VHBL: The Z’s exploit only available in EU stores, release postponed?

We’ve mentioned recently that The Z is in possession of a PSP user mode exploit in an undisclosed game, and that he has a VHBL port ready for the game. A few days ago, The Z shared some good and some bad news…

VHBL is a PSP homebrew loader for the Playstation Vita, a tool that allows you to run PSP homebrews inside the PS Vita’s playstation emulator. VHBL has the particularity to only require a psp user mode exploit to run, and was designed to be as easy as possible to port, but its low entry bar also comes with limitations (it will only run psp homebrews, not plugins or isos).

The Z had announced a few weeks ago that he has a running port of VHBL, and he confirmed recently that his port is complete, and could be released any time soon.

Sadly, the PSP game he uses as a vector for his exploit is only available in EU stores (and Australia), in particular it is not available in the US or in JP. This means that only people with an account in a European location would be able to use this exploit. It’s relatively easy to set up an account in another location and to buy PSN credits, but Sony has made it a pain to switch between accounts on the Vita.

The Z announced he would probably release his port for a future Vita firmware (not 2.1x), depending on the importance of releasing a VHBL port at the time (which I understand as: if something better comes up, such as a new release of CEF, he will probably not bother)

Source The Z

1. iLuvThisName’s avatar

once again great job. too bad i dont have EU acct but im still happy with the uno exploit. keep up the good work guys!

1. Mr.MaGoo’s avatar

I do agree. I am definitely pleased with all the work done to the uno exploit. I have collected all exploits available and still feel fortunate for whwt has been provided at the current cost :-) . I am actually going back to school for coputer science and hopefully will be able to contribute at some point in the future. Thank you to all the devs that invest there time.

1. Mr.MaGoo’s avatar

Spell check = FAIL. Lol

1. psvita-freak’s avatar

Using a mobile phone?
          Just use the vita… does not have a spell check… :P

2. Mr.MaGoo’s avatar

I am still running CEF at the moment on US so thank you but I am looking forward to a future release of a kernel exploit. Thank you for all your hard work.

1. kenny2858’s avatar

2nd!

2. FreemyVita’s avatar

Ditto thank all the dev’s for their hard work.

3. Mr.MaGoo’s avatar

Wow 2 people and still no “1st”. Lol

4. chaos_star23’s avatar

ouch. thats just bad news for me. all i want for my birthday (late may) is to be able to play my emulators and homebrew on my vita.

5. Stanf’s avatar

I’d actually care more if it was a kernel mode one..

6. REMF’s avatar

its better to release both kernel and user mode exploit even its for EU account only than nothing. new vita owners at least will have an experience playing PSP games/isos in their Vitas.

1. wolframio’s avatar

do you think that kernel exploit grow in the trees?

1. that fat guy’s avatar

lol binary tree’s.
        good old fashioned programming jokes.

7. StanSmith’s avatar

I think he should keep it for later as its only a VHBL so very limited to what you can do anyway and as its only in the EU store its even more limited to the users of it.
    Wait and maybe he will find a way to turn it into a kernel exploit on a later firmware maybe then release it.

The last vhbl exploit for me did nothing as everything I tried failed to run.
    I will now wait for those kernel exploits where they let ISOs run. Thats what I’m after and waiting for.
    Thats coz the games I run via ISOs are banned in my country so I have no choice but to run them as ISOs. I cant buy them in the PSN store or in the local shops. If they unban them I will gladly buy them.

1. mlc’s avatar

This is actually a pretty good idea, though it obviously depends on if the Z is aware of any coming CEF releases. It could help out some EU people after whatever kxploit firmware game is pulled, although it would still probably be limited to people with PS3′s or two Vitas since Sony is pretty quick to push out a mandatory firmware upgrade after each kernel release.

Depending on how many Vitas he has, though, he might think a personal current firmware VHBL is more useful than an extra game for CEF for a few hundred or thousand people.

8. francis’s avatar

WE NEED A KERNEL EXPLOIT TO RUN ISO’S GAMES… IN A.O. SAME EMULATORS AND HOMEBREWS…MAY OF US WAITS FOR A KERNEL EXPLOIT FOR ISO’S! PRIORITY – KERNEL EXPLOIT – ALL WILL BE HAPPPPPPPYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. svenn’s avatar

Give to http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations and all will be happy to :)

If you wane have an “open” system, buy a android.

1. onnz423’s avatar

Give 100$ for: http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations
        Then you will be happy :)

9. francis’s avatar

BUT GOOD JOB DOE…

10. mike’s avatar

how do you get it up and what do i have to buy for the psn store in order to get the psp iso to work?

1. FIRST!’s avatar

it’s easy. you only need a credit card. Then go to the PSN store in the PSP section and buy any game you like. All downloaded psp isos from PSN will work :D

11. ferky’s avatar

osea que si no esta en japon ni estados unidos no se pone, y si esta en estados unidos y en japon pero no en europa si se pone, iros ya a la mierda con el vhbl, menos mal que no me he deshecho de mi psp. hasta que no haya algo interesante en kernel de vita no quiero saber mas de esta basura. If you don´t understand use google translate

12. vhblfans’s avatar

not 2.1x? it’s 2.20?

