Sony’s E3: PS4 announce, dozens of games, Sony takes on Microsoft about Used games and DRM

Today was Sony’s E3 conference, and, as expected, the conference focused mostly on the upcoming PS4. As we’ve already mentioned, they announced a price of $399 and a release for the holiday Season this year.

Besides the hardware itself, which we finally got to see (I personally think it looks gorgeous, although I’d have preferred it a bit smaller), Sony announced a bunch of videogames for the PS4, showcased a few trailers, as well as realtime (really?) gameplay of upcoming PS4 games.

I’ll skip the introduction which was about the “entertainment” side of the PS4. Netflix, Amazon Instant video, Redbox Instant, Flixster… you’ve heard that before, and everybody expects any piece of electronics today to run the most popular video streaming channels, so that’s a given, and as gamers, that’s not what we are looking for.

Sony seem to have understood that, and they quickly switched to the meat of the conference, with a stream of game demos and trailers. Sony announced 20 titles for the PS4, 12 of which are brand new titles (per opposition to sequels)

The order: 1886

This steampunk game is an exclusive for the PS4 by ReadyAtDawn studio. The presentation emphasized that this is content actually rendered by the game engine, and that the transition between videos and gameplay is extremely smooth. Let’s be careful though, as it wouldn’t be the first time the game looks way better in the trailers than once you actually play it on the real device.

Killzone: Shadow Fall

The Killzone Franchise does not need to be introduced. Honestly this looks to me like yet-another shooter, but it seems to introduce a few interesting gameplay elements. From a technical point of view, whatthe video shows does not feel impressive to me, it’s on par with good quality stuff that we can already find on the PS3

Driveclub, inFamous Second son, Knack

These games were already announced as launch titles from Sony a while ago, and we got to see the trailers again.

The Dark Sorcerer

One of the great surprises of this E3 for me, this video is both technically impressive, and… has a nice twist… I won’t spoil it if you haven’t seen it yet. It does not seem to be an actual game though, just a technical Demo from Quantic Dreams (of Heavy Rain fame) of what they can achieve in terms of facial details with the PS4. Can’t wait to see what these guys will do with the PS4

Indie games

The E3 conference moved to a section regarding indie games. They emphasized how the ps4 will make it easier for indie developers to self publish their games on the store… This was an interesting part, mostly because I see this as Sony’s strategy to annihilate the growing competition of other consoles such as the OUYA, but also their way of replying to Microsoft’s “TV TV TV” approach with the Xbox one. Sony are saying “we’re here for gamers and game developers first, the rest is icing on the cake”.

Sony introduced Indie games such as Transistor, Don’t Starve, Mercenary Kings, Octodad, Secret Ponchos, and more. These are not the AAA titles that will sell the console, but they will contribute to bringing a rich library to the console from day 1, and among these Indie titles often lies a gem like Journey.

Square Enix

Square Enix confirmed Final Fantasy XV and Kingdom Hearts III. I won’t go into details here as I am not familiar with these franchises or Square Enix in particular, but I’ll just say this:

lu2k

NO KID EVER DOES THAT WHEN THEY ARE ANNOYED!!!!111111oneoneoneeleven

Japanese video game creators really need to go out, get laid, and actually have kids, in order to understand how weird this looks. The only people who blow their cheeks this way are shibuya girls who pretend to be angry, and try to look cute at the same time (which doesn’t f###ing work, they just look retarted when they do that! Stop doing that!). This is one of the most annoying things I’ve ever seen in Japan, and the last thing I want is to see it in video games. This frame in itself (which I shamelessly took from arstechnica because that was the perfect screenshot) is what describes the best how I feel about this new Final Fantasy game: the graphics attempt to look realistic while keeping a “manga” touch, and to me the result was extremely disturbing, ending up in the uncanny valley.

cough… moving on

Assassin’s Creed IV: Black flag

This demo was interesting. The game in itself looks great, as expected from the Assassin’s Creed franchise, although it was difficult to tell from the demo if this new episode brings much to the franchise in terms of gameplay. More interesting was the lag during the demo, which seemed to indicate the game was actually a streamed video, that Sony were trying to showcase as actual live gameplay… hmmm

Watch_Dogs

Ubisoft’s upcoming title for the PS4 is the one that impressed me the most in this presentation. In this game where your character seems able to control any electronic device close to him, bad people and the police and pretty much everyone around you seem to be looking for you. The game seems to mix stealth and action, and looks really good.

