upcoming VHBL hack on Vita 2.12: updated homebrew compatibility list

A few days ago I showed some of my initial test results of Qwikrazor87′s upcoming VHBL hack for Vita 2.12. I was then put in touch with one of his other beta testers who shared his test results with me. Let me show you the updated compatibility list.

Most of these homebrews were taken from the VHBL Homebrew thread here. In the list below, I am sharing the aggregated results of both this tester and myself (based on my previous test results)

Working

Emulators

• Gpsp Kai
  • Nester AoEx R3 (confirmed by 2 testers)
  • Atari 800
  • ColEmPSP
  • Deadalus r13
  • EmuMaster v3.GX
  • FinalBUrn Aplpha FBA4PSP CPS123
  • FCEUltra-PSP
  • MVSPSP adhoc
  • NeoGeoPSP
  • PCEPSP
  • PLYNX
  • PSPMame r0.6
  • PicoDrive (confirmed by 2 testers)
  • SMS+ Game Gear
  • cps1psp
  • cps2psp
  • fMSX PSP
  • fuse
  • snes9xTYL (confirmed by 2 testers)
  • VIce

Homebrews/Apps

• BookR (confirmed by 2 testers)
  • Lamecraft r56 (confirmed by 2 testers)
  • Stickman Jump (sometimes freezes when you die)
  • Kurok
  • Quake
  • Doom
  • Silveredge

Not working

• Geometry Wars
  • PSPFiler
  • Deadalusx64R777 (confirmed by 2 testers)
  • PSPkvm
  • Doodle Jump 1.3
  • Atari 5200
  • emu mame4all v49r2
  • NeoGeo CD
  • PSPTI 99
  • psp2600
  • scummvm-0.13.0-psp (confirmed by 2 testers)
  • Duke 3D
  • OpenTyrian

Note that a “non working” homebrew is not always a fatality. This shows you the results from a few testers in a few sepcific conditions, with the initial release of the hack. There are possibilities that some working versions of the same homebrew exist (such is the case above with Snes9xTYL, which itself works, while some mods of the emulator don’t work), or tricks to make these homebrews work, or that an update of the VHBL port will bring more compatibility.

The lack of compatibility of PSPFiler, however, is a bummer. wMenu does not have any File manager features, and that could become a problem if no alternative exists, if only to delete/reorganize homebrews.

As a reminder, Qwikrazor’s upcoming exploit will be in a game that is only available in the US store. I explain here how you can buy US PSN Credit if you live outside of the US, and we have an ongoing tiny “contest” on twitter to win a $20 PSN Code. In parallel, I got contacted about a possible EU exploit that could be available, and I am following up on that as fast as my free time permits.

Stay tuned!

(Thanks to Qwikrazor87′s testers – who shall remain unnamed for now -  for the updated list.)

1. DarkenLX’s avatar

Wololo How will we know who won the psn card? (anounce on twitter , Forums , blog etc..?) also when is the entry deadline for the card? and is this kernel or usermode?

1. Flutterpony’s avatar

It’s usermode.

2. wololo’s avatar

I will announce it at least on twitter, probably tomorrow. Deadline for entering is basically until the announcement.

2. Devin Smith’s avatar

Does this one require that we buy a game?

1. Flutterpony’s avatar

Of course it does, at the moment there’s no other known way of running VHBL. Well, there might be one, but it doesn’t seem to be released anytime soon.

3. ironysteeth’s avatar

lol filer would make manga reading stupid convenient, so thats a bloody shame. but the bookr is really cool.

4. omar’s avatar

hi can you please tell how much the game would cost?

i currently have 5 dollars in my account.will they be enough?

5. meteor’s avatar

How much time do we have after ninja release?
    if sony cut off the game between the download we will lose it any way?

1. Tingee’s avatar

The time usually goes from one day to about a week until sony pulls the plug on the game, stay tuned for more updates if you are that cautious.

6. rob’s avatar

What about a Australian release ? Is it the same as a us or eu game?

7. gunblade’s avatar

think not to update my ps3 for now….might just get a new super slim if anything i guess..but tree months to the ps4 i might as well save i guess..probly get tv n sum new gear if anything a Wii U..

8. TJ’s avatar

Question, any idea of when the game will be announced? It would be great to know! :)

1. Qraze’s avatar

it will come when it does. ninja release is just that, if a time is announced, you can bet sony would be watching that day very closely.

have patience young grasshopper.

9. spiderboy’s avatar

Great job guys

we will stay tuned! for name of the game I hope that in the near future

10. sidney lucas’s avatar

when will you announce VHBL when I had another uptade the ps vita?
    why I do not have ps3
    ps vita only have $ 22 on psn waiting to be buying the game but is after uptade I can not vo uses VHBL why to purchase the game has to update the ps vita you could help the day before? me the name of the game?

11. josh w’s avatar

im really nooby at this sort of thing where is the download for the ps vita hbl?

12. Robert W’s avatar

This is the reason I bought the vita :D I cant wait for the release!!! ^_^ Anyway that I could play my n64 roms?

13. RickyD’s avatar

You can add Wolfenstein to the list of non working. The menu where you pick between Wolfenstein and Spear Of Destiny loads up fine, and you can move around, but you can’t select a game. All my data files for the games are where they should be. Looks like the keys aren’t getting mapped properly

14. jaffar’s avatar

After i copy the GAMOCRACY ONE: LEGEND OF ROBOT in my ps vita it does not appear on the home screen so i dont know how to run the game i can find it in the setting but i can’t run it so if you can let me know what to do thanks.

15. k8y3’s avatar

just go on highscore

16. k8y3’s avatar

and will open that hack

17. k8y3’s avatar

just open gsmocracy legend of robot after go to highscore

18. yasir’s avatar

HI I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, After i copy the GAMOCRACY ONE: LEGEND OF ROBOT, THE GAMES DONT SHOW ON HOME PAGE. WHERE IS THE GAMES,

· 1 · 2