13. Annie Schilder’s avatar

Good news. I’m happy with a EU version since I missed the last few exploits. Keep it up!

14. antonio’s avatar

pero vais a poner el puto nombre del juego o que poyas pasa con esta mierda coño

1. jvhellraiser’s avatar

Cojones! que te esperes que no saldra para la 2.10 saldra
      para la firmware 2.20 y el juego solo esta en EU osea Europa .

1. psvita-freak’s avatar

Just an suggestion…
        Please speak English, so other people can read where you’re talking about… :\

15. jvhellraiser’s avatar

As for me I am very happy I had to update to play my new games sadly so I lost my UNO exploit, the worse part for me
    is the emulators but that’s all. thought that a New TN-V in firmware 2.20 would be good.

16. medo’s avatar

pls we need it out sooooooon pls

17. bigmama69’s avatar

Please for ps3 !!!

1. psvita-freak’s avatar

why for ps3?

18. Moi’s avatar

I’m just damn happy I have UNO and 2.02. My second Vita will ensure that I never need to update from 2.02 unless another kernel exploit surfaces. :)

1. inicuo’s avatar

so you have two PSVITAs and one of them you use it for playing PSP games….Wow you’re wise!, i wouldn’t have thought it before… you genius.

1. mlc’s avatar

Plenty of people who were big on PSPs ended up buying multiple… it’s a bit of a waste, but if you can afford it and still pay your bills and eat, it’s not much more wasteful than multiple TVs or any other piece of electronics.

Also a hacked Vita is basically like a super fancy PSP – it can’t be matched in display quality by the cheaper alternatives, so at the moment it is the “ultimate” PSP. ;p

2. Moi’s avatar

That’s a pretty simplistic response there. I actually use it to play my current Vita games too.

And on the topic of genius, if you’re gonna go off slagging others’ intelligence quotients, you had best reflect your superior I.Q. in your writing. On that point you fail, and badly.

2. FreemyVita’s avatar

@moi using your second Vita are you able to play tittles you wouldn’t be able to usually play? I got some DLC but now I have Soul Sacrifice. Using your second vita can you copy your install data to your first vita that hasn’t been updated???

1. FreemyVita’s avatar

Why is this pending the moderation I’m talking transfering install data to bypass Fw check not talking about stealing games……-_-

1. wololo’s avatar

Because you had the word “first” in your post, which triggers moderation… It’s dumb, I know.

1. FreemyVita’s avatar

Oh…I thought you moderated me out. I didn’t do anything. Anyways wololo did you see My comments. Is this possible? Ill get my hands on an updated vita and try it today.

2. Moi’s avatar

Until now, Freemy, the only copying I’ve done is my entire library to my new Vita. I made a backup of my 2.02 Vita and the restored games ultimately played fine on my new Vita once I activated the console to my account and that activation registered on the memory card.

1. FreemyVita’s avatar

I have the battle royal DLC on 2.02. I’m trying to play soul sacrifice. Let you know I’m a few hrs if it works. Fingers crossed!

19. Good job Z’s avatar

Real sucker punch for people like me in the UK

20. pspfanMOHH’s avatar

Stop bugging guys, post useful stuff or questions, 1st, 2nd is just spamming stop, maybe wololo have to make a rule post for blog when he has a busy life.

21. vagner’s avatar

po meu vcs são muita trta lança um expolit para isos em 2.11 eu si qu vcs são capaz disso wololo

22. CaliCatz’s avatar

i have followed wololo since the earlier vita days and thought that u guys are the only one working on the vita exploit, i just came from china and the philippines and damn guys.. i can completely play and import psp games cso/iso on my vita without buying anything from the ps store, i paid 20$ for the exploit and they said that the vita game hacks will be available soon.. i dunno, i’ve searched the net frequently for any new hacks but never found any, i guess they kept it from the public or something

1. wololo’s avatar

I call BS. If such a method existed in stores in China, it would be all over the web by now. These “jailbreak” stores in china and the Philippines only resell other people’s work, there’s no secret for them to keep.

1. JeoWay’s avatar

LOLOLOLOLOL – Why would someone sell others work? I saw a video of a Japanese video game store installing CFW on this guys PSP and a game for like $40.

The guy wanted them to explain what they were doing and they said “Well, we have to unlock your Bootldr, and hack your psp with our special CFW.

You could also clearly see that it was someone elses work. Given the fact that they talked like they barely knew how to put the CFW on the MS in the first place :p

2. FreemyVita’s avatar

Wololo can you PM me plz? I had a theory I wanted to run by you.

