How to purchase US PSN Cards from Amazon when you don’t live in the US

You may also like...

1. Perry Tanko says:

Very helpful, always *thought Amazon checked billing addresses (fraud is big in the USA), but guess I was wrong.
    And you’re right about amazon GC’s. Once you buy yourself one, turn around and use it to buy any purchase, IT DOES NOT CARE about billing address because it’s issued by Amazon.
    OH and one more thing. Alaska and New Hampshire do not have state sales tax. – Perry Tanko

2. Mike Conway says:

Does this only charge for the code? I would’ve expected that there would be additional charges made to the card, especially after changing currency to USD.

Also would like to know if there’s no complications after using a different Billing Address for the card.

• wololo says:

I’ve used this for years (with the email gift certificate trick), I don’t get charged more and never ran into complications

3. lawrence says:

you are the best… i was ignorant and now you have enlightened me…. we need more people like you on the world.

4. mehh says:

I have tried this but my amazon account got locked, i don’t know if it’s because my process was wrong but the email said that the billing address wasn’t same as the one associated with the card itself, i have to find a alternative solution, obviously they’ll charge me more now but i just want to play destiny soon

• wololo says:

Uh, sorry you ran into this issue. Try and get in touch with the Amazon customer service to get your account unlocked. They are usually efficient with this kind of thing. Their main concern is fraud, which is not the case here.

• mehh says:

I’ve never seen someone as supportive about a article that’s 1 year old as you’re which is just a fantastic thing, i can say that this method do work, i used it previously on amazon.co.uk and redeemed the code easily, the reason i buy British cards is because my main psn is British but they got some pretty good deals from time to time, but not as good as a american account, i’ve emailed them as well, hopefully the problem gets resolved.

5. ThePoorBoy says:

You could just create a Paypal account with a US address. Then load directly using Paypal. That’s what I’ve been doing.

6. Devve says:

Thanks for this guide!
    Just tried purchasing a $10 PSN code and it worked perfectly.

Tried again with a $50 PSN code and it got stuck while processing. Got this message:
    “Sorry, processing of this order is taking longer than expected
    • This order may take up to 2 hours to process but usually will take less than an hour
    • Please do not re-order this item
    • Once your order is complete, you can download your purchase here. We will also send the download link to your e-mail address
    • For more information, contact us”

I guess I’ll wait and hope for the best.

7. Devve says:

Just tried this with a $10 and $50 PSN card and it worked perfectly.
    The second purchase took about an hour but it got through.

Thanks for the guide!

8. Nonathan says:

Hi sorry for dumb question but, does this mean that if ur payment goes throuh, you will receive the psn code to ur email so can access instantly?

9. WOW just wnat I was searching for. Came here bby searching for winter coats
    for toddlers

10. gerald says:

hey guys.. im just trying to figure out… i live in france my family back in the usa
    i made a ps american account with an american email… can i now buy games from the ps store with my american credit card? and use those games on my ps4 in france? im about to buy the preorder of wwe2k15 deluxe edition since her ein france we dont have that one… plus its cheaper.. but will it work? i was going to buy it directly online from my computer but it wont work even for my sister she tried it for me back in the states… so yea the billing info for my account i guess isnt correct to sony… so i was thining about buying it digital through amazon… no problems rite?

11. Ganj3r says:

Wow explendid post I used to buy in PCg*** but now I going to check if I can catch an PS+ for US without the f***ing taxes ;)

Great post, thumbs on on FIRE!

12. Je moeder says:

Ja, daar versta ik dus geen zak van.

1. May 16, 2014

[…] from Amazon (for those of you living outside of the US, I had no problem purchasing it using the technique I describe here. It’s actually possible OUYA code are not region-locked at all but my Amazon account is now […]

2. November 18, 2014

[…] my US PS+ membership without being overcharged by shady businesses, while not living in the US: I use Amazon, to buy PSN Codes, then I buy the PS+ membership from the PSN with those credits. I could buy the PS+ membership […]