sets exploitable (or more), two are lying and only one is the exploitable to have if sony so takes longer to withdraw the game.

1. Alexander’s avatar

It would be the same, we would have to buy a few games, that cost us a lot more money, and sony would remove all the suspicous games for a couple of days, until they get the real. So, the sadly truth is that Ninja Release is the best way to do it… PS: sorry for the bad english

4. internally-blazed’s avatar

Thanks Acid_Snake!

I’ll update my vita to 2.60 and await this!

5. Gyugyu’s avatar

Usually how much time do we have before they remove the vhbl? Hours, days?

1. Lennyvita’s avatar

VHBL will stay for ever and is available here. If you mean the exploited game it is usually a day or two at the most. If you wait a week it is too late. exploits are provided by ninja releases in the forums. Sign up and in time you may get notified of the next ninja release. The best way to not miss the next exploit is to sign up on the form and check regularly.

if you are notified of the newest exploit you should get that game as soon as possible, if not instantly. Sony will pull the game once it is known to them. so to answer your question it is hours to a few days.

6. pspfanMOHH’s avatar

@Lennyvita vHBL is limited source to amount of vita/psp games and minis there are

@Acid Post the leak reports have to have proofs or else for example some can randomly point to me

7. joey’s avatar