Minimur, WTH Happened This Week? Ratchet & Clank film, More Vita Games, And The OUYA!

Hey everybody, it’s week 2 of my news summary, and if you haven’t realized I’ve decided to re-name it. It’s a bit better, don’t you think? Anyway, on the topic. This week lots happened. Xbox announced the reveal of their next gen console, there’s a new colour controller coming to US, Amazon lists Fifa 14 for the Vita, and here’s the fun one. A 90 year old had a go on the Oculus Rift!

At the bottom of the page, I will provide a full article for you to read if you are interested and want to read more about it.

So, I’ll get started with Vita news first, being as that’s the stuff you really want to know. Like I said above, Amazon has listed Fifa 14 for the Vita. Just like last week I have said I’m not much of a fan of football games, but there isn’t a shortage of them that’s for sure. Any new game coming to the Vita is great, and it usually means (hopefully) more sales, especially an AAA title like Fifa.

That’s what the Vita needs at the moment, an AAA title coming to it, well, not just one. It need’s plenty, You won’t hear someone say ‘That new game Thomas is Alone is out! I’m going to get a Vita now!’

There’s a couple of new games this week, and it isn’t just indie games!

Rayman Legends
Fifa 14
Quell Momento
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery
TxK. (This is an update of  the ’94 multi-console game Tempest 2000.)

Also, Escape Vektor studio Nnooo (yes that is actually their name) are developing a game for Vita and PS4. They haven’t announced anything about their game properly, but they are however hiring. The studio is in Sydney so if you want a job, and live in Sydney there’s a few jobs opening up :)

I’m glad we’ve got a few games coming that are actually worthy of a physical card (Rayman & Fifa 14) unlike all of the indie games, don’t get me wrong some of the games are awesome, but with Fifa 14 on the Vita, and for only $40, which is good due to it being  it’s great that it’s cheaper (Although $40 is quite a bit still).
The game Stealth B**tard was announced at the beginning at this month, but sensibly, it opted for a name change which was chosen by the PlayStation community, and is now called Stealth Inc.- A Clone In The Dark.

Now we all agree that most game/film adaptations are usually crap (excuse my french), however, there aren’t that many CGI game film adaptation, but Blockade Entertainment have announced that they are working on a Ratchet & Clank film, and also a Heavenly Sword film.
There is no PoC as of now for the Heavenly Sword film, there is however a trailer for the Ratchet & Clank film, which I have previously put in one of my articles. Incase you missed it, here it is:

PS3 will be getting the spotlight for a bit now, what happened PS3 wise this week… A few things happened this week you may not be aware of, first of all though you would’ve known about the v4.41 update being as Wololo did a blog post on running PSP ISO’s on your PS3, Ill provide the link below at the ‘weekly blog roundup’. All the system firmware does is update the ‘system stability’ of the console, surprise surprise! Didn’t really work though, did it?

Here’s a great bit of news you Metal Gear Solid fans will love, in fact, you may even squeal like a little girl (I can assure you I didn’t). It is the Metal Gear Solid: Legacy Collection. The retail price set for it currently in Japan is Y7,980 which is roughly $80/£50, no official price has been set for the game over here but we’ll soon find out before it’s release date in June

The collection includes al of the games from 1987 through to last year, if you don’t remember the names of every game. Here they are:

1. Metal Gear Solid
  2. Metal Gear Solid 2: HD Edition
  3. Metal Gear Solid 3: HD Edition
  4. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD Edition
  5. Metal Gear Solid: VR Missions
  6. Metal Gear Solid 4: Trophy Edition
  7. Metal Gear (MSX edition)
  8. Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX edition)

On top of you getting this many games, it also includes two MGS digital graphic novels from Australian comic book artist Ashley Wood. Not to shabby if you ask me, being as £40 is around average for a game in the UK it is a reasonable price at £50 for 8 games! If you own a Xbox, sorry folks you’ve missed out this time, this legacy collection will be exclusively for PlayStation 3.

On topic of new Metal Gear Solid games, there has been a new video about the new game. Many people were surprised to find out that David Hayter, the voice of Snake for 12 years wasn’t the voice of him anymore, even I was. The video doesn’t give much away, it may even be fake, but  in the video he says “a hint of who I will be playing is ‘I am the one you thought I would be playing at the start’ ”

One clever commenter on the video posted this:

“I am the one you thought I would be from the start.”

