Exploitable Game for PS Vita 2.12 announced (VHBL)

You’ve been waiting a lot for this, we had to delay the ninja release for several reasons (one being that I shamelessly took 4 days of holiday last week, and therefore couldn’t have handled a public announcement at that time), but there it is, the public announce of the game used to run Qwikrazor87′s VHBL port for the Vita 2.12.

So, before we start, a few reminders:

VHBL is provided “as is” without any guarantee. In order to run VHBL, you will need to buy the specific game mentioned below and install it on your Vita. Keep in mind that the money you pay for the game goes to Sony and the developers of the game, and the only guarantee you get by doing so is to get that game for your PS Vita. That being said, I personally tested VHBL extensively on this exploit and I can vouch for it.

VHBL runs a subset of PSP homebrews. you can find early test results here, and here. In particular, VHBL does not run PSP isos, PSP plugins, PSP homebrews that require PSP kernel mode. VHBL does not run native Vita homebrews or Vita roms.

The exploit works on Vita firmware 2.12 and below. There is no guarantee that this exploit will run on firmwares beyond 2.12. Actually, based on our experience, it is pretty much guaranteed that the next Sony firmware will patch the exploit.

Because of what is stated above, it is recommended that you deactivate your Vita Wifi connection as long as you want to use VHBL. The reason is that your Vita might force you to update to a newer firmware when it connects to the net.

The exploited game is officially only available on the US PSN. However, people have contacted us to tell us PS3 owners can buy the game from your PC/PS3 in other countries such as European countries, then copy it to the Vita from your PS3 using the Content manager. I have not tested this personally and would still recommend to go with the US version of the game if you can. I explain here how to switch your Vita to a US account, and here how you can get the necessary US credit to purchase the game.

Once you buy the game, be sure to install it as soon as possible on your vita. Do not let it sit in the download list, or on your PS3. Sony have ways to prevent you from downloading/installing the game, and they will do it.

In general, to prevent the hack from spreading, Sony remove the exploited game from their stores within 48h following our announcements. If you want this hack, get it now. Not tomorrow, not in one hour, not after you’ve gone to the restroom.

We will release the actual files for the hack in the next few days. Typically we do so just after Sony pulls the game from their store, but this is not a rule written in stone.

If all the limitations and explanations above did not frighten you, here is the game:

Vulnerability disclosure: A buffer overflow vulnerability exists in the following PSP Game:

Gamocracy One: Legend of Robot ($3.99 on the US PSN)

This critical vulnerability puts the Sony PSP and Sony PS Vita at risk of running malicious software such as Super Mario Bros, Sonic, or Quake.

go-lor

Congratulations to Qwikrazor87, and stay tuned for the files!

1. BahumatLord’s avatar

setting up a button so I don’t post my email publicly. Give me a minute

2. BahumatLord’s avatar

Must include in the comments of payment your email address and desired PSN account name if you need a US PSN account. If you made one already send the login details. I need this to make sure that the right person gets the account back

1. wololo’s avatar

Although I don’t doubt you have good intentions, I’d advise our readers against sending money through paypal to a “random” commenter on the blog. Also sending your PSN credentials to somebody else can get you banned from PSN, so beware

1. BahumatLord’s avatar

Just trying to help these guys out. I’ve seen a lot of people struggling to get it done and it’s a piece of cake for me to get it done. If it feels too random feel free to contact me on the other sites I’ve been active on for years so you know it’s not just some random guy using the name

1. wololo’s avatar

I know and this is why I didn’t plain remove your comment. I am just giving “official” word that my site is not associated with your activity here, in case anything goes wrong for the people you help.

1. BahumatLord’s avatar

I hear ya. Looks like nobody needs the help anyway. Either people have figured it out by now or given up. Please remove that link. I’ll help anybody that needs it between now and then but don’t want to leave it up if I’m not around and Sony pulls the game

2. FishSticks’s avatar

Alright thanks! I’ll send you the $10 a bit later.
      @wololo
      Can i still have the purchased content from my current account while logged into the US one?

3. Michael Palacios’s avatar

Alright, so I have the game. What else do I need to be prepared for this?

1. wololo’s avatar

Run the game at least once to make sure it runs fine. So many people assume that keeping the game in their download list is enough, but the game needs to be installed before Sony pulls it from their store. Running it once is the best way to confirm you have the right one.