Destiny

The people from Bungie showcased what seems to be a pretty typical but neat FPS.

Mad Max

This one didn’t show much, but is so shockingly in line with the first mad max movie that it gave me goose bumps. Hopefully they won’t mess up this great movie franchise.

Other announcements included Diablo III, NBA2K14, Elder Scrolls online (with the Beta being available on the PS4 before any other device). Sony also insisted on the benefit of PS+, and are progressively building a service with lots of added value, that can be compared to Amazon’s Prime service. It makes more and more sense for people who own more than 1 Sony device, to register to Prime+, and, even for people who only own either a PS3, Vita, or PS4, PS Plus seems to bring lot to the table. As part of this discussion though, it seemed Sony hinted strongly that a PS+ subscription will be needed to play online. Which is equivalent to what Microsoft offers today with XBox Live, but would be a dramatic change in Sony’s policy so far.

Taunting Microsoft

One of the most important moments of the event was Sony’s hilarious taunt at Microsoft, when they mentioned that the PS4 would “obviously” play used games. Microsoft are in the middle of a controversy for the Xbox one as they announced used games on their next gen console would only work under certain conditions. Sony’s reaction was both hilarious and spot on:

This is just brilliant.

Sony also emphasized that the PS4 won’t require you to be constantly logged in in order to play (another of Xbox one’s “features”). This got massive cheers from the crowd, and extremely positive reactions on Social networks. Finally, they announced a price of $399, cheaper than the Xbox one’s $499, and interesting irony considering the opposite was true for the previous generation, and knowing that the PS3′s price was hugely criticized at the time.

Both consoles can already be preordered from Amazon. You can get the PS4 here, and the Xbox one can be preordered here

1. Developer’s avatar

WTF YOOUU NEED PLAYSTATION PLUS TO PLAY ONLINE AAAAAAAAAARGGGHHHH THEN I CAN BUY A XBOX ONE THEY NEVER BEING HACKED

1. RageCore’s avatar

What an useless comment, seriously.

Anyway, I’m quite happy with Sony conference. As to the ps+ subscription I don’t mind. They give you free software an if one one owns more than 1 sony console – i have a ps3, psv, 3ds xl, wii, and sold my xbox 360- is a great deal. 1 subscription for 3 devices + free games on each one? YES PLEASE haha

2. Lord’s avatar

I’ll pre-order a PS4 and buy 10 years PS Plus tomorrow.

3. Jeff T’s avatar

No PS Plus is needed to play online you XBox fanboy loser

1. mlc’s avatar

actually PS Plus is required for online multiplayer; it’s the worst news about the PS4 thus far, although it won’t be required for Netflix et al. as it is with the XBox consoles.

But, yes, you will have to pay to play online, because a enormous number of idiots accepted it as a reasonable cost for the XBox(es), so now it is becoming industry policy.

1. JeoWay’s avatar

YOU DO NOT NEED PS PLUS FOR ONLINE MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!!!

Please stop spreading rumours. These claims are invalid and Sony themselves said that the PS4 will NOT require a PS Plus Subscription.

1. Someone Else’s avatar

Actually, yes, you do.

It doesn’t work like PS3 anymore. No more free online multiplayer. (Unless something changed since last night’s E3 show, which explicitly pointed this out.)