The voice pack he is using is called David.

David is 6’1.”

The Japanese voice actor is the same for Big Boss, so why would Kojima change the American one?

David’s weird tweets and him changing his avatar to snake.

David has done some acting in Hollywood as well as some animated movies. (ex. Devil’s mile and Lupin III)

David posted he will not be playing Big boss on April fools day.

Is this another one of Kojima’s trolls? Just like the interview with one ‘Joakim Mogren’ and a little bit of a fun fact, he refers to himself as ‘Mr Oni’ – Oni in Japanese is Ogre. (Tomb Raider taught me that!)

There’s a new controller coming to the US. A nice shiny metallic gray. PlayStation have listed their new controller on their official website, but unfortunately for me and everyone else outside of US they will not be sold. That’s right. Only in the US.

There hasn’t been any announcement on dates or prices, it’ll most likely cost arounf $54.99 though, being as thats what the retail price is of the other controllers.

Looking forward to the new GTA V? in 2 days time (30/4/2013) 3 new trailers will be released hopefully showing each of the 3 playable characters, Michael, Franklin and Trevor. As annoyed as I am about it there are still plenty of other games to play, although I can’t wait for The Last of Us, there are so many great games coming this year. If I listed them I would be here all day.

This week on the Xbox official facebook page, they announced they would be having a press conference and they will announce thei next gen console, as I’ve said, I’m pretty excited and am happy to see what Microsoft can bring to the table this time round, as I said on the article when I spoke about it, I love anything techy, you should see how many gadgets I have. It’s ridiculous.

What time is it now Minimur? OUYA time!

I have a bit of news for it, it isn’t really that exciting, but it certainly is impressive.

The OUYA has now passed the 10,000 developer milestone. Yep that’s right, there’s 10,000 people developing for the mug-sized gadget, The head of developer relations, Kellee Santiago, told Joystiq in an interview that the little console has reached the impressive milestone, I can see great things happening with this console, hopefully it will grow immensely over the next few months and become a console with many games, I might have to re-think my decision of not getting it….

You may have heard of the Oculus Rift, Jd8531 mentioned it in an article  back in September, this is the amazing virtual reality bit of kit, and there are many people having fun with it, plenty of videos. I have picked 2 of my favourite that have surfaced this week and here they are:

Weekly blog re-cap:

US PSN Update. Huge Resident Evil Sale, New Games, And More! - I reported on how there was a nice big sale going on for those of you who are living in the US

Microsoft Announce Conference For May 21st ‘A New Generation Revealed’ - Microsoft announced how  they will reveal their next-gen console on 21st May.

EU PSN Store Update, ‘Lost Treasures Sale’, New Games, And More! Again. -  There’s a nice big sale going on with the EU right now!

Introducing the Dual Shock 4! - Hgoel0974 is kind enough to show us a video from PlayStation describing the what the DualShock 4 brings to the table.

Video : PSP Isos running on a 4.41 OFW PS3?  - Wololo shows us the latest FW isn’t as ‘stable’ as you’d think.

New Tech Lets You Go Into Videogames: Sony/Microsoft in Beta Phase - Jd8531′s article on the Oculus Rift

Full Articles:

Fifa 14 listed on Amazon  [Article] [Listing]
Rayman Legends - [Article]
Quell Momento - [Announcement]
Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery – [Announcement]
Stealth Inc- A clone in the dark- [Announcement]
Ratchet & Clank Movie – [Announcement]
Metal Gear Sollid Legacy Collection – [Article]
Playstation metallic gray controller – [Playstation website]

PoC = Proof of Concept, something that proves it is in the works, for example, this is a proof of concept with vHBL

[Convert to your currency here]

Also, I opened the rest of my Sugru, and made these;

They aren’t actually this strong, I unfolded a paper clip and wrapped Sugru in it, then stuck the Sugru to the wall.

I’ve introduced something new in this weekly news sum up, called ‘Awesome thing of the week’, so here’s the first one:

Final Fantasy Cactuar Sabotender 12″ Posable Plush Toy

View its amazon web page here.

I do not own this item, I just saw it and think it looks awesome.

For some reason, a guy named S1nful wanted a shout out on one of my posts. Hello.

