PSVita TN-V Update Coming, Possibly New Kernel Exploit Release Soon

Yes, you read the title right.

As most of you know its been some time since the last PSVITA pspemu kernel exploit was released; with the last one being released on firmware 2.02 with the UNO exploit. So for those of you waiting for the next release there is some very good news on the horizon.

Developer Total_Noob is hard at work on an update for the highly popular PSVITA Custom Emulator Firmware TN-V. The update will bring some new features such as increased memory support, bug fixes and hopefully some fixes for some issues on TN-V3. But in addition we may see a new kernel exploit release from TN soon. The kernel exploit, when and if released, will be for the firmware that’s available at that time and would work on previously released exploits. Along with that, TN-V4 would be ported to the new kernel exploit release and the latest firmware.

As to when we will see either of them, nothing to confirm right now but well keep you updated with some more information in due time; make sure to check back. And while this sounds great, I would highly recommend not updating and losing your kernel exploit if you have one until things are set in stone.

TN is currently holding a little poll in the forums if you’d like to see TN-V4 and a new kernel exploit release, so make sure to go vote to let him know you do!

1. Colorless-Scream’s avatar

:Question:

I would think that this exploit would be through one of the programs located on the Plastation store like the last one, right? Well, if that is so…then how would be someone be able to access them if people can’t get to the Store without updating their Vita.

Sorry if I sound like some kind of dumbass or something. I have to admit that I’m new to ‘exploits’ and the sort so I seriously don’t know.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

The exploit is universal, so it would be ported to those that already have a usermode exploit on previous firmwares. But if they dont have any exploit, they could use a PS3 to transfer it.

2. asdfasdegf’s avatar

please stop caring about that psp kernel stuff and aim for the main thing, there is no intellectual gain in doing this over and OVER AGAIN

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Thats some good advice there, you should do it.

2. ...’s avatar

I don’t know if you read half the articles on here about attempts to hack the Vita and run native Vita code, but if you had, you would know that yes, people are working on it, and no, it isn’t as easy as you seem to think it is.

3. phil87700’s avatar

Somebody please tell me.
    Im on VHBL – GOLOR 2.12 Vita… Will i need a PS3 when this TN-V expolit is ported to GOLOR-VHBL.??????
    Please reply…coz im planning to sell my PS3…

1. Jd8531’s avatar

No you will not. If it is ported you’ll just need a PC to transfer the exploit over.

4. Mike’s avatar

Got voucher for early access public beta for Killzone™: Mercenary that begins on August 20th. But I’m on Vita 2.12 VHBL. I knew this would happen. Or should I update to 2.60 and get less memory when xploit arrives. Decisions, decisions.

5. Leon Soryu’s avatar

Hello there.
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but I would like to ask:

How is the progress on the PSX Sound Plugin for Vita?

Thanks.

1. Jd8531’s avatar

Its still being worked on AFAIK.

6. antonio’s avatar

Sorry to post the same question, but after the announcement of 2.60 exploit for vhbl, I was afraid about the possible impact of it on tnv4 release: my question is… the publicated exploit games are possible candidate for tnv4 or can I ignore them? Thanks a lot..

1. kid’s avatar

I also want to know. Should I buy them now?

· 1 · 2 · 3