The Photo-Realism Challenge: Physics

You may also like...

1. DQEight says:

Hey! I use a GTX 560 :-D

2. The Budds says:

I still to this day say that Psi-Ops The Mindgate Conspiracy had one great physics engine. The stuff you could do with the game was just insane.

On a further note… wish the game would appear on the PSN network u_u

3. Da says:

You said that “earliest 3D games, like Doom or Wolfenstein 3D, had no physics”. Actually, the first video game I know to have physic simulation of some sort, is fps called System Shock, relased in 1994 (one year after Doom). So while everything you said is perfectly true if you asume that “earliest” means “before 1993″, I think that there were no revolution in terms of technology between the relases of those two games. I mean, System Shock was only a bit more advanced than Doom in terms of graphics, and it’s physics engine was realy simple.

Also, what am I even talking about? In doom, if you shot into a wall with bazooka, you got knocked back off – same thing with enemies, barrels, ect. So doom got physics!

4. OSCAR JOAQUIN DE LA ROSA RAMIREZ says:

enough of this!!!!! we want a hack for PSVITA for play isos

• DeathOfChaos says:

It’s outbursts like that that made coldbird leave the scene for a while. Keep demanding for something you don’t even haveto pay forand they may just keep it for themselves.

• Chris.Beanz says:

If you want the hack so much, why don’t you go and find a kernel exploit yourself? Since you seem to think it’s so terribly easy and all.

• TStrauss says:

1) Hacks are time consuming and difficult. You are welcome to continue checking a dead page because only hack news is posted, or bloggers like myself can continue to try and entertain you while you wait for the good stuff.
      2) NO ONE HERE SUPPORTS PIRACY. HBL/ VHBL cannot run piracy. The bigger hacks in the works are being developed in such a way that they block piracy. Despite idiotic arguments to the contrary, piracy hurts the gaming industry.
      3) You’re a greedy sod for wanting stuff for free. Really want an ISO? Buy it. It’s called capitalism.

• >_> says:

Then hack it yourself, puta.

5. nevercall says:

sv_gravity 9999

NOW JUMP AND DIE xD HAHAHA!!!

6. Tonakai says:

Great and informative article. The first line made me smile a little. An Edwin Starr reference is a great way to start an article. :P

7. The article itself basically reflects how newer games today are focused reinventing the wheel by refining the game physics rather than interesting and creative gameplay itself… oh how lovely.

New flashy games with lack of storyline, content and creativity. Sigh.

• TStrauss says:

The article is purely a tech retrospective. I always thought devs having more tools to make their art was a good thing. I guess not.

• The Budds says:

I think it’s something to the “Star Wars” effect. The last three films that came out first (still confusing I know) feel to have the best set design due to how hard they had to push their imaginations due to limitations.

Take a look at the first three in the series (1,2,3) and it’s pumped up technology budget and it doesn’t feel the same.

(one persons perspective on it:P)

8. zakaiya says:

Great news guys i got my 3rd vita today!!! WOOO HOO!!!

9. dan says:

i dont care about vhbl i just want a meaningful update for the vita.

10. pploco1996 says:

What is the featured game in the last picture?