PS3 OFW 4.45 – A Fix On The Way

Sony has identified what was causing the issue, and is now working on a fix.

VideoGamer.com contacted Sony, to which they replied:

“We have identified the issue related to the PlayStation 3 software update (version 4.45) that impacted a small number of PS3 systems earlier this week. A new PS3 system software update is planned to be released on June 27 that resolves the issue.

“Thank you for your patience and understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.”

The internet went crazy after this has happened, bricking, or even just general annoyances. They have pulled the update for now, and a fix is coming on Thursday, 27th.

Just to be sure though, just before you update leave it a few days to see what the internet says, and be certain that if it causes a problem it will be on here straight away!

Thanks for the info, VideoGamer!

1. slifermobile’s avatar

Damn …. thank god i was too busy playing Kingdom Hearts 2 on my PS2 to play the last of us on my ps3 or else i wouldve updated and bricked my console and wouldve lost all my data ….. OH the horror !!!!

2. musashiro’s avatar

luckily im on rogero and i disabled my connection.. LOL

3. pspfanMOHH’s avatar

“PS3 Firmware Update 4.45 was designed to improve system stability, and it did. You can’t get more stable than a bricked console!”

He gone mad? Nice one though, its was a joke?

1. wololo’s avatar

That’s a famous parody account

1. Thrawn’s avatar

After reading that I thought he is right. Bricked is 100 % stable XD
        Nothing could go wrong or “brick” again.
        But somehow I guess all of us like our ps3′s a little more unstable.

4. DQEight’s avatar

Luckily this is the exact reason I keep automatic system updates off. I rather take 5 minutes to check google to see if its safe then wake up to a bricked PS3(or miss the next ps3 exploit)

5. squiggly’s avatar

They should have focused more on testing their firmware instead of making videos on how to share a game on PS4. Its almost like since PS4 is coming out they just get lazy and dont care about their current customers.

1. phil87700’s avatar

LOL

2. x-eye’s avatar

“almost”?

6. tryrush deppy’s avatar

eh, i never update firmware. i’m running 1.00 and loving it in stylee. (yes,stylee. not style.)

7. gunblade’s avatar

iz it mandatory i rather stea on 4.41

8. gunblade’s avatar

i seen that psn doing maintances Tuesday 25th June. This maintenance will start at approximately 5.30pm BST/6.30pm CET.

9. Randy Steele’s avatar

Good thing I have Rogero with all my wonderful no-so legal “backups”. A firmware update that bricks consoles is ridiculous. Loving the new Deadpool game.

1. Pedro’s avatar

Man, F*** kids like this. Seriously, Microsoft wanted the DRM in place mostly because of idiots like you. Go buy a game, brat.

10. Steve’s avatar

wait, but what about the bricked consoles? how is sony
    “fixing” those?

11. The Kick’s avatar

I always consult my pal google before updating. They’re either patching some goodies or adding something no one wants or asked for.

12. squiggs’s avatar

They pulled the update the morning of, my download was actually interrupted. I guessi should turn off auto update.

13. decookaaron’s avatar

My Lil brother updated it to 4.45 and now its doesn’t work at all. I was mad and sad :(