Is it safe to update your games while on a lower firmware?

So you want to stay on lower firmwares on your PSVita in order to keep accessing to some of the hacks, but still want to play your Vita games and get the latest updates. So is it safe to update your games with lower firmware like 2.02 or 2.06 on the PSvita? Are you nervous that it’s going to update your PSvita, to the newest firmware?

Yes, you can download all the patches for all the games on PSVita and they will still work on lower firmware. Yes, even digital downloads too for instance like Assassins Creed, that game has a lot of glitches and is very buggy when you first buy it, and it does not require you to update to the newest firmware. So far I have not seen one PSvita game that actually requires you to update to the new firmware when you are patching the game.

For new releases that is a different story like soul sacrifice or dead or alive 5. These games require firmware 2.05 so if you’re using 2.06 firmware with VHBL then it goes the same for you.
So far the cross controller games (like little big planet, Fifa soccer2013 and Marvel vs Capcom 3) will still work with cross controller too.

Now on to the PS3 and remote play with the PSP and PSvita: that function still works great with lower Firmware. Here is a list of working titles with remote play: It may need a little updating as the list get’s bigger all the time…

ALL PS1 CLASSIC TITLES

Aqua Vita/Aquatopia (PSN game)
Anarchy: Rush Hour (PSN game)
Bejeweled 2 (PSN game/demo)
Bionic Commando Rearmed (PSN game/demo)
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (BD game)
FirstPlay (PSN software)
Gundemonium Recollection (PSN game)
God of war HD collection (BD) (PSN)
Gundeadligne
High Stakes on the Vegas Strip: Poker Edition (PSN game)
Hitagata Happa
Imabikisou (BD game/PSN demo)
Lair (BD game)
LEGO Batman (BD game) Life with PlayStation (PSN software)
Mainichi Issho (PSN game)
Misato Katsuragi’s reporting Plan (PSN game)
Peggle (PSN game)
Peggle Nights (PSN game add-on)
PixelJunk Eden (PSN game/demo)
PixelJunk Monsters (PSN game/demo)
PixelJunk Shooter (PSN game)
PlayStation 1 games (CD games/demos, PSN games/demos)
PlayTV (BD software/PSN demo)
Retro/Grade (PSN)
Sim city 2000(PSN)
SingStar (BD game)
SingStar Vol. 2 (BD game)
SingStar ABBA (BD game)
VidZone (PSN software)
Weekly Toro Station (PSN game)
Zuma (PSN game/demo)

All other PSN/PS3 games, PS2 games, DVD/Blu-Ray Movies, and Super Audio CDs will not work. The typical functions of the PS3 XMB, music, videos, and pictures on the PS3, as well as music, videos, and pictures from Media Center will work.

1. locomicoco’s avatar

i think i know the game but my d ri is tru i smart tobe able to reed histoy books if cach my drift!!!!!!!!

1. locomicoco’s avatar

p.the number 1 and old

2. locomicoco’s avatar

i think i know wots the exp game for vita’s 2.12

1. locomicoco’s avatar

it is old and it the first one

2. vFX’s avatar

We have the top scientists in the Pentagon trying to decipher what in the absolute fuck you have just said.

1. Chezni’s avatar

This just in: the pentagon has failed and it has been revealed that his message was typed while he was injecting his eyes with liquid nitrogen and stuffing a bearded falcon into his ass.

2. McLoven’s avatar

^^LIKE^^

1. Tingee’s avatar

^^ I LIKE THAT IS BEING LIKED SO I AM LIKING ^^

3. gunblade’s avatar

went sleep 12 or sumthing…

2. shaitan’s avatar

“All other PSN/PS3 games, PS2 games, DVD/Blu-Ray Movies, and Super Audio CDs will not work.”… Actually alot more PS3 and PSN games can be played via Remote Play if you have CFW on your PS3, you just need to enable Remote Play in the games PARAM.SFO

1. StanSmith’s avatar

I was going to say that. Just about all PS3 games work via Remote Play on CFW PS3s as you need a CFW to enable Remote Play.
      I could do a list of games that do work but it’ll be a lot shorter of games that don’t work.

2. gunblade’s avatar

ps3 n xbox360 be good media players for the ps4 n xbox one n need a new gaming computer idk what one to get…

3. SSJ-Vita’s avatar

I really wish I knew this, so I could have stayed on monster hunter exploit and still played mortal kombat vita online?