1. Michael Palacios’s avatar

Oh I see, yeah I’ve actually been playing it haha. Do I need to do anything to Open CMA? This is my first time actually participating in this.

1. wololo’s avatar

yes, you can try and see if you can connect your Vita to openCMA while your wifi on both the vita and the PC are turned off, just to see if OpenCMA works as expected.

1. Michael Palacios’s avatar

I tried what you said, it says “You must connect the PC to the Internet to use Content Manager.”

2. Michael Palacios’s avatar

Does the r4 fix work for this? I believe I’m on r5.

4. SmurfyD’s avatar

Terrible timing. So broke right now I don’t even have the $5 to throw on psn. Oh well XD

5. Dogggieee’s avatar

Think it will be better than 2.06? What are the differences between 2.06 and 2.12?

6. Oscar’s avatar

Hi Wololo, can I buy PSN CASH CARDS through you?

1. wololo’s avatar

Yes (PM me on /talk if interested) but you might as well go with this technique, which will be cheaper for you: http://wololo.net/2013/06/27/how-to-purchase-us-psn-cards-from-amazon-when-you-dont-live-in-the-us/

7. Oscar’s avatar

Ok, I will try that.. either if Im a dumb-head or if this method will not work for me, I will write you back. Thanks man!

8. ijnmko’s avatar

when the new exploit games vhbl release?

9. Oscar’s avatar

So, I couldn’t complete the transaction for some reason at pcgamesupply. How do I send you a private message if im interested???

1. Raisin’s avatar

Just wanted to let you know (It is a bit irrelevant) but that site, pcgamesupply, IS LEGIT. – Just in case you were doubting (= I know many who have doubted sites so just thought I’d add that in. I got a HK PS card from there for the first PlayStation All Stars beta

1. wololo’s avatar

Yes, although when it comes to US PSN Cards, the amazon method I mention works better and is cheaper. pcgamesupply have an anal series of Security check, and even though I was able to buy from them in the past, now all my attempts with them end up in a rejection. So their dumb anti-fraud system is not even able to realize I am a customer who has paid them correctly in the past… crazy.

1. Raisin’s avatar

There’s that too haha! I totes agree with the Amazon thing, by FAR.

I just wanted everyone to know that that option isn’t a scam (=

But thanks for the adding on, Wololo!

1. Oscar’s avatar

yep, thats’ right the amazon worked perfect to me, ATM and legit..

Thanks!

10. ijnmko’s avatar

why we should turn off vitas WiFi after download ex game?

11. SakkeMO’s avatar

Are we expecting release of the files today, should i start ramming F5 already? :)

12. MattAV2012’s avatar

Hey Wololo, My friend also has a vita and said that he will buy the game so we can both use it, can i download it on my PS3 and transfer it over to my Vita? Thanks.

13. Nicholas’s avatar

So if I have an HK psn account without the game listed on psn, does that mean I have to set up a new account based on a US psn store? And does that mean I cannot install my HK psn store games on the same card of my exploited game from a US store?

14. Omar’s avatar

Game has been removed from both EU and US stores.

1. Raisin’s avatar

Just checked, Omar’s telling dah troooooooooooth!

15. acknologia’s avatar

has it been pulled already? i can’t find it

1. Raisin’s avatar

Uhh… You didn’t even try to look at one comment up from yours did you? o.O

1. acknologia’s avatar

sorry about that

16. Dafuq’s avatar

Nooooooooo, the game is not available anymore … :-(

It was still here 2 or 3 hours ago when i was at work.
    I come back at home and it’s not here anymore …
    I am cursed … :-(

1. Raisin’s avatar

I’m sorry man :/ I feel ya. I’ve been in that scenario.

There will be another exploit at some point! Either soon or in a while, but eventually another will pop up, and you’ll grab it!

This may not work, but try searching on your vita/ps3 for the game. it probably won’t work, as its been pulled, but yeah! Worth a last-minute try!

It’s still in my DL list

1. Dafuq’s avatar

I checked on PS3, PS Vita, and PC, and the game has totally disapear from every DL List. :(

1. BahmatLord’s avatar

I just checked the web store. The game is gone for sale, but if you look at your purchase history on the web store it still shows in the media list. It has a download button on the web site. It might push the download to your vita if you need it. I’m not sure because I have a Vita, PS3, and a PSP on my account so it might just push the download to PSP or somethiing

1. Dafuq’s avatar

I have an idea.