23. JeoWay’s avatar

This is a bummer that its EU only. Hopefully later on he can release it for those with EU accounts so at least those people can take the advantage of it ;)

I have myself busy for awhile working on PSM and a few projects (Vita, PS3, School, Work, etc)

24. Tonystarx90’s avatar

I have one question. Is there any possible way to transfer a Downloaded PSN game to the Vita other than through the vita itself and the PS3? I still have my vita running 2.05 and was planning on using the 2.06 exploit. Do I still have a shot? or would I have to wait for the next exploit?

1. FreemyVita’s avatar

Download the game with the exploit then refer to the tutorial on upgrading to specific FW.

1. Tonystarx90’s avatar

Will this even work for the 2.06 exploit? The vita is on 2.11 right now i think? I don’t wanna spend money on something that absolutely will not work. It’s cheap I know, but I would rather risk my money on something that MIGHT work, rather than WON’T work.

Thanks for the answer by the way, FreemyVita.

25. Hellinferno’s avatar

Why people loves pokeshit? XD.I will choose Batman Return of the joker,tetris,teenage mutant ninja turtles,rockman,monsters in my pocket,contra instead of pokeshit.

26. hope’s avatar

ich hoffe das ich es diesmal schaffe, ein exploit spiel zu downlaoden bevor sony es rausnimmt aus den playstation store…

and I wish you all a nice holiday

27. hope’s avatar

I hope I manage it this time, to play a exploit downlaoden before sony takes it out from the playstation store …

and I wish you all a nice holiday

28. Gandalf’s avatar

Hacker making money flipping exploits … magnificent

29. tmann’s avatar

UPGRADE YOUR VITAS AND PLAY SOUL SACRIFICE, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT :)

1. FreemyVita’s avatar

@ Tmann I got Soul Sacrifice but I’m not on the latest Fw. I was wondering if I used Open CMA to transfer the install data from an updated vita if it will work. I have the DLC for Battle royal on my vita 2.02. Any suggestions?

1. tmann’s avatar

no that wont work bc the game checks your fw during the booting process
        trust me, the online multiplayer feature is more fun than a couple of isos

1. FreeFreemyVita’s avatar

What if you Dl on the psn and transfer it via open cma? Could you at least play single player?

2. FreemyVita’s avatar

I hate that your right. It checks for Fw at the boot. Is there any way we could disguise it as another vita game. Batch or umd switch ish…..

30. GlueGun’s avatar

@TonyStarx90
    There Is A Way To Move A App data
    to one vita to other vita.
    one back up your data threw openCMA.
    two make sure you check your whole data, see if somethings missing.
    Three format your Memory Card.
    Four Connect Your Formated Memory Card to your older firmware version
    Five Connect That one. :)
    happy “OPPPEEENN CCMMAA”.
    Oh and your older Vita must be activated…sadly

1. FreemyVita’s avatar

@Glu Gun your right I got some DLC but what about the Soul Sacrifice? If I copy install data from updated vita> P.c> Open Cma> Vita 2.02?

31. ogogo’s avatar

well im still happy with my UNO exploit and the TN-V psp menu

32. ivo’s avatar

hi there, howto install multiman 04.30.00 base or full 3.55 cfw so i can enjoy psp/ps2/ps3 … or is there another way to resign those packages 3.55 ? cant update to cdex cuz dont know about d mode … never will
    thanks

33. chaos_star23’s avatar

wouldnt it be funny if this was posted just to see how whiny and grubby and selfish we all are? Im bummed a little cuz im in the U.S. and im into my Snes and gba emulators and hexen and stuff, meanwhile everyone else is whining about a kernel exploit. gee how many people read the rules here? keep calling the People who are doing this selfish and see what happens…….i dont have the time to get into finding exploits and causing crashes because i a full-time student and dad, but i support this scene and i love how people devote time to things like this becasue they love, not because they want recognition or the want to be cool. And who cares about whether paypal donations are accepted? Im an Artist and im trying to sell my work too but its only whos interested in supporting me, its the same with Programming for homebrew, its something they love so if yo want to support them do it and if you cant or dont want to, dont whine about it. :)

34. aaron’s avatar

poned el puto nombre del xploit ademas eso e que no se puedan meter isos ni eboot no es escusa yo tengo un amigo que jugaba los isos sin meterlos en la carpeta psp game y le hiban bien no es escusa usarlo para decir que como ahora la 2.10 no puede escribirse cosas en dichas carpetas no se puede cargar juegos de psp porque se pueden cargar desde desde la carpeta savergame del exploit

35. dani’s avatar

o.eea que sacaras el expliut en 2.20 o superior? porque no lo sacas ya? valla mierdas que soys de verdad CON CUANTO TE A UNTADO SONY MARICONA. vaya putos mierdas que sois sacas el puto video del vhbl pero no sacas el juego valiebte hijo de la gran puta que estas hecho maricon

36. zqlzql’s avatar

what a game

37. My mega shop’s avatar

of course just like your site however, you need to check the spelling with a number of your site content. A few of them tend to be filled along with spelling complications and i also think it is very difficult to tell the facts nevertheless I will unquestionably can come all over again yet again.