1. wololo’s avatar

That video of the grandmother trying the Oculus rift is cute and awesome. Not sure how my own grandmother would react :)

1. Dockotis’s avatar

Maybe the same as if she was playing Wario Ware smooth moves on the Wii like other elderly?… [Hint: Youtube it]

Or maybe she would just simply enjoy it…

Ya never know…

1. E’s avatar

Or maybe she would have a heart attack or lose her mind. You never know. A lot of maybes in this scenario but would you really want to risk it? lol

2. Armax’s avatar

Oh, wow, Oculus Rift was impressive, and i’m actually hoping for the colection on the vita, and soul sacrifice.

Looking forward to the new VHBL.

3. nevercall’s avatar

imagine hack and slash on VR… xD

4. squiggs’s avatar

“arounf” you spelled it wrong, just thought you should know

5. S1NFUL’s avatar

Oh minimur…lol

6. row’s avatar

im so damn excited for Ratchet and Clank the movie

7. chaos_star23’s avatar

could you imagine a daks souls game or even a throwback of first person hack n slash like kings field or eternal ring or shadow tower on the Occulus? MY GODS!

1. TechWolf’s avatar

Don’t even tease like that, bro. King’s Field for real would make sure I never leave the house agian. :D

8. stoneskull’s avatar

i’m excited for Rayman Legends! I platinumed Rayman Origins and am totally ready for a whole new challenge! Can’t wait!

9. Archaga’s avatar

That MGS collection sure does look sweet. If only my PS3 still worked. They should release the same thing (minus MGS4 of course) on the Vita. That would be pretty darn awesome.

10. FLOW’s avatar

You know that someone isn’t from the States when they call soccer football.

1. Dovlek’s avatar

Dude the only place in the whole world football is called soccer is the US so no. Football isla with your feet not hands. American football should be call Handball

1. whaleiam’s avatar

I call American Football, Rugby, before i read Eyeshield 21.

2. gunblade’s avatar

wasent soccer said to be like that myan game with the hoop n ball..

11. FLOW’s avatar

I sooooooo want the OUYA. I hope it does well, if not I may have to rethink my decision… And I don’t want to do any rethinking….

12. Dovlek’s avatar

I just hope PES 14 comes to the Vita. And hoping Soul Sacrifice is as good as either DarkSouls or DemonSouls

13. Randy’s avatar

That MGS Collection is a joke. Just another pointless compilation of games everyone has already played. Albeit amazing games I just think it’s pathetic to put Metal Gear Solid in there. The Twin Snakes needs to be ported over in HD because it’s such a better version of the game. I also really wish Metal Gear 1 and 2 would get remade.

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

+1, except the part about MG1 and MG2 remake, a remake will just destroy the essence of those games. We need no more compilations (we already got the Essential Collection, the HD Collection and PSN, where you can conveniently grab all those Metal Gear games listed) and we sure in hell need no more Metal Gear games, the franchise is already awesome, they should stop now before they make a crap out of it (which they already did partly with MPO and MGS4 and fully did with PW).

1. gunblade’s avatar

i never realy played any metal gear outher then on psone think try the ps3 demo and maybe a ps2 game not sure but never realy played any since ps one

14. boriswinner’s avatar

I hope that they will make GTA for Vita.

1. gunblade’s avatar

i think gta one of the blacklist games dont think it make it to the vita well not the psp one probly vice city or sumthing

15. LuKe_AA’s avatar

I think a HD 2D (3D hybrid at some points) Rayman-like Sonic game on the PS Vita would be awesome given those platforming circumstances.

16. LuKe_AA’s avatar

And then the person playing TF2 with the Oculus tried to Rocket Jump …

17. psvitafreak’s avatar

has anyone tried factory resetting the vita to see if the ofw had been downgraded or set to factory default ?

1. row’s avatar

yea that wont work, factory resetting it just erases every setting you did, doesn’t actually downgrade the console

2. gunblade’s avatar

yea it jus like resetting ur phone setting to defult but it does wipe the vita like a fresh system but then ur still in the firmware u was at before u reset the vita notice u have to go through the hole welcom screen thing again n input info like psn again.. my favorite appp is the welcome app cuz skating n jumping with jus moving the vita coool..

18. cscash241’s avatar

Hey there nice article, I noticed a typo “cost arounf $54.99″ should probably say around

1. gunblade’s avatar

reminds me of this one quite from this one scene from this one movie with Angelina Jolie…

19. pspfanMOHH’s avatar

Cool, 10 in 1 blog post.

