Minimur’s Weekly News Summary: The CryEngine, Sly Cooper On Vita & More!

If you’re wondering what this is all about, it is yet another article series from yours truly. :) It is for those who have been living under a rock for the past week, this is the recent news in gaming, tech, and everything else in the past week!

I’ll start with Vita news, that’s the part you want to know first, right?

As you should know, Jak and Daxter collection (1,2,3) has been officially confirmed and is being released in June! Now although it was officially announced, it was found on the ESRB rating site quite a while ago.
But what else is interesting, fresh from the announcement of the Jak & Daxter collection is that a Sly Cooper collection has been spotted on the ESRB website aswell. I remember having the games on my PS2. Love them so much!

Here is the trailer for the PS3 trilogy:

Now I don’t want to shock you or anything, so prepare yourself.
FIFA 14 has been announced. Shocker! I agree that it isn’t really worth to be on here, but for those FIFA fans out there that weren’t aware that it has been announced, here’s a good article to read if you want to know more about the game.

What’s next……

Monster Hunter is going online! It will be a free-to-play online MMO. It was originally planned just to be released in Japan but Crytek announced recently that it “will be developed for the international market” (being localised) Monster Hunter is running on  CryEngine 3. This may only a little bit of news, but you know how I love my game engines. Let’s see what it looks like, shall we?

Pretty……..

It’s Raining Money!

The legendary dev’s who made the tech demo for the PS4, Quantic Dream, have recently announced that the tear-jerking Heavy Rain cost €16 Million to make. Alot I know, but they also said that they got back an amazing €100 Million :o

Their latest game, Beyond: Two Souls looks great. Taking chances pays off when you are a talented company like them. Will you be getting Beyond: Two Souls?
I am. :D

Here is a fan made trailer for Heavy Rain,  I found the official one a tiny bit innapropriate. This one is a very well made though.

Now, you can’t tell me off for this being as it isn’t on there yet. In may this will become a kickstarter project, I found out about it while on n4g.com. It is a game that has a great Final Fantasy 7 vibe to it, here’s the video of it here. Tell me what you think of it!

Like it?

Something else engine based (ish) now, co-founder of the unity engine Nicholas Francis has left the company and decided to start up his own games company named ‘Framebunker’.
Seriously? Couldn’t think of a better name?
Anyway, it’s pretty obvious they’ll use the Unity engine, and you know what that means. Mobile games. Their first game they will be making is Static Sky, it’s a game aimed at tablet gamers and set in a cyber-punk world.

A new horror game, a little bit like Slender, simply called Eyes. Instead of pages, bags of cash (because you just leave bags of cash around). Instead of a forest, a mansion. Instead of Slenderman……….. A floating head.
It runs on the unity engine and you can either play it online, or download it. Want to scare yourself? Click here.

Reminds me of my ex.

Now here’s the Wololo blog recap of the week, the news that stands out on the blog.

The Cold Truth: PS Vita Sold Less in 1 Year The PSP in 1 Month – Wololo tells us how well the Vita isn’t selling.

PS Vita Hack: (Video) VHBL (still) running on firmware 2.11 -Yay!

Lower PS Vita Firmwares for Dummies -Jd8531 helps you out if you’re on a lower firmware and you are in despair.

Apache Overkill returns to the PSN! - Wololo lets us know that the most recent exploit game is back on the store.

Release: TN-V v3  -  :)

Next week there will be better news, obviously……. maybe……. possibly………. hopefully.

1. GuitaristMatt’s avatar

Yay MHO!

1. GuitaristMatt’s avatar

wait, am I first? That never happens.

2. alatnet’s avatar

Holy crap MH is going to be awesome!

3. Draven’s avatar

While I don’t mind seeing articles that aren’t specifically scene-related, it would be nice if you took a moment and at least TRIED to proofread your own work. This article looks like a middle-school student wrote it. Very, very sloppy and unprofessional.

