Release: VHBL for Vita 2.12

Here it is, the long awaited VHBL release for Qwikrazo87′s VHBL port to the Vita Firmware 2.12!

So, before we give you the files, a bit of disclaimer: This VHBL port runs through an exploit in the game Gamocracy one: legend of Robot. We announced that game secretly to our community members over the past few weeks, and publicly a few days ago. Since then, Sony have pulled the game from their stores, and if history repeats itself, the next Vita firmware update will have a patch for the game. Bottom line is, if you read this article and don’t already have the exploited game installed on your Vita, you missed the opportunity.

Most of the development and testing has been done on the US version of the game, which goes with code number NPUZ00259. As is often the case, the EU version of the game (NPEZ00374) is also exploitable, but we discovered late in the game that it was available to some people using a trick involving a PS3, so it was less extensively tested.

Known issues

Not all homebrews will work with VHBL, head over to the gigantic VHBL Homebrew thread for details on what games work or not.

There is a bug with the default menu (wMenu) which might tell you with a red screen, something along the lines of:”Error! Couldn’t find any homebrews in ms0:/PSP/VHBL/ Please check your config file and/or restart VHBL”

If you see this error, don't freak out, just press LEFT TRIGGER

If you see this error, don’t freak out, just press LEFT TRIGGER

This is a known issue, and happens only as long as you don’t have any homebrew installed. To get rid of this error message, press the LEFT TRIGGER on your console, this will force wMenu to go to the SAVEDATA subfolder.

The issue is a simple one but I was too lazy to fix that. People with the right coding skills might want to have a look at the source of wMenu here and send me a patch.

alternatively, you can give a try to an other menu such as 138Menu here

Thanks for your support

Qwikrazor87 worked on this exploit on his free time and did not ask for anything in return.

If you want to show appreciation for his work, please consider making a donation below. Even a few bucks help!

Download and installation

Downloads can be found on the vhbl page, as usual

Enjoy, and please report bugs/success/trouble here. Post videos on youtube, I love those :)

1. evilevoke’s avatar

push the home button and close

1. geo’s avatar

i know that im saying when your playing the homebrew/game can i exit and then return to the vhbl menu again

2. owanef’s avatar

Why does it keep saying installed to mso:/

3. Nick’s avatar

I got VHBL installed, but just can’t figure out how to get the Homebrews loaded or even install. i can’t locate how to install either on this site. I guess i don’t know it to well….any help would be nice…just want a few homebrews installed

1. geo’s avatar

i can help you my friend but to make this easier do you have a skype account

1. evilevoke’s avatar

@geo, can you explain here step by step please ?

1. geo’s avatar

let me make a video and ima send you the link so u guys can watch it

2. owanef’s avatar

I have skyp. Add owanef but I only have it on vita :(

1. evilevoke’s avatar

Ok just post the link up here in reply …

2. geo’s avatar

OK ILL TRY TO EXPLAIN HERE
          STEP1:GET WINRAR ON YOUR COMPUTER
          STEP2:GET ANY PSP SAVEDATA THAT YOU MIGHT HAVE
          BECAUSE YOU GONNA NEED IT.
          STEP3:PUT THE PSP SAVEDATE ON YOUR DOCUMENTS/PSVITA/SAVEDATA/1b953680baf08420/YOUR PSP SAVE DATA/
          STEP4: GET THE HOMEBREW THAT YOU WANNA INSTALL AND RIGHT CLICK ON IT ADD TO ARCHIVE/ CHANGE THE NAME TO INSTALL.ZIP CLICK ON ZIP OPTION THEN GO DOWN AND CHANGE THE NORMAL TO STORE AND HIT OK .
          STEP5:NOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR INSTALL.ZIP GO TO YOUR DOCUMENTS/PS VITA/SAVEDATA/1b953680baf08420/YOUR PSP SAVE DATA/OPEN YOUR PSP SAVEDATA AND COPY YOUR INSTALL.ZIP THERE.

1. evilevoke’s avatar

Do you need open cma?

2. geo’s avatar

you dont need it unless your ps vita is below firmware 2.12 hey i made the video im give you guys the link

3. geo’s avatar

heres the link to who ever needs help installing homebrew http://youtu.be/WtBvgienNEw

4. MIKE’s avatar

what do you mean any psp savedata? i get a error message saying load failed 80110307

5. geo’s avatar

A SAVEDATA FROM ANY PSP GAME

6. mike’s avatar

hey i was wondering where can i get a psp savedata i never had one, this might be a dumb question

4. evilevoke’s avatar

@wololo any help ? files install but don’t show up on my ps vita

1. phil87700’s avatar

Press L (shoulder button) when on the VHBL page to see the installed games/homebrew.
      i.e after you you install the same.
      And R (shoulder button) to go back to savedata folders..

