Xbox One, PS4 launch date and prices announced at E3, already available for preorder

As part of their E3 presentations, both Microsoft and Sony announced the price of their Next Gen consoles.

The xbox one will sell for a list price of $499, while the PS4 was announced at $399.

The price of Sony’s next gen console is in line with what analysts had forecast, with the PS4 being much cheaper than the PS3 at launch, while the Xbox One is a bit more pricier than expected. In particular, the Xbox One is quite more expensive than the PS4. This is the opposite of the 360 vs ps3 situation at launch (the ps3 was more expensive than the 360, with the ps3 ranging from $500 to $600, and the Xbox360 being between $300 and $400)

xbox-one-vs-ps4-580-75

For the most dedicated among us, both consoles are already available for preorder on Amazon. The xbox one can be found here, and the PS4 here.

Our sources tell us that the preorder supplies are limited at Amazon (50’000 each is the amount we have been given) and expected to sell out pretty quick… so, if you definitely want one of these the day it is out, preordering might be the right solution.

The Xbox one will be out in stores in November, while the PS4 was announced for Christmas. Both companies promised tons of exclusive content for their next gen consoles, but the price difference could play in favor of Sony’s console (although that’s not a given, after all the PS3 was much more expensive than the Xbox 360 ans still did pretty well). are you getting one? Or maybe both?

Disclaimer: the amazon links in this article are affiliate links. If you order through these links you pay the same price, but I get a share of the sale.

1. afehst’s avatar

Well. I m gonna buy them both anyway

2. Alnitak’s avatar

Just the PS4 for me. It feels too much like Microsoft is trying to screw me over with the Xbox One, so I won’t get one.

1. samehere’s avatar

same here.

1. un3gr0’s avatar

Same here!

1. Instinct46’s avatar

While I feel the same, I’m still going to get an xbox… just because of a few games like: Fable and Gears of War

3. svenn’s avatar

I was disappointed on both consoles actually.

1. jrazorman’s avatar

In some ways I agree with you. but i will end up with both soon enough.

4. EJ’s avatar

PS4 for me.

5. Thrawn’s avatar

Well after hearing the official price announcement from microsofts e3 conference, I’m quite puzzled, 499$ in the american market ok. 499€ in the european market NOT ok. If you calculate that back from euro to dollar by using the current exchange course 1€ = 1,3214$ you get 659,39$. ARE THEY SERIOUS? I’m not going to finance americas poor dollar course. Microsoft, keep your xbone, until you make a good price statement like 377,63€. The same goes for the $ony and the ps4.

1. Derpy’s avatar

Welcome to consoles. Companies have always set almost the same price in Yen, USD and EUR. GBP is a little lower, but the Pound is overall stronger than USD and EUR. You’re not financing anyone either. It’s just the way corporations do business.

1. Thrawn’s avatar

I know that all, that is the reason why I have an uk steam account, an american psn account… an american club ninty… *blush*
        But I still think it is complete bs to differ the prices of the products so hard. Think about it, you pay ~160$ more just because you’re not in america. This also effects sales, as for me I’m a scared away customer. Once gone, it’s hard to get me back.

6. Kyu’s avatar

Lol at the game sharing video

7. Romu’s avatar

If we can’t add some fucking cat or annoying musax on the “shared” content, i’ll not buy them.

oh wait, i’ll not buy them anyway. i just hate how the next gen become close (internet needed, almost no game share between friend, even and even more connected..).

Fuck those thousand of frienship ask each time i power on my ps vita.

8. MinkaKelly’s avatar

do you think its possible to mod a PS4 controller parts into a Xbox one remote controller? i love the playstation but i have to say that the xbox takes home the win when it comes to the hand held controller

1. loketar’s avatar

In theory, most likely. Wether you want to attempt it is a different question it’s unlikely the controller would be left with any aesthetic value and I wouldn’t imagine it would be the sturdiest due to the touchpad and the hole you would have to cut in the Xbox controller

9. Howie’s avatar

The prices are actually a little more comparable than advertised, $40 difference as opposed to $100. I actually pre-ordered 2 PS4′s as I’m a PS3 over XBox 360 guy, but my kids like XBox more, so I ordered one of those too for their XMas gift. I could be wrong, but the PS4 does not come with the camera, which is an additional $60, where the XBox One comes with the new Kinect. At least it doesn’t say the camera is included and the pictures on Amazon don’t show the camera with the PS4. You can buy it for $60 as a pre-order as well, so I’m assuming at this point it wouldn’t be selling separately if it came with it as nobody would need it if it came with every console.

1. Thrawn’s avatar

I wonder, what would happen if the kinect thing gets damaged, wouldn’t that mean that the xbox one turns into an oversized doorstop? Until you replace it with a genuine NEW one.

1. wololo’s avatar

You’re overly negative. You could also use it as a paperweight, not only a doorstep. Or to keep your feet warm in the winter, if you keep it plugged in.

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Your comment is legendary, not epic, LEGENDARY!!!!!1111 XD

2. MarSprite’s avatar

I’m sure it would also perform admirably as an emergency zombie repellant.

2. wololo’s avatar

I believe you are correct. It will then depend how essential the camera becomes on the ps4.

10. done’s avatar

xboxdone.com go there its real

1. MarSprite’s avatar

LMFAO.. awesome.. seriously, go there. It’s Real.

11. loketar’s avatar

I’m in the dedicated section of probably getting both, all I need to decide is which to get at launch and which in the January sales. I also really don’t see all the fuss about the DRM, when I first heard it I was shocked, horrified same as most but 20 minutes later I went to play my non-transferable Steam game listen to non-transferable music downloads. Every form of media sold these days almost, has DRM and nobody bats an eye-resist joker quote temptation- one console does it and every throws their dolls out of the pram. I will happily concede that the internet connection requirement is going to do my head in though as I have terrible internet in the north of Scotland that cuts out weekly.

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Uhmm steam games are resell able, you make a new steam account for every game and after you are finished you sell that account with the game. This is how I do it.
      Sure I have my main accounts I never sell, but for titles I don’t care very much, I make a new one and sell it afterwards.
      No excuse.

12. Maxilus’s avatar

Well since it cost $399 in US, then it must be around $500-$600 in Singapore. That quite cheaper than PS3 when it was first launched. It was SGD$799 Fat PS3 in 2006.

13. Hellbelial’s avatar

Why amazon doesnt have the price in ps4 list? Sony said 400 dolars but in amazon doesnt see anything.Where can i pre order ps4 that ships in Argentina because here if the real price 400usd here will be like 600usd XD,i hate my country for that.

14. xbox’s avatar

preorder xbox bonus listed on this very excellent site. Check it out and compare the pre order xbox one bonuses. Do you know of any other sites that compare preorder bonuses?

15. играть онлайн’s avatar

Wonderful difficulties completely, you recently acquired the emblem completely new reader. Just what exactly might you advise when it comes to your current submit for you to made some days previously? Just about any positive?