2. mlc’s avatar

Please stop spreading pro-Sony rumors, JeoWay. ;P

3. IXia’s avatar

it valid claims, but i dunno how F2P online games work without PS+, maybe it has some exceptions. :)

2. Z’s avatar

No, it’s not because people were willing to pay for XBOX Live that Sony is doing this. It’s because buying and maintaining servers are expensive. Sony has been losing a ton of money every year because they don’t have a required pay-2-play-online service. You could say that if that was true, Sony would have added the service, but a move like that would piss-off many of their consumers, not to mention that it’s one of it’s strongest point over Microsoft.

2. Lord’s avatar

Stop trolling ass hole.
    Microsoft should take this slave back to school.
    I’ll pre-order a PS4 and 10 years PS Plus tommorrow.
    Gooddddd Jobbb Sonyy.

3. somthing something something light side’s avatar

Mr Wololo, Please take some time to play Kingdom hearts and you will just how amazing it is, i almost had a heart Attack when i saw Kingdom Hearts 3 announced, as a long time fan and guy who brought a 3ds for nothing but Kingdom hearts games in general, its such a great game

1. Arash Andalib’s avatar

Me too i had chills during the entire trailer and was about to explode from excitement !!! finally my childhood will be complete !!!! And wololo seriously Bro play the game its the best game i have ever played !!!!

1. wololo’s avatar

Should I start with the first one, or just pick the most recent one? How difficult and long is it? (I lack free time)

1. fate6’s avatar

start with the “HD” release on PS3 that has 1 and Re:CoM then go with 2

there are a few for DS and one for PSP but TBH those are only if you want some back story

there not very hard BTW tho Sephiroth in 1 is one heck of a optional superboss

1. UE’s avatar

The birth by sleep game is one of the best games in the series man, infact my personal favourite… the DS game I totally agree with but birth by sleep is needed if you want plot and it has a better combat system than any of the other games (hence why it is being used in KH 3 or rather an evolution of it)

Not sure how dream drop distance is, haven’t splurged on a 3DS

2. Alex’s avatar

+1 for wololo playing KH. Really a great game franchise. Sony’s won me over, I’ll be buying a Ps4 soon after launch. Here’s hoping that we’ll see some progress on a hack for the ps4, preferably one that doesn’t support backups. I’d be interested in the kind of Homebrew we’d be able to create for that hardware :3

3. UE’s avatar

Birth by sleep is a very solid KH game… but start whereever you feel like

4. Arash Andalib’s avatar

Yeah start with the KH Hd remake on ps3 it will come in september then switch to KH 2 on PS2 then play KH Birth By sleep on PSP then youre set for KH III :D and each game will take you about 3-10 days depending on how much you play per day and how fast you go through it because it has side quests too :)

5. somthing something something light side’s avatar

if you wanna play in release order start with KH1, but if you want to play in Story Order, start with Birth By Sleep

4. alpmaster’s avatar

Man what’s wrong with Microshaft SONY was smart I can already tell more PS4 are going to sell. I care about being a game console. I do not watch movies or tv like that. SONY you really changed my oppinion. :D

5. Yojimbo’s avatar

Retarded* I agree with you to some extent on the pouting trend in Japanese society, though Final Fantasy is a pretty well respected title. People have been waiting for this particular one for 6 years, and it looks kick-ass. Besides that, this is a great year for the PS4, not very many new features have been announced yet, but comparing it to the Xbox One, (which doesn’t look THAT bad IMO, but is getting a lot of criticism) it looks like it’ll be ahead of the game this year.

1. Chasez671’s avatar

Honestly, that pouting thing pisses me off too haha. I can’t wait for FFXV though.

Being a Xbox user for the past how many years, I thought that I would stay true to Microsoft in the next gen consoles. But man, Sony really killed it and I have absolutely no doubt that I’m switching to PS this time around. Microsoft screwed up big time.