1. Wrozen’s avatar

It’s a blog not a college history report. He tries to lighten up the mood by being more comedic. He serves the information in a more relaxed, less up tight manner.

1. Draven’s avatar

This wouldn’t even be at high school level. Be light-hearted and comedic, but at least spell words properly and act like you’re a professional.

2. x eye’s avatar

sheesh why don’t just write your own blog already? anyway thanks minimur. keep up the good work.

1. Draven’s avatar

Did I say that he shouldn’t write articles at all? No. I suggested that he PROOF-READ HIS WORK.

I consider this site to be the definitive source of information about Vita-related hackery. That said, if this is THE place to be for the scene, one wouldn’t be remiss in expecting a modicum of professionalism.

All I said was to clean it up before publishing. If people can’t take constructive criticism, then they don’t need to be interacting with the public, period.

My SUGGESTION was made with good intentions, not just to insult someone.

1. Is’s avatar

You Mad Bro ? *insert pikachu and banana*

3. Developer’s avatar

The truth is:
      It doensn’t matter what you think.

This blog is here to give information to you guys.
      Who do you think you are, to tell you wan’t a more professional way of writing because >you< think that that is more appropriate?

If you don't like how some posts are written, with a bit more comedic then you think it should have then (jus't don't read it)keep it to yourself or visit another site.

Saying things like these(the stuff you said) and bashing people who give up/take their time to give us the information won't change anything.

I have been told the following by a smart man:
      If you don't have anything usefull to say,
      Then shut up,

1. Draven’s avatar

Excuse me, son? Who the hell are YOU? This is a PUBLIC FORUM, kiddo. That means the PUBLIC is allowed, and ENCOURAGED to participate. I will say whatever I please, thank you ever so much.

Before you pop off at me, you should try to write like a grown adult, not a child.

Why do I get the sinking suspicion that you’re Minimur12, and you wrote this “anonymously”, so you could tell me off without being direct about it? Your writing style is very, very similar.

Do the world a favor. Read a book. If you can’t handle constructive criticism, get off the internet, immediately.

1. >_>’s avatar

If you want scholarly APA/MLA formatted articles here, write them yourself. Better yet, just take your own advice and GTFO.

4. ziim’s avatar

Liked the article, hope the vita picks up some steam.

1. Hedonism’s avatar

Moi aussi!

5. chuckthetekkie’s avatar

I have been dying for the Jak collection and Sly Collection to come to the Vita. Now they need to do the Ratchet Collection. Question will be if they will be a Cross-Buy? I have purchased Jak 1 HD and Ratchet 1 HD from PSN already.

1. Kyu’s avatar

I agree that a Ratchet collection would be sweet (if I saw that too in the announcement,I would prolly get a heart attack out of excitement).

6. Draven’s avatar

Deleting comments because you don’t like them?

Grow up, little boy.

1. wololo’s avatar

We only delete comments that only say “first”, comments that are a direct insult to somebody, or the typical illegal stuff (racism,…). Most likely, your browser cached the page when your comment wasn’t there yet. Your previous comment is there, untouched

1. DS_Marine’s avatar

I have this problem all the time.
        Comment something, and the page shows my comment.
        But if I close and open again, it shows the page cached WITHOUT my comment. Need to use shift-f5 to refresh.
        Is there a some strange setting on these pages or something?

2. grown up here’s avatar

Ok, Draven. So now that you know you are wrong, are you man enough to apologize for your little tantrum? Or could it be that in fact you are the one who is the “little boy”

1. Draven’s avatar

Yup. I was wrong, and it isn’t the first time.

I assumed that Minimur had deleted my comment, and insulted him without cause.

I apologize, and will make sure to not pop off until I know I am right.