1. Minimur12’s avatar

This is the sort of news that isn’t worth 1 blog post on its own, but it’s still worth a read, so 10 of such pieces of news are now worthy of a full blog post :p

20. CaptainObvious’s avatar

So far the main thing that is interesting me about this post is the metal gear solid one…I am new to metal gear solid and i want to play the entire stories. i have two questions:

1)Does anyone know whether the whole story is covered within all these games?

2) Are all of them remastered to vita quality standard or are they just ps1/psp standard?

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

almost the whole story is covered, Portable Ops is missing, and Portable Ops is crucial to understand Big Boss’ change from solo in Snake Eater to commander in Peace Walker, plus a few other things.

1. CaptainObvious’s avatar

Does not seem like much of a “legacy collection” if they miss out some games :(

Would be understandable if portable ops is a ps3 game or something that cannot be ported easily to the vita, but isnt that game on the psp?

So, basically what i should do to get as much of the *main* story is:
        -buy metal gear solid legacy collection
        -buy portable ops

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

Portable Ops is a PSP exclusive game, and I can understand if they choose not to port it to the ps3, because of its name (“Portable Ops”) and probably the fact that it’s a money pit to upgrade the game so it looks normally on a big screen, and the psp emulator is out of question as the game would look awful. But they shouldn’t advertise this as a “complete collection” when it clearly lacks a game.

21. Tjoeb123’s avatar

Actually, that FW update enabled automatic downloads for games purchased from the Web store.

1. gunblade’s avatar

the vita firmware update download thing stupid it had the 210 one but as soon as the 211 came out it was already download n on the vita…

22. capcomlegend’s avatar

Smh no MGS Acid 1 & 2…barely a collection … Waiting for that kernel exploit to play my back ups of these classics on my vita would love to see how it looks on a nice screen like the vita,nice post tho wololo

1. Acid_Snake’s avatar

Acid 1 and 2 are non-canon, so it’s not a necessity to include it in this collection.

23. Executem’s avatar

No mention of Soul Sacrifice?????

24. tmann’s avatar

YOU FORGOT SOUL SACRIFICE! AWESOME GAME!

1. tmann’s avatar

also $40 usd

1. Minimur12’s avatar

you gave me a great idea, for next weeks ill post something sayig if i’ve missed anything then the commenters can help me out :)

1. Minimur12’s avatar

because a 10-in-1 blog post is already quite long, I didn’t want to bore anyone. (1,600 words, did you read it all?)

1. gunblade’s avatar

i tend to skim read wen there alot to read (sumtimes)

25. Hx7z7’s avatar

“I love Ratchet & Clank, I don’t know if I can wait 2 years though. (Imagine what a 20 year old would look like going to see that film)”

Seriously? Nobody gives a f*ck.

26. TheTokBoks’s avatar

So… Your 18 then?

1. Minimur12’s avatar

well done ;)

27. JeoWay’s avatar

What. Did. You. Do. To. That. Poor. PS3. Controller.!?

1. Minimur12’s avatar

what you’re looking at there my friend is a PS3.4 controller, it is a ps3 controller which has been moulded into the design of a PS4 controller. (apart from a touchpad, obviously)

1. gunblade’s avatar

trigger look good like the use of color ..also the controller holder preety cool (hardware modding ur cool now wo want to have the same mass produce product as everybody else)

28. TelgarDrakore’s avatar

Im impressed, I actually enjoyed this article a lot better then your last ones Minimur12. Keep it up your getting better at doing these. Though you still have typos occasionally :P.

29. NNNRT’s avatar

I started by reading the first sentence… wanted to read more, then more, then morer, then even more, THEN [dang, it's the end]. Good job Minimur! :P

30. Hellinferno’s avatar

I never played Ratched but i give it a try,i love Medievil and Skullmonkeys and i hate Football games thats why i dont have one.Sony mother Fu**er release a god of war,king of fighters,kingdom hearts and ports of ps2 games if Tales games will not be here.

31. tmann’s avatar

UPGRADE YOUR VITAS AND PLAY SOUL SACRIFICE, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT :)

1. gunblade’s avatar

if i can find anader vita on 1.81 again dont think it be easy

32. best free online mmo’s avatar

You have made some good points there. I checked on the internet for more information about the issue and found most individuals will go
    along with your views on this web site.

Check out my page :: best free online mmo