5. chu’s avatar

i got a ton of errors when i ran the openCMA run.bat file …. >.> so im guessing it didnt work…. any help?

1. wololo’s avatar

did you run it as adminsitrator?

1. chu’s avatar

that was it wololo thank you ….

but now after i installed gpSP i get this error

“Error in load/start homehook module.” :(

1. chu’s avatar

i did a google search to look for others with the same problem ;)

2. wololo’s avatar

use gpsp kai instead of gpsp. Not all versions of gpsp are compatible with VHBL. Check our forums

6. owanef’s avatar

I have failed :(

7. InuJulio’s avatar

I Have Problems To Open Snes9xTYL :(… How Install This??

8. Wenuz’s avatar

I managed to install it but it does not work! when I start a game it does not matter the blocks….

9. owanef’s avatar

I have wasted about six hours and now its time for me to give up before I waste another six trying to figure this out. Hopefully there will be a better version of this exploite and a good Tutorial cause I have gotten nowere. Thank you guys for the help u to Wololo but it just wasn’t enough, My final cry , WE NEED SOMETHING NEW :0

1. geo’s avatar

heres the video my friend dont give up never give up http://youtu.be/WtBvgienNEw

10. geo’s avatar

HAVE YOU GUYS WATCH MY VIDEO http://youtu.be/WtBvgienNEw DID IT HELPS YOU GUYS

1. evilevoke’s avatar

Nice video will try when I get home

11. owanef’s avatar

U are amazing. WOLOLO U MUST SHARE THIS PLEASE THERE ARE MANY IN tHE NEED

1. owanef’s avatar

I got it to install but it still did not load I have failed again :(

1. geo’s avatar

not all homebrew work

12. kenn’s avatar

i ve been trying to load the vhbl but everytime i click the load file the game blacks and the vita gives me an error code i have the initial release US version somebody help :(:(:(

1. wololo’s avatar

don’t try to load anything, go to the “high scores” section of the game

1. kenn’s avatar

thanks after a while of being dumb i figured i would have to use highscores

13. owanef’s avatar

Holy crap Prometheus Iso loader is working but how do I get iso on my vita any ideas??

1. phil87700’s avatar

For that to work you’ll need a kernel exploit…
      which this is not…

14. ryan’s avatar

My literally going crazy here im installing emulators and no roms work im going to give up and sell my vita @wololo please help

1. RickyD’s avatar

There’s a number of reasons for roms not to work. You could be using a bad set. You could be using a no-intro set without headers. You could be missing your system BIOS file which has to be added in manually since it’s illegal to distribute it with emulators

You give no info about what emulator or what roms you’re using. I take it you’re expecting people to guess what the problem is? Give me a minute to check my crystal ball and I’ll get back with you

1. ForteGS’s avatar

how about the save files on Gpsp. Everytime I restart the gpsp homebrew it erases the save files any solution to that?

1. ForteGS’s avatar

im not sure what you did, but this one works! Thanks alot

2. ryan’s avatar

Im Using gpsp that was provided here i had the bios and The roms i used was all pokemon games And then i tried Other emulators like the cps1 and 2 Neither work I hve All those Emulators Working on the psp but not the Vita and i followed everything the forum says and the Video Wololo posted

15. owanef’s avatar

All I have to do now is get my little brother’s psp and use adhoc file transfer to transfer his iso folder to my vita and bam I got psp iso yeahhhh

1. kenn’s avatar

is what you speak the truth

1. RickyD’s avatar

He can transfer whatever he likes – doesn’t mean it’ll load

16. evilevoke’s avatar

@geo can you send me the like to the savedata cause everytime I download a save data it comes out weird

17. evilevoke’s avatar

@geo nvm you really really REALLY helped me wololo should share that video thank you sooooo soooo much bro.