4. GlueGun’s avatar

if the game is not showing up in other places like
    UK, can, ru, then anyone thinks you can use a proxy
    like charles? i know you dont change your IP
    in the first place, infact you stay at your original ip.
    :(…
    but you think SKFU proxy well work?,

1. JeoWay’s avatar

It requires a US PSN account. Otherwise changing the IP doesnt do anything :P

2. gunblade’s avatar

there account games so like region set

3. gunblade’s avatar

but would think japan still got alot more games then most.. naruto on the vita be cool..heard ff that be cool..

5. phil87700’s avatar

Any news on EU Store Game release for VHBL?

6. SSJ-Vita’s avatar

My flawless victories makes all the noobs wanna cry, they back out cuz they dont wanna die, and im like, you shouldnt get online, this freakin crap happens all the time.

1. SsJVasto’s avatar

Yeah, I know what you mean. People are scared of having deaths and stuff… Maybe there should be a punishment system like in League of Legends:
      If you quit the game, you must wait until the game ends + 5 minutes before you can join another. Quit again, and it’s +10 minutes. Quit a third time, it’s 1 hour, and around the fifth time, it’s 24 hours… That way, if you find a leaver, you’re pretty sure you won’t find him anytime soon.

7. ico’s avatar

Actually, ico and shadow of the collosus hd collection also supports remote play.

8. GlueGun’s avatar

I know its in US
    I’m saying a proxy software,
    A good proxy software change’s the IP/rDNS all info from your current
    well packet 2 a software packet, like the paths for a packet to send,
    then a software side, basically a Internet emulator that says “comfirmed prxoy server for a ISP”,
    or software domain.
    or something a long those lines.
    Sorry but well, sorry and regret it, “KNOW BEFORE YOU TELL”
    :(….
    Schooled :D.

1. Bob’s avatar

Guess what!!! Your psn account is linked to the country you enter when you first set it up!

Schooled? I think not.

9. mistermix’s avatar

Dead or Alive 5 ® Plus does not work in 2.02
    youtube does not work at 2:02 and 2.06

10. rivest’s avatar

I’m on 2.02 but have so far missed all exploits. But I want to play Soul Sacrifice. Should I update to 2.05? or even straight to latest 2.12 so i can access psn?

11. FireCracker’s avatar

Sup, i used to have my vita on stock firmware, i mine is the latam preorder edition, got it on a trip to mexico, i could play every game i bought however MGS HD Collection forced me to update the vita firmware, not sure if anyone else had the same scenario but i think its worth noting

12. compccs’s avatar

I downloaded a PlayStation mobile game and it went to download the newest mobile client to handle it and it forced the upgrade even though I could still connect to the store since I was on the newest of the forced upgrades which I think was 2.10….

13. SebasTorron’s avatar

Actually the Apps like youyube and facebook requiere a software update to get the update of the app. Only games can be updated with lower firmwares, NOT APPS!

1. gunblade’s avatar

i saw like tree gmes i still wanna get dont even no yet sony can always for updates wich iz shitty… think ill just get a new ps3 need a fat one…n a wii u

14. taz red’s avatar

from the UK will i need to get usa $5 dollar psn card because it wont be released in uk

15. GlueGun’s avatar

5$? there is only 10.00$ 20.00$ 50.00$ cards here,
    mostlikely a ugly processing embedded in the register,
    Activating */
    PIN 1234 */
    activated!
    inside the codes,
    [ processing please wait ]
    value = 10.00 US.
    Ugly.

16. Kevin’s avatar

I’d like to ask you something, guys…
    With this upcoming VHBL hack to vita, can SONY ban my account or ps-vita console?.
    Because recently I get banned my account for connect my CFW Ps3 to PSN. Thanks a lot.

17. psvrox’s avatar

Wrong! i updated Need for Speed Most Wanted – after the update the game wanted a FW update!!!

had to delete the game + savegame! – restored the old savegame und reinstalled nfs mw – and it worked again!!

18. NNNRT’s avatar

I got Black Ops Declassified when I was on 2.02 & updated it on 2.02

19. GH’s avatar

idk bout evry game but i do know after montezuma blitz game update i cant play the game without logging in to psn where before i could i even deleted all vita data and reinstalled off of pc somewhere i seams to retain som update data same kinda thing hqppened for all my ps mobile free games