Scam of the day: psvitaisogames.com. Full Free Vita ISO games are not so free…

scam_emailI don’t mind piracy. I mean, I’ve always been clear on this blog that piracy is a matter of personal decisions, ethics, and, basically, if you pirate, well it’s your choice and I’ll try to not judge you. After all I’ve been in high school too, a long time ago. But there’s one thing I really hate, it’s people making money out of piracy, and even worse are the people who don’t seem to see it as a problem, such as the thousands of users of the True Blue Dongle. If money is involved, it should go to the right people: the developers of the game.

I’ve tried in the past to explain this, but I failed, so this time I’m trying a new approach: I’ve decided to run a series of articles where I debunk those scam websites that pretend to provide you full PS Vita games for free, ps vita isos games, vita hacks, or other “full iso for free without buying”.

My target today is a site called psvitaisogames.com. That site is 100% fake, and as I’m trying to not give them too much advertising, I won’t link directly to them here. Also, next time you see somebody mentioning psvitaisogames.com, I humbly suggest you point them to this article.

Let me restate this: psvitaisogames.com is a scam website, this is a fake and definitely will not let you download (let alone play) Vita isos.

Let me elaborate…

The PS Vita is one of the few consoles on which (at the time of this writing) games cannot be pirated. That does not prevent many people from looking in search engines for information about ps vita isos, or free ps vita games.

We’ve all gone through this: when a reliable source tells us something is not doable, we all at some point wanted to believe in some sort of conspiracy theory: hackers are hiding the true hack from me, the one that will let me download Vita games for free, but surely google will have the answer I am looking for!

Whenever there is a large amount of people searching for popular keywords (such as “free games for vita” or “download games vita”), scammers see this as an opportunity.

Why they do this

The goal of these people is to find a “niche” concept, where they can rank as high as possible in google search results, and somehow make money from that traffic. Money, as usual, is the main reason behind these scams. This is no different for scam site psvitaisogames.com, a site which pretends to offer you a way to play pirated vita games for free (a.k.a. Free Vita Isos)

psvitaisogames

when it looks too good to be true, it’s too good to be true

How they make money

There are several ways for websites to monetize traffic. Popular ways to do that are “pay per click” advertising, or affiliate links. Monetizing traffic on a website is not a bad thing by definition (I myself use Amazon affiliate links and google adsense on this site), but a “typical” website will generally provide a service that its users find useful, in a way that they actually want to come back to the site regularly.

psvitaisogames.com, on the other hand, is closer to a “bait and switch” type of website: they’ll make money out of your clicks, install a few viruses on your machine in the process (note, in their defense, they are not the ones actually installing those viruses, but they use shady advertising companies, that do) and by the time you realize you were tricked, it will already be too late.

Of course such websites generally don’t use adsense or Amazon. Trusted advertising companies such as google regularly check the quality of the sites showing their ads, and scam websites such as psvitaisogames.com probably wouldn’t pass these checks. But there are many other ways for such shady sites to make money.

free-money

psvitaisogames.com make money with at least three sources of income:

• clickbank: psvitaisogames.com promote the sale of some software called GameBackupSystem, through clickbank. They basically get a percentage of the sale every time somebody buys GameBackupSystem through them. For all I know, that piece of software is probably a series of open source tools repackaged and sold. It really doesn’t have any value and doesn’t bring anything that you wouldn’t find for free on scene websites, don’t buy it.
  • Donations: I don’t think psvitaisogames.com is getting any money from donations, but the paypal link probably makes them look legit. “look, we’re nice guys, people help us with the server costs!”
  • Paid surveys with filespeedy.net (also known as astrocash). That’s probably the main source of income for psvitaisogames.com. This is a hosting system where people have to fill a survey before being able to download your files. The owners of psvitaisogames.com then get paid a percentage of the money that is paid by the survey company to filespeedy.

How you get scammed

First of all, I’ll state the obvious, but if you ever manage to pass the barrier of viruses that stand between you and the download, you’ll sadly realize that the files are absolutely not vita game packages, and if they were, they would never run on your PS Vita because of Sony’s DRMs. In my attempts, the downloads ended up being bogus and redirecting me to the “astrocash” homepage.