1. >_>’s avatar

You shouldn’t pop off period, because it seems you have some anger management issues there bud. <_<

7. JeoWay’s avatar

Is the Monster Hunter for the Vita?
    Respond. Wasn’t clear enough in the article ;)

1. Minimur12’s avatar

lol, monster hunter online on pc, sly cooper for vita

1. Sylen7Nato’s avatar

thanks for the clarification…i was confused as to whether the games were all going to be released on vita or not…everything looks very exciting though…had to get used to your style of writing, but am finding your articles more informative and interesting with each read…keep up the good work.

1. Minimur12’s avatar

thanks bud ;) my blogs are unique from the other bloggers on here, glad someone likes it! xD

2. =’s avatar

We most likely will never see MH for the Vita unfortunately. Not for a long, long time at least.

8. tn0w’s avatar

This is not a good writer, he’s just summing up a bunch of games and projects. It reads as an incoherant whole. I rather have one good blog a week instead of these filler blogs.

1. Draven’s avatar

Agreed. Emphatically.

2. niksko12’s avatar

If you don’t like how he writes his blog then don’t read.

Plain and simple.

Read the name of the author first before reading. ;)

1. tn0w’s avatar

I know, I just criticised it.

2. Draven’s avatar

It’s making the entire page look bad. That’s the reason I was giving constructive feedback.

9. haunterzerox’s avatar

I wonder how many players for MHO. Hopefully it’ll double to 8 or 12 players. That’ll be great.

10. keane’s avatar

Yeah, FIFA 14, just going to look at the article now :)

11. Kefkiroth’s avatar

If Capcom made this a F2P game on Vita + PC like PSO2… imagine the sales… of course that would never happen.

1. AccuteO’s avatar

lol, i guess this MH is the one mistaken as PSVita’s MH which leaked by chinese :P

12. BahamutBBob’s avatar

…I’m not excited about anything in this article, aside from the possibilities for the future. I’d love more PS2 ports on Vita, but not Jak or Sly. I have the Jak collection on PS3, and was not impressed by Sly when I got the first game from PS+, or the demos for Sly 4. And to be honest, I either don’t care about, or haven’t heard of, every other game mentioned.

Though I did recently snag Heavy Rain Director’s Cut for $10 new, so my opinion on Beyond could change.

1. BahamutBBob’s avatar

Also, F2P Monster Hunter? Two of Capcom’s worst (IMO) things combined. MH and their DLC. (you know they’re gonna have DLC to support the game…)

1. x eye’s avatar

ahh a final fantasy fan no doubt. video game royalty…oy

13. CaptainObvious’s avatar

Whats up with the sly cooper trilogy? are you saying that a trilogy is being made or that the trilogy is coming to the vita?

I know the trilogy has been made because i bought it for my ps3… if youre talking about bringing the trilogy to the ps3, then this is not fair, if i had known it was coming to the vita, i would have waited… >:|
    saw an article about playing psp games on the ps3, will there be a way to port ps3 games on to a vita? haha

14. Shinobi’s avatar

To be honest ps vita sucks for now,they dont make any good quality games with good graphics,i have the vita and i can say that 90% of the games sucks.The vita is quad core c’mon sony or however make some good quality games.The mobile devices have much better games and graphics.

1. razor’s avatar

Agreed.

2. LOL’s avatar

What makes you think the Vita has sh*tty games? What do you mean no good quality games with good graphics? And what the hell do you mean by mobile devices have better games?

Mobile games have most games in 2D with sprites and pixels. The ones that are in 3D are limited in terms of game play. They are fun and addicting, but NOT the same quality as a true handheld console.

VITA games to look out for:
      Gravity Rush

Malicious Rebirth
      Samurai & Dragons
      Phantasy Star Online 2
      Gundam Breaker
      J-Stars Victory Vs
      God Eater 2

There is even sports and racing games like Sonic Racing or Hot Shots Golf WI, if you’re into that sort of thing too.

If NONE of these games appeal to you, I highly suggest you just stop playing games all together or stick to playing only Call of Duty and Battlefield. Seriously. I’m not joking.

1. LOL’s avatar

There are a TON of other games too, I just didn’t want to make my post any longer.