I have the *.pkg file of the Game.

If I install a Custom Firmware on my PS3, then use the “Package File Installer” to install it on PS3, then transfer it on Vita.

Do you think it could work ? :-/

2. wiktor96’s avatar

not work, checked :)

17. Dj’s avatar

Game is now pulled from psn :-) files incoming

18. Rasingaantr’s avatar

Hi wololo, i have downloaded the game and i was just wondering, do you THINKE there will be a ecfw port?(kernel) because a lot of the vhbl exploit had a ecfw port.I know we can’t predict the future, but still. ( sorry for my crappy english i’m french)

1. Raisin’s avatar

I know you didn’t ask me, but in my opinion, I’d say it’s unlikely, even if we were to find a Kernel exploit. Reason being, there won’t be many kernel-exploitable games out there, if any. So if an individual were to find one, they’d likely keep it to themselves.

19. Raisin’s avatar

So, FINALLY, the game just got erased from my DL-list.

I’ve noticed I have the Apache exploit still in my DL-list…

Do they just add it back to your DL-List once it gets reuploaded? Or did they take it off your purchase list, permanently?

1. Dante69’s avatar

They put it back once a new fw comes out thar fixes the exploit.

20. DJ’s avatar

I am calling sony right now ask them where the game I paid for is not on my download list damn it ;) lol

21. Revilo62’s avatar

I’m crying… I always miss the release by a day, or this time by just a few hours T.T

22. Julianni’s avatar

ammm i live in Belize alil country and i want to do this but i dont have the psn card to buy the game and it sucks i have a us account but no money idk if anyone can help me

23. dj’s avatar

The game has already been pulled Julian

24. george’s avatar

wololo is there a way i can go on the ps store without updating the vita? and also i have the 2.12 exploit game. is there anything i should get like open cma?

25. salvatore’s avatar

removed from store usa

26. PeffHD’s avatar

When will the download be released so I can download the VHBL for free of the website?

27. Evilevoke’s avatar

I was just wondering will there be a how to video cause im noob at this :p

28. Melon’s avatar

Jesus did they take it down already? I can’t find it!

29. Hassan’s avatar

Gone….

30. Recoil’s avatar

Well the game is off the shelves, Software?

1. xlovenuggetx’s avatar

wololo said monday or tuesday, but it’s not set in stone. check back tomorrow.

31. icyheart’s avatar

Please File to Eu ver

32. zqlzql’s avatar

i cant wait Today is Tuesday

33. BeastyX’s avatar

Don’t You Just Love It When The Comments Explode!! Its Pure Chaos Around The Release Of These Things Good Thing Im Faithful To This Sight And I Just Picked Up On Wagic Since I Found Out Magic Was Cool But Thought DOTPW Is Kinda Stale Anyway Thanks For The Release Picked It Up Saturday Soon As I Seen It Guess It Was Just Meant To Be :)

34. Fingloi’s avatar

No asian love huh? wololo?

35. f’s avatar

so fucking hype for this release

36. bucelic’s avatar

wowwwww stupid internet I missed it by half a day

37. zqlzql’s avatar

where is vhbl2.12

38. Hassan’s avatar

I cannot find the game :( what can we do now?

39. meganubis’s avatar

Hey guys Australian User here, I managed to download Gamocracy onto my PS3 last Monday, just got my vita back from my brother today. I tried to copy gamocracy over to my vita but it doesn’t appear on my vita from the copy from ps3 menu. Anyone have any idea why?

40. asdf’s avatar

I’m not giving sony another cent of my money.

41. ahm,ed’s avatar

i give up and i think of this time to sell or buy ps card to buy a games for the ps vita
    i have been wating for long time for hack my ps vita
    f:k it im sorry for myself to buy this bad ass device
    and bye wololo i there was hope for it but its seems to me now there is no any hope to hack ps vita ,

42. k8y3’s avatar

see you can not get the game if this game is not on store will never display the same on cma cma use playstation sever

the real you copy files form the server not direct ps3 if you have network will say log in and when you login you copy files form the server ps3 sendig data on the server server sendig data to ps vita

43. perargus’s avatar

BahumatLord, are you charging 10 dollars for the game if so i want to purchase it but can it be done tonight (today) i live in Australia and am going away tomorrow so i would like if you could do it tonight if possible

· 1 · 2 · 3 · 4