More importantly, in the process of trying to download the files you will:

• Run a heavy risk of installing a virus (a vast majority of the “surveys” from filespeedy.net are actually “free downloads” infected with malware or viruses)
  • Indirectly send money to the scammers, as they get paid every time you try to use filespeedy.net to download their fake files
  • if you have a facebook account, “Like” them on facebook without even knowing about it, through some automated clickjacking hack running on their site
  • The most stubborn among you will probably try several times (giving them even more money in the process, and getting more viruses), end up being frustrated and maybe try to actually buy their GameBackupSystem software.
  • Waste an insane amount of time

If you are a good candidate, they probably make between $10 and $30 on you by the time you give up, while you ended up with viruses on your computer, less free time in your day, and absolutely no iso on your Vita.

psvitaisogames_virus

You’re going to have to wilingly install a Virus before you can download… another virus

How they pretend to be legit

psvitaisogames.com have several ways to appear like a legit website. One of their tricks, as I mentioned above, is that some of the links on their website hide a “facebook like” button, and without knowing about it, just by visiting their site, you end up being one of their supporters. They currently have more than 10’000 people liking them on facebook, which are either real people who got tricked, or fake accounts.

Another thing they do is a series of fake “comments” on their website. The comments are reasonably clever, and look like they could have been asked by real people. But, paradoxically enough, there are too many “it works!” comments, it becomes too good to be true. But again, those are difficult to judge before you’ve tried to download one of their things, and realize there’s no way in hell so many people are satisfied with the service.

Additionally to that, psvitaisogames.com, like many other scam websites, advertise for their service through the illusion of “random” comments on more legit websites like us. They target sites like ours, with credibility in the scene, pretend to be a random commenter with questions such as “I’ve seen this psvitaisogames.com site, which has isos, it seems to be legit, what do you guys think?”. This contributes to bringing them more traffic, apparent legitimacy, and more gullible people.

They also have a facebook page, a twitter account, and probably (although I haven’t found any) youtube/dailymotion videos pointing to their website. This contributes to artificially boost their credibility in the eyes of search engines and of real people.

Conclusion

psvitaisogames.com is one of the many scam websites on the internet that pretend to have free vita isos for you to download. This site is not only a scam making money out of gullible people, it is dangerous and a vector of malware. I was honestly initially trying to prove that the stuff they distribute is not legit, but I had to stop given the amount of red flags my antivirus spit at me. The conclusion is obvious: stay away from this site and let your friends know about it too.

There are many sites like this one, and their tricks are always the same. Try to stay away from sites that promise you a download in exchange for a survey in general, and sites that use filespeedy.net in particular. Filespeedy.net, and the site behind it astrocash.org seem to be extremely fishy advertising platforms, that don’t hesitate to let viruses go through their systems. Their whole terms and conditions are solely available in Polish, which (coincidence?) happens to also seem to be the country where psvitaisogames.com is registered. I have nothing against Poland, but an advertising service that only has T&C’s in Polish when the rest of their interface is in English just feels too fishy to me. (Astrocash has a 13% rating on scamadviser.com, which is extremely low)

Clickbank in itself is a legit service, but it is used by so many fishy sites, that it is a warning flag as well (I have used clickbank in the past, but gave up on that system given the poor quality of the products actually sold there). For example, for console hacks, the “tools” being sold on clickbank are repackaged versions of free tools such as VHBL.

What you have to keep in mind is that if such a “miraculous” solution to run PS Vita isos was actually available and out in the open, sites like wololo.net or other reputed scene websites would be all over the place talking about it. People would also immediately be sharing the techniques on many forums, upload the “hacks” or “isos” to dropbox, mediafire, and other hosting services without required survey. Sony would also be taking immediate measures, either legal or technical. When nobody’s talking about it, it’s not because it a well guarded secret, it’s because it doesn’t work.

At the time of this writing, the only way to play ISOs on the vita is to use CEF or ARK. These tools only allow people to play PSP isos on the vita, NOT PS Vita isos, and only run on specific firmwares. In particular, there is no public method as of today to run PS Vita isos, on any Vita firmware.

Verdict: psvitaisogames.com is 100% fake (will not provide the service they claim to provide) and dangerous (has malware and viruses). Avoid at all costs.

The same is true for the websites pointing to it, such as psvitaisogames.skyrock.com

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

I am pretty sure that this is a conspiracy from you wololo :lol:

just kidding, Sometimes it is just so sad how easily people get tricked.

1. SuzieJoeBob’s avatar

People are cheap on a whole. Many people wouldn’t think twice about doing all of this, as long as they “know” they are going to get a free game in the end.