1. geo’s avatar

me or wololo

18. Louie’s avatar

MVS and most of emu works :)

19. Mr.Kaos’s avatar

can some one help me please I tried using the masterboy emulator but it does not recognize any of my roms

1. geo’s avatar

did you put them on the gbc folder

1. Mr.Kaos’s avatar

yea and nothing worked

20. ien1587’s avatar

tnx guys for the vhbl.. you sure help a lot of people.. :)

21. CH3F’s avatar

i have the game and the exploit file but when i go to high scores the screen goes black and i get this error C1-2858-3 can someone help

22. chu’s avatar

so how do i delete something that i installed but doesnt work? trying to delete a gpSP that didnt work

1. wololo’s avatar

PSPlorer

1. chu’s avatar

ok thanks

23. chu’s avatar

ok forget it i just installed it again and i just copied over the one that was installed

24. Skullboy99’s avatar

Hey, i thought you guys said that Quake works for this, i went to check what Homebrews work for VHBL 2.12, and none of them say the GOLOR

1. wololo’s avatar

Try it anyway?

25. usernameno1willtake’s avatar

hello everybody i had a few questions i finally got vhbl running and im trying to install home brew. ive finally understand how to start the install process but when i click yes to install it sits the clicking and does nothing i have to close out of the game in order to try it again and it still doesnt work? should i try a different menu to install? also im a little curious about the kernal and how i might be able to run isos i was really big into psp but this exploit stuff is new to me could someone please help me out abit you can pm or just help over chat i dont care any help or links would do thanks agian community!

1. geo’s avatar

http://youtu.be/WtBvgienNEw make sure you have winrar and change the option from normal to store

26. Zaca PiPo'S’s avatar

PSP2600 not work. Error C1-2858-3.

27. Carlos’s avatar

The CPS2PSP works fine, but, unfortunaliy, dont charge roms.. Just me or somebody have same problem?? The homebrew show the roms, but, after charge, appear ”could not open cache file”..

Daedalus R13 dont show to install, in VHBL.. Sad..

Im using PSP Vita 2.12 with Gamocracy exploit..

1. Dante69’s avatar

You need a program to help you make cache files for the games you want to play. They usually bundle the program with the emu.

28. Haze7’s avatar

Why don’t you just exploit an indie game?

Sony needs permission from the dev before removing the game. So the dev could be someone you know….

1. fate6’s avatar

You mean purposely code a game to allow a exploit?
      Enjoy the lawsuit >__>

29. usernameno1willtake’s avatar

ive made sure of the on multiple homebrews but still not having any luck. i uncompressed the rar file zip archive and store, CAP INSTALL.ZIP tossed it in a game save and no luck thats all correct right?

30. geo’s avatar

can somebody give me a link to a snes emulator that works plz

31. peter’s avatar

could somebody please help me how do i install vhbl im in australia and im really not sure where to put the vhbl files i have 3 directories for gameocracy where do i put them>

1. wololo’s avatar

When you stop asking the same question on all articles, and actually read my answers, you might have a shot at getting your issue solved:

What are the 3 folders you see?
      Also, when you don’t get any answers here, please ask on the forums, there are much more people there who can/will help you

32. Hellbelial’s avatar

If anyone bought psp games or psx games please add me Belial7858 is my id,i’ll share whatever you want,all i want is psp and psx games such as:Kof,kingdom hearts,god of war and others like parasite eve 2,final fantasy vii and viii,megaman and chrono cross,even castlevania will be nice,let me know ok?.

33. chu’s avatar

jumm…. i couldnt get the gpsp to keep the saves i make …. bummer

34. Skullboy99’s avatar

Hey, i have the VHBL and the game exploit, but i dont have any psp saves, so i think i may just update it, is that a bad choice?

1. wololo’s avatar

you can easily find psp saves with google. I am not sure I understand your question. What update? There is no update beyond 2.12 as of today?

35. usernameno1willtake’s avatar

I’m sorry for asking this again but could someone please help me I’ve tried to find more on this issue but can’t seem to find anything I’ve got vhbl running but can’t seem to install any HB on it I extract the rar file archive it change it to store with the name in caps installed.zip and I take that zip file and put into a random game save but do t have any luck installing g the homebrew. I’ve made sure the HB is for golor and I’ve tried different menus and homebrew and game saves.. Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong? I’m running 2.12 with vhbl..

1. fate6’s avatar

That folder you extracted is the save
      do not re-zip it

that is if you got it from SMOKE’s thread

36. Michael Palacios’s avatar

Hey guys, I was looking on the deep net, an I found that there are actually already Vita FW exploits.

1. wololo’s avatar

nope. Hint: if it asks you to fill a survey to get the exploit, it’s a scam.
      Check our “scam of the day” articles: http://wololo.net/2013/06/08/scam-of-the-day-psvitaisogames-com-full-free-vita-iso-games-are-not-so-free/

37. zqlzql’s avatar

I put the game backup in the computer, I change the other server after back when the game can also be used?

· 1 · 2