Games like Dynasty Warriors Next, etc are so damn fun. Even though it’s a really mindless button masher. :)

1. Shinobi’s avatar

No offense but probably u are having a shiti mobile divice so u dont know all the mobile games,the amazing graphics and game play.The vita hase some good games but most of them suck face it.15 games in a year of period of time?????Do u remember the psp how many games they had in a year of period of time?And android games are swarming like plague,and improving to be much much better.

15. GlueGun’s avatar

holly shit 410011111111111111$
    sony your console sucks so much balls that you need to update
    your ip packets FASTER look above money $$$.
    like, first web browser that “lowers” speed, i mean try youtube on
    2.11 lol.
    411111111110001001100011111$

fail.

1. >_>’s avatar

What’s with the machine code? XD Epic hacking fail on your part. :P

16. Archaga’s avatar

Yup, I pretty much lost it when I saw that Monster Hunter news. I’ve hoped for YEARS there might eventually be a Frontier port to the West. Now my prayers have been answered beyond expectations. Now to play the waiting game.

17. Developer’s avatar

The truth is:
    It doensn’t matter what you think.

This blog is here to give information to you guys.

I have been told the following by a smart man:
    If you don't have anything usefull to say,
    Then shut up,

1. Minimur12’s avatar

Developer, thanks for liking them! one of few ;)

but draven has a valid point, theres always room for improvement! :)
      with each blog post ill only be getting better, hopefully.

1. Draven’s avatar

Well, damn. I jumped the gun, again.

I had assumed you were “Developer”, Minimur12, and were commenting to me on another post on this thread incognito.

I am just going to message you directly.

1. >_>’s avatar

Yeah you seem to ASSume way too much without thinking things through. XD

18. Developer’s avatar

@ Draven

19. Developer’s avatar

@Minimur12

Could you please delete my post of:
    @ draven

along with this post?

And by the way, quote:
    (but draven has a valid point, theres always room for improvement! ) this says, that you are a wise man/woman.

I respect your way of thinking ;)

20. Norml’s avatar

Never got the chance to play these series and just finished beating Sly Cooper thieves in time for the Vita. So this is great news, now I can play the others. In total with both series are 6 games which is superb news!

21. pwner’s avatar

Jak for vita is looking particularly good

The price is a lesson on how to release hd collections!!!!

22. Elratauru’s avatar

What a waste of Cryengine 3. Why would you make a game with that engine if the assets are gonna look like from 4 years ago? Normal map? Where are you? I miss you :(

Really, that is as lazy as they can get. I get that producing new assets costs money and all, but the only thing that the game is benefiting from the CE3 is the lighting, which while it’s not something minnor, it’s a waste with those textures.

Besides that…Capcom sucks, killed Megaman, milked Street Fighter to hell, released lot of 2D fighter ports which sucked ass, as it was just that, a direct emulation with a filter, Resident evil ended up as an action game and, Monster Hunter 3 was released for about 10 platforms already, for the love of god. I don’t want to play it for the tenth time.

Rage aside, I’d love to see a “from the ground up” MH game with CryEngine 3.

1. Z’s avatar

Just because it’s made on the CryEngine 3(or any other popular engine ) doesn’t mean it’s supposed to look awesome right away. There are a lot more factors in production. Look at DC Universe Online. It was made on UE3, but even the maxed out PC version doesn’t look all that good

23. ps’s avatar

Are all these games gonna be on the vita?

24. Gandalf’s avatar

Ahhhhh that crap … vita can’t run this CrySewer 3??

MH wanted this for vita too … I want to be heard!!

1. >_>’s avatar

……….it’s “Crysis”.

1. Z’s avatar

He was making a pun on CryEngine 3

1. >_>’s avatar

Whoops, my bad.

25. Zyphs’s avatar

Probably gonna get Jak and Daxter for the vita when it comes out because i love that game sires.

26. NNNRT’s avatar