2. GlueGun’s avatar

Speaking Of Scam,
    hey wololo, if you make in adf.ly site your revenue whould sky rocket!
    type: second page complete.
    xD xD xD, man why don’t you MAKE money of adf.ly? people would support
    your Link’s, like for example: adf.ly, then your site’s like makesmarttv and this site?
    well this is a quistioniareiy…but is those survey sites in Japan relly like that?
    all injected virus or is it just uploader…:)

1. hgoel0974’s avatar

most survey sites are like that. Also, wololo doesn’t use adf.ly because the adv. interferes with the website, it distracts people and eventually people would just stop coming because they don’t like the adv. they get every time they visit the site.

1. fate6’s avatar

actually we don’t allow monetized links at all

3. GlueGun’s avatar

well the moral of that post was about stupid sentence people miss and Continue to that downloads…lol

4. wartaf’s avatar

great news!! i wanna spread that kind of news also but too lazy to do that :D

5. man_of_power05’s avatar

i explored some scam sites like this in the past (not a computer running windows obviously) because i find it so funny that no matter how much they might say that there are no surveys involved, somewhere down the line a survey is involved.

1. Je-Al’s avatar

ahah yeah agree 100%

6. MorbidDesire’s avatar

I gave up adblock cause I didn’t want to block legit people’s income, but now that I see how bad the internet ads are, I want to turn adblock back on.

7. JeoWay’s avatar

Finally, you/someone posted about this. I posted about how the scene works and how Transamgrafx is a scam (as my decoy).

8. Fuckencio’s avatar

lo único que desearía seria un exploid nativo para emuladores e isos de PSP/ The only thing I want would be a native exploid emulators and PSP isos/私が望む唯一のことは、ネイティブexploidエミュレータおよび/ PSPのISOイメージになります

9. poec’s avatar

I got scammed once by wololo, he turned me to blue team ;____;

10. NeonFlux’s avatar

Excellent big heads-up read about scamming websites and from their evil money-making tricks.. There was a time when I was really tempted to try and see if I could download free vita games, but I knew in the back of my mind that it is probably a scam and it just seemed way too soon for the vita to be hacked….

11. yosh’s avatar

Interesting analysis wololo :D

12. GodGamer’s avatar

1. fate6’s avatar

yep I can vouch for it :3

1. jeremy’s avatar

I found a website that totally works!

nonscampsvitaisogamesthatworkforreal.com

13. makak1984’s avatar

Nice Wololo, now their website is blank :D maybe only for me :D – even source of site is clean as testpage ;-)

14. Paul’s avatar

Lol, they pretend to have a GTA SA iso for vita xD

15. Thankful’s avatar

thanks for information

16. Kristian’s avatar

Just out of curiosity, would ps vita games be .iso files?

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Nope. More like .pkg or .psvita but not .iso as there is no optical media to use that standard on.

2. fate6’s avatar

nope only it would be a ROM since Vita uses cartridges

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Yeah you’re right, technically it is a rom. But the ending would be .psvita, like the naming of the nds roms .nds .

17. John’s avatar

I hate sites like this one, they should be banned (F Y M F).

18. jlo138’s avatar

Your advertising the site which sucks but you have to to get your point across. I’m glad you did this though because when someone searches those key words, this site will eventually show up for somebody. Saving them that trouble if they are gullible or too young to know any better. But yeah, I don’t see how people fall for that but they want something so had they don’t think.

19. Gryser’s avatar

I think this kind of sites is a kind of natural selection.

1. thewizard’s avatar

Haha, totally! To me it just seems like common sense not to trust websites or advertising like this, but thats probably because i spend too much time on the internet lol.

20. Chuckthetekkie’s avatar

Too bad that these fake sites are located in countries where we can’t shut them down easily. Some countries actually allow and support piracy.

I also don’t like sites that use shady file sharing sites that give you an EXE to run which doesn’t work for me since I use Mac OS X.

Just to be clear, the current Windows Platform cannot be infected by a virus and there hasn’t been a real virus in many years. Basically it’s Malware now.

Also when downloading a file, check the file size. REAL ISOs and game images typically are hundreds of megabytes or gigabytes. Sometimes the file size is a dead give away.

Also these “Survey Download” file sharing sites typically never let you download the file you are trying to download. Probably because there is no file to download and they are trying to trick you into downloading and installing Malware and Crapware.

I like these fake sites that use advertising that pretends to show you an anti-malware program scanning your “C:\” drive. Since Mac OS X doesn’t use a “C:\” drive. I know it’s a scam.

