E3 Primer, What You Need To Know.

If you haven’t realised, E3 is in a couple of days, so I’m here to inform y’all (as always) ;)

In this article you’ll find what conference is when, and what games will be there. (Tip: Sony will be showcasing 40 games!)

Now, it’s pretty obvious what conference’s are on already, Xbox, Sony…… EA and Ubisoft are also holding their own conference. (Not Nintendo this time, sorry)

But let’s get to it then.

All times are Pacific Time (PT)

Here are the livecast shows for PS

Tuesday 11th June: PlayStation LiveCast show – 8.00pm/9.00pm to 2.00am BST/3.00am CET
Wednesday 12th June: PlayStation LiveCast show – 6.00pm/7.00pm to 2.00am /3.00am
Thursday 13th June: PlayStation LiveCast show 6.00pm/7.00pm to 2.00am/3.00am

And Microsofts:

Show Day Time Where watch

Xbox: A new Generation of Games Revealed

June 10 12:30p – 2p ET Xbox LIVE Xbox.com &
Spike TV (US/Canada)
Xbox @ E3 – LIVE coverage from the show June 11 7p – 8p ET Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com
Xbox @ E3 – LIVE coverage from the show June 12 7p – 8p ET Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com
Xbox @ E3 – LIVE coverage from the show June 13 7p – 8p ET Xbox LIVE and Xbox.com

Major Nelson also said on his blog post telling us how to watch the shows that he’ll be hosting a 1 hour even after each of the shows. He says:

‘ I’ll be hosting a live one-hour show from the show each day. During each hour we’ll take a closer look at some of the announcements, interviews with developers, gameplay and more.’

Right what do we know about E3 already, well there’s the Playstation E3 teaser video I reported on which shows snippets of the PS4 console itself. There’s  also been an Xbox E3 video announcement, and here it is!

I looked through the video, and what I got from it was:

• Forza 5
  • Halo 4
  • Halo Live Action Series
  • Splinter cell Blacklist
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Gears of War: Judgement (?)
  • UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Fifa 14
  • NBA Live 14
  • Dance Central 4(well, at 0:24 there’s usher dancing)
  • South Park: The Stick Of Truth
  • Battlefield 4
  • Dark Souls II
  • Quantum Break

Not bad, and remember they’ll be showcasing 15 more exclusives at the show. It’ll be a long night for me.

Along with the games/ tv programs, they showed the console, controller, kinect, and a few apps being ‘snapped’

PlayStation have also showed an E3 conference trailer, I’ll stop yabbering and put a link to the video here:

What I saw in this video was:

• The Witness
  • Diablo (I think, at 0:22)
  • Unreal Engine 4 tech demo
  • Knack
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Tearaway

And that’s it from the video, but in the description they have listed a few more games:

• Beyond: Two souls
  • Destiny
  • DriveClub
  • The Evil Within
  • Gran Turismo 6
  • Killzone:Shadow Fall & Mercenary
  • The Last Of Us
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order

It also says in the description, ‘and many, many more. All told, we’re planning to showcase more than 40 games across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

If you fancy watching the livestream on your Vita, it says it will be hosted on the nico nico app, although it doesn’t seem to be in the EU store… Fred Dutton, PS.Blog manager of the EU has said they’ll find a way to do so, however, but there’s been no news on that yet.

I did a time conversion for UK time, and it turns out the Sony conference will be on at 2AM joy!

What are you most anticipating at E3?

Here’s something that you may not know about:

I’m guessing a few of these games are some of the exclusives, I can’t make out a few, all I’ve got is Banjo Kazooie Fable IV, Forza, Quantum Break, Halo Spartan Assault that’s about the ones I can recognise, if you can see more, comment below!

Oh! And don’tforget that Sega logo that Tonakai reported on a few days ago.

1. Tjoeb123’s avatar

You mean Halo 5, right? And I sure as hell hope Banjo-Kazooie Gruntyland won’t be another Nuts and Bolts.

1. Mr. McGoo’s avatar

No has it but halo 5 is also listed in the bottom right correr.

2. Oreo’s avatar

If you pause the xbox one video at 00:30 on the left it looks like Dark Souls 2….

1. Yojim’s avatar

Because It is Dark Souls 2?

3. Je-Al’s avatar

i think i prefer ps4 because i have vita that some features are awesome xD

4. Tnutbutter’s avatar

Why didn’t they give Banjo Kazooie to Sony or Nintendo? They would have made a way better sequel. I myself liked BK N&B, but I sort of hoped for a platformer similar to the first two BK games for N64.

5. coffincolors’s avatar

I believe the Sega logo has something to do with a joint effort between BBC and Sega to create an interactive Earth museum, but I could be wrong..

I’m not planning on getting the Xbox One but it’s nice to see Banjo Kazooie up there, awesome find!

6. Mud’s avatar

That Diablo III snap was more around 0:23 :P I’m a dork. lol

Thanks for the info, I’m having a neardgasum….

1. Minimur12’s avatar

okay so it was diablo 3 then, I said :22 because its on their for less than half a second, so if you click :23 you might miss it :D

7. Justin’s avatar

I wonder if we can watch Microsoft’s conference at xboxone.com

Oh wait….

8. Loketar’s avatar

Is one of the games you can’t make out DE3D RISING I wonder? The font is very similar if not the same used for the previous 2 games and the dropped E just after the D has become almost trademark for the game name.
    Dead Rising three for those that couldn’t make the link.
    As for the Big U shape next to Quantum Break, no clue.

1. Minimur12’s avatar

good spot, I’ve never played dead rising, so I obviously didnt recofnise the font, so thanks :)

2. BahamutBBob’s avatar

I would love Dead Rising 3! I doubt they will, but a side story or port on the Vita would be amazing.

9. KingRaaa’s avatar

@MINIMUR:

You say the E3 app is not for vita on the EU store, but there will be another way out soon.
    If you hear about this are you able to email me and/or make a blog post for us EU people? :)

1. Minimur12’s avatar

sure bud ;)

I’ll post it in the /talk forums, so keep your eye out!

1. Minimur12’s avatar

in Vita\General

10. mongrul’s avatar

i’ll end up watching the highlights that will undoubtly make the front page of youtube for a while =)

11. pSnDeaofly’s avatar

Hopefully E3 will explain everything because im tired of the complaining going on about what dont even know is true. Bring the games, show the PlayStation 4 system and provide in depth details on the systems features and functions. That’s all I want to see.

12. Wrozen’s avatar

Where can we watch the Sony & Playstation E3 conferences? Because I skipped ahead on my DVR to record E3 and all there is on TV is Electronic Arts & XBOX.

1. Minimur12’s avatar

all should be watchable through the following:
      playstation blog