6. Caio’s avatar

“NO KID EVER DOES THAT WHEN THEY ARE ANNOYED!!!!111111oneoneoneeleven”

He didn’t do it because he was annoyed, he did it because he had food in his mouth

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Omfg its in almost every anime that has to do something with school, slice of life or romance/comedy/drama, and it looks so shi*ty. I can’t see that anymore, why (if they’re really angry) don’t they act like that then? Gives them much more credibility.

1. UE’s avatar

It isn’t meant to be angry man it is meant to be cute and obstinate.

Also I have seen young children do this, quite a lot… Children that are spoilt and are let to get away with a lot of things if they are cute about it…

2. Caio’s avatar

I KNOW Asian (not only Japanese) girls do that. What I meant is that the kid in the video didn’t do that trying to be cute, he simply had his mouth full of food.

7. x-eye’s avatar

too bad psv isn’t getting this kind of deluxe treatment from sony…

1. huh’s avatar

wtf is a psv??

1. tinostar91’s avatar

Playstation Vita, what a surprise

1. wat’s avatar

Is that like a PSP or PSP Go?

When did it come out?

1. Z’s avatar

Oh. My. God. You are on this site, which has the word ” PS Vita” in it’s banner and has a lot of articles on the thing, and you don’t know what it is? I wouldn’t be surprised if this was another site which is not related to Sony or the Vita, since it isn’t that popular yet to become a household name, but we are on one of those sites.

To answer your question, yes it is like the PSP or PSP Go, but ” successor” is a more accurate term. For more info, use Google

8. psvitalover’s avatar

it seems like sony is giving up on the ps vita even though they announced 85 new titles :-(
    on the plus side maybe all the ps4 games are compatible with remote play :-)

9. GuitaristMatt’s avatar

Wololo, how do you feel about the lack of Vita support at E3? Also, I want to point out that the PS4 is about the same size as the slim PS3 just a little thicker. It’s about 2 CD’s across and 1.5 back.

10. Z’s avatar

Wololo, I think, like you said in the graphics that they are trying to make them realistic while keeping the manga/anime look, they are also doing it for the expressions. I think they know that it look sorta weird in real life, but still do it in games and manga/anime, since they are basically an escape from real life. Plus, they look cuter doing it anyways.

On to that AC4: Black Flag bit. I think it was more of a problem with the still-in-development game and console, plus, if it was using an internet connection, plenty of other people using the network.

And calm down guys. E3 isn’t finish yet, and Sony was hinting that they wanted to say more about the Vita during the conference.

1. GuitaristMatt’s avatar

So… about that lack of Vita?

1. Z’s avatar

Well, I can’t predict the future. I was hoping they would, especially since they’ve been giving some hints, but oh well.

On the plus side, Planetside 2 and KZ: Shadow Fall have been confirmed to be remote-playable( and also Knack, in a way). Though it has already been confirmed by Yoshida that all PS4 games that don’t require a special peripheral are remote-playable, it’s still nice to have a confirmation from the developers themselves.

Oh, and you should check out the Vita gameplay videos on YouTube taken in E3, like KZ: Mercenary and Tearaway. I know they were announced before E3, but it still shows that great games are coming.

11. StepS’s avatar

It looks like two PS2 :) 2 + 2 :)

12. tonyuk73’s avatar

You do know now after reading and watching this blog, you are going to cost me a small fortune.but its all good.:-D

13. Justin’s avatar

I think the gameplay was actually freezing during Assassin’s Creed. If you watched during Destiny it was doing the exact same thing at the start (but not as badly.) While watching Destiny I think they had multiple people playing at the same time and I believe they switched the console stream while playing.
    For example when it was all black I think is a time they switched to avoid that issue again.
    Who knows though maybe I’m just crazy.

14. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

If you were watching the trailer, you would have noticed that he didn’t want to eat something. I’ve seen kids do this in real life when they didn’t want to eat something gross. Also, FFXV is NOT new, it’s just Versus XIII. Square Enix cheated out and just used the Versus game as an excuse to show ‘the new Final Fantasy’. I’ll probably be still play the hell out of it, but I’m kind of scared at what they’ve changed and if they haven’t, then it’s truly not the next Final Fantasy, it’s still an iteration of the Fabula Nova Crystalis project.

1. wololo’s avatar

I stand my ground. Real kids dont do that. I am not talking about the pouting, but the “look at my cheeks, I’m a blowfish” act.

1. UE’s avatar

yeah I have seen it happen a lot, children that get away with things by being “cute” will do stuff like this.

2. FKurosF’s avatar

(the excess text should be hidden or something…this ended up being considerably more extent than I had previously antecipated… I apologize for that :( )

I also have seen kids, several times, inflate their mouths when they want to show disapproval for something they have just been told. I have also seen western women, way past their 20th birthday, do it in pretty much the same manner (with the added effect of looking, or wanting to look, cute)… if this is the result of japanese media influence, I wouldn’t know, but I also don’t think it matters, since a good part of the world have, together with the language, implemented american habits and behaviours/quirks in their everyday life as a result to the constant exposure to american culture. I agree, that in that image Noctis “inflation” looks considerably more exaggerated than a kid would normally look in real life (maybe because he’s mouth was full?), but even then, I see nothing wrong with it, almost every game we see nowadays exaggerates, in one way or another, reality (exaggerated movements, feelings, human physical resistance, etc…).

I have not been around many japanese kids to know if this is something they would more often do (or at all) than western kids (I’m going to guess they do though). But again, if they do,nothing wrong with it, western kids also do their own things as a way to show disapprovement (hoping to get out of things by playing with others’ feelings), be it with their “puppy eyes” (which some times, concerning girls, it comes with a little wiggle, or rotation of the body) or as simple as just lowering their heads… my point is, japanese kids were raised with a different set of media and culture inflicting influence over them, so it’s only understandable that their idea of “cute” as a way of self-defense would be different.

Just two more things.

1 – Yes, although that little Noctis is a little exaggerated, and therefore a little weird, he is still very cute :p… XD.I am sad to realize that the kawaii side of the force is weak with you Wololo XD.

2 – I agree, that video is brilliant to say the least, and it shows that Sony, at least more recently, have been trying to understand gamers, and have a considerably better understanding of how the internet, and its sense of humor, works, than Microsoft does… let’s just hope that this “understanding” is not something that just appears in E3s that preceed the launch of important systems, just like if this was some political elections (yes, even if just a result of Microsoft playing the “villain” part, my sceptical side is finding all this “hero” Sony that understands the people, very peculiar… going by recent past experiences that is).

3 – Just play Kingdom Hearts already ^^. I mean, when I first played the game, I was still pretty much a teenager, so the music and the entire ambience got to me much more than it will probably do to you, but nonetheless it is still a great game with (at least after the first one) a considerable more complex story than you would guess by looking at it XD.

15. Dave’s avatar

You sure wololo? It’s called Pouting, all kids do it.

1. wololo’s avatar

They dont blow their cheeks like that. Girls here do this to make their face look rounder, to look like kids. I wont pretend I’m a kid expert, but I have yet to see a kid do this in such an exaggerated way.

1. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

I’ve seen at least three small children do this in at least the last few years. I have the utmost respect for you, wololo, but you surprised me here, lol.

1. wololo’s avatar

Haha, ok… well, I’m not really known for my skills with people in general, so maybe I’m not a good observer of kids :)

1. Z’s avatar

Is it wrong that I’m a 15 year old guy that does this? I don’t even do it because I want to look ” cute”, it just became sort of natural for me, LOL

16. Mexicouger’s avatar

Sony, for the first time you have impressed me. Microsofts Xbox One has hit the gaming switch off for me. After reading this article though, Sony has turned it back on *Gives sony an applause*. It comes to show who really is the selfish one through the next generation consoles. The PS4 has just as good of specs as the Xbox one(To my knowledge, I could be wrong), it has many new features that are great to have, it’s a much more reasonable price than I had expected(And better than the XBox one), and it plays used games. And to think I have always been an Xbox fanboy..

17. fackwololo’s avatar

you fucking retards I though this site was for psvita hacking not some gay ass gaming news stop already with you shitty news No one gives a shit you better bring some news on vita hacking developement

1. wololo’s avatar

We’re also gamers :)
      The news on the vita hacking front are slow, I’m not gonna make things up just to fulfill your crave for hacking articles.

1. mlc’s avatar

you could make a few things up

we’ll all be excited

lol

1. Thrawn’s avatar

I have found that site for you, I can vouch for it:
          They have all the hacks an stuff 4 you, go there NOW.

2. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

I for one am grateful for these updates, I check this site every day :)

2. Loketar’s avatar

I use this site as my main source of gaming news, keep it as it is please.

18. Tnutbutter’s avatar

Looks better than the Xbox One. The price does surprise me. The exclusives look promising. I just hope you can do more with the ps vita with the PS4. It would be sad for it to be forgotten.

19. Someone Else’s avatar

This, to me, feels like the atmosphere from the PS1 days. The games actually look fun, and have that old “Playstation” feel back. I can’t even describe what I mean.

Was for PS4 already but E3 got me like twice as excited.
    I don’t think I’m in the minority.

20. Thrawn’s avatar

Well no buying before the first three price cuts for me. All good things are three. And also no buying before there is a customer base which writes reviews, error reports, negative things, positive things, all features detailed and ironed out on the cost of the userbase :)
    No go my minions and preorder lots of ps4s so that you can report to me what is true and what is not. cl4ptr4p my hero, just to funny *rofl*

21. derpington5’s avatar

Not familiar with Kingdom Hearts?
    :’(
    I climaxed at least twice when I saw KH 3 during e3

1. wololo’s avatar

Yeah, sorry about that, I realize this is a major franchise, but somehow I never played it, I didn’t want to comment on a game I only know by reputation.

1. aces’s avatar

Actually, you’re not missing much. It must be one of those like it or leave it franchises. Played 30 minutes worth, not for me.

2. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

To be honest, that’s much better than most sources react to something that don’t know about. The HD collection is coming out in September I believe, you could get that and play through the first half of the series and see what you think! :)

22. Online Gamer’s avatar

I’m down with an online subscription. This is actually a godsend for Sony Gamers and Fighting Game players on PS4. Why? For starters the online for PS3 now is ass. Period. Try playing any game that requires frame perfect timing in the heat of a match. If you’ve ever played a fighting game on PS3 online, you know what I mean. This is because Sony does not host dedicated servers for all of their online games.

Meanwhile Xbox 360 has great online, for a price. This price is justified because Microsoft actually hosts servers for their online service to ensure minimal to no lag.

That said, I hope Sony upgrades their online to the same level as the 360′s. As a competitive gamer, I want this and I am willing to pay for this for $50/year.

1. fate6’s avatar

lol MS does not host any servers for the X360

well TBH I have never actually looked into it but I do know for a fact that all Halo games and CoD games are P2P
      BF3 servers are hosted by EA BTW
      (same goes for all EA games)

oh and same Gears of War

23. twigg’s avatar

Sony just dick slapped microsoft

24. Mr Koolaid’s avatar

Youre a nerd bro. what the hell do you know about getting laid and shit LOL xD

1. wololo’s avatar

True, true. But my point remains. Kids just dont do that face when they are angry. Only japanese girls in their twenties do that face.

2. fate6’s avatar

you should ask his wife :3

1. Chasez671’s avatar

He does have one right? haha I can’t remember

1. FonFon’s avatar

Yup he’s married and has a child.

25. LuKe_AA’s avatar

Don’t worry Microsoft, keep playing with your Used Game block; a hacker will sort the issues for you.

26. poop’s avatar

destiny a typical fps.. u sir are fucking retarded. yes ur opinion made you retarded.

1. wololo’s avatar

Do explain, what makes that game a non typical fps, because the demo did not show me much, besides the fact that the way weapons are attributed is going to make a great excuse for expensive DLCs.

1. fate6’s avatar

actually its more of a MMO
        and yes I am a Bungie fanboy :D

2. GuitaristMatt’s avatar

It looks like borderlands meets halo right?

1. fate6’s avatar

not exactly but yes that is one way of thinking of it ^__^

its like they took everything people liked about Borderlands and Halo then put them together
          best part is it seems to work really well 0__0

27. shades’s avatar

Couldn’t agree with you more on Final Fantasy XV, wololo. The whole “emo” thing FF has had going since Cloud was fresh and neat back in the 90′s, but nowadays it’s cheesy, dorkish, and oddly downright creepy. Every time I saw one of the characters with their bangs flying in their face I stifled a laugh.

Either choose reality or anime-ality, or mix it up in an INTERESTING NEW way. I really couldn’t take it seriously.

On the flip side, Kingdom Hearts 3 made my jump. Too bad knowing Squeenix it’ll be six years until it’s out . . .

1. Kazu’s avatar

Whoa, the emo thing is over, every person who has long hair isn’t emo. If you look back on the 2011 trailer it shows he has a very loud and cocky personality. Can’t look at someone’s appearance and determine if they’re emo or not. I don’t see how you can say that’s childish and dorky, when you got excited for KH, which is the dorkiest game in history (Good, but dorky).

2. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

Just an FYI, this is pretty much the norm in Japanese pop culture; Meet the GazettE

These are the less frivolous fashions explored by Japanese artists. Look up other bands like Alice Nine or Ayabie and you’ll get an even bigger surprise, lol.

28. zakaiya’s avatar

Quick question guys, any updates on open CMA? Does it work with firmware 1.12 or not? I need my privacy :/

29. Sharlock93’s avatar

One of the reasons I love sony is because they made the PS Vita, PS3 and now the PS4 region free….this is important as i live in ME…and this way my money will help the game developers, where for the PS2 i had to buy pirated games and mod the PS2, god that was a headache..

30. srk1634’s avatar

People give this a read, as Sony America’s CEO Jack Tretton clarifies or elaborate about sony’s policy about used games and DRM

Kanpai!

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Interesting yep, but still it’s not all that bad. Imo used titles are a part of the market system, if thy cut that out it would be all over. On the pc, the developers and publishers already killed the “used game” market, consoles were the last stand. If sony would let them do as they want to, publishers would kill the platform out of greed, leaving no difference between a pc, ps4 and xbox.

31. gunblade’s avatar

final fantasy need tactics n more warcraft a fighting system like derge n vangrant story dissidia ooh n serqueal to there old games (like ffv3 v2r)

1. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

I half way understood what you said, but I agree with everything that I did :) A new Tactics game would be awesome! :D

32. gunblade’s avatar

wandeing what ps3 acesseries work with the ps4 wana use my bluetooth keyboeard… on the ps4 so i can play games from my playstation ps3 thats on my ps3…. since backword play on the ps2x2 for the ps3 like streamed how does that work with the ps3 hard copies i have…guessing my ipad works with the ps5-4+1×3.. i guess ps plus be alright if u have to subcribe to network service..

1. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

…what?

33. omnipotent’s avatar

I agree with wololo about ff15. Ff13 was a huge failure and not like any other ff. If they want to do this ,create a new game line and call it a rpm ROLE PLAYING MOVIE. Just press x button until next video clip

1. DeathOfChaos’s avatar

Funny you should say that. Tetsuya Nomrua specifically designed an element with XV that makes it to where you can play during in game cut scenes so that you can interact with the world during it.

34. gunblade’s avatar