You need to post more fake sites so people are aware.

Also almost ANY Youtube video showing you something that this site says cannot be done right now is a fake. So many people have fallen victim of Youtube video scams which give you links to download Malware.

21. DA_Psp’s avatar

Hey wololo, I was wondering if devs will soon release a kernel exploit for the vita 2.10-2.12? It has been a really long time since they have released one. You talk about how they have a lot of exploits, but we don’t seem to get any of them, I respect all the work you guys do for the community and hopefully in the near future a kernel exploit or even better a native vita cfw.

22. arch’s avatar

i visited that site a couple times, actually considered getting a few games from there.

thanks tho, really appreciate this post.

23. omg yes’s avatar

Thanks for the website. It works 100%. I have a lot of games for the Vita now. All free, too!

1. LoLqPeZ’s avatar

And here, we have an example of either a troll or the website itself pretending it is legit.

Also, I found an actual way to get free games on your ps vita that works 900% legit. All you have to do is to send your account details (username, password, security questions, etc) to FAKE.RETARD.UNTRUE@scammer.com. To be successful, your account must have $259 or else it will not work.
      TrollFace corperations

2. googleme’s avatar

lol im pretty sure that psvita will never have isos as it doesn’t us any optical drive so you probably got a working virus lol

3. alpmaster’s avatar

Funny thing is they never explain how they got it to work. LOL LOSERS.

24. Shapeshifter’s avatar

Most people don’t google these things and then cry when they get a virus…most of my friends will download a lot of movies and stuff and it’s named like moviename.exe and stuff(virus!!)

25. psvitalover’s avatar

so you decided to check out the link that i posted ? if you are interested i can give u more names of other scam websites for the ps vita. believe me the is more where that came from !

26. Kial’s avatar

Ad blocker plus for the win :) but I’m very glad someone brought thing up thank you wololo there are so many people that get tricked in these scams.

27. John’s avatar

omg yes, you troll, you shouldn’t be hear you psvitaisogames.com thief.

28. John’s avatar

I want to have players to run movies on PS Vita.

29. Robert’s avatar

Hello Can you please see this scam website? It’s gamepsvita(dot)com. Supposedly they have android for vita and ios for vita( this is b.s. by the way). It also might be this site you were talking about but they changed it.

1. wololo’s avatar

Thanks. I have an article ready for those guys too, and yes, obviously they are scam :)

30. Cercata’s avatar

Very good analysis. I wonder why people still falls on these scams.

By the way, there is a web site where you can have FREE VITA ISOs !!!! sonyentertainmentenetwork.com !!!!! For 50$ a year with PSN Plus, it’s really worth it, and you don’t expend time searching the net for pirated games !!!

1. Thrawn’s avatar

Watch out, that site is also a scam. :)

31. Sheon’s avatar

ya any site with a survey i just avoid and being that thee vita cant even play pirated games yet i know its a scam hell u can even fucking dump the roms yet……

It will probably never happen anyway Sony has learned from there mistakes on the psp…

32. noname120’s avatar

Noticed the “testimonials”?
    It’s only an image taken from youtube or reworked!

Here is the “testimonials” image XD:

33. noname120’s avatar

Have you seen the author of all download posts?
    Yes it is “Sony”. I highly doubt Sony would post PSVita free ISOs on a third-party website :D

34. Thrawn’s avatar

Why not, I thought they had so much mony that they would give away all that stuff for free? Sh*t, and again no free games. :[

35. nCadeRegal’s avatar

As always wo**** very interesting and informative read. It cracks me up that people actually think these kinda sites are legit. Hey can i get some adware and malware over here?

36. Je-Al’s avatar

WOLOLO those sites..have apps of ios in VITA..ahahha..so freaking unbelievable

37. _wololo’s avatar

the game exploit 2.12 ps vita is aper wars

38. _wololo’s avatar

is paper wars sorry

39. the_z’s avatar

dowloader paper wars or sony elimitated this psn

40. Vaericke’s avatar

I think people fall into these scams because they have no money. I mean a lot of people in the internet are not “all rich” due to the fact that 90% of the world is considered poor. So basically people who do not have money also want to enjoy the same services that those who have money are availing so they resort to these free scams.

41. Romeo’s avatar

I knew it that website u mention is just a fake there is no way tht cma can read iso files only idiot gonna trust tht

42. LonGDicK’s avatar

Damn greedy people making gay bogus websites.. It’